How to invade Britain and avoid its navy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to invade Britain and avoid its navy

Britain is not as safe as you thought...
      Here's a guide to invading it.

1. Use airmobile infantry.
      I am not sure if airmobile infantry declares war upon takeoff, but it is a surefire way to avoid Britain's huge naval forces.
      If it is a 4x game, and you are sure the player is asleep, then feel free to take a small province with no troops, then, build an airstrip and move your army in. If it is not 4x, you will want to deal a devastating blow to London(Which has an airport). Then, fly your remaining troops in!
      2. Use a risky way called "Rapid docking".
      Send your invasion force to attack your target(maybe london, as you can fly your troops in afterword). The second it starts the disembarking timer of 2h and 15 min, it should declare war. Rapidly tap on your disembarking transport, and reselect your target. This turns your transport instantly into a land division.
      Hopefully the devs don't fix this interesting feature... Or nerf airmobile even more...
      This way, your troops suffer at most 1 hit from any ships. Maybe even none, because ship artillery takes 5 seconds to aim and fire.
      After that, you just neutralized Britain's island advantage! Congrats.
      You better make sure the player is sleeping or not online though...
      Please give me your results and/or comments.

NOTE:
      This only works really with Britain(or maybe ireland in bigger maps).
      Britain has a 35ish mile wide channel(at some places) separating it from france and belgium(and the rest of europe).
      Using airmobile infantry to invade australia, for instance, would not work.
      As for rapid docking, I'm sure the player would have seen you. Australia is a huge distance away from anywhere else(other than NZ).
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."

The post was edited 3 times, last by The Ewac ().

• nice idea, but not completely new,...

Airmobile will work of course, better even if stacked with airmobile CRVs or TDs und to make sure you can add airmobile sam or MobAA (AA Bubble is active directly after landing, no 1hr cooldown for disembraking)

The second one sounds cool,...
      ... but didn´t work

yes transport ships can be converted to troops by setting a new move command.
      but if there is an anemy ship in direct contact it will lock the ground troop in Close combat anyway. now the normal game mechanic applies:
      because you are a ground troop, you can´t retreat because there is no firendly terrain adjecent. your troops are locked for infinety (until the navy beats the hell out of you).

I used this three days ago to stop an invasion to hamburg,... the corvete i build there was ready early enough to lock the invader and i finished him of with planes :)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • Hi, all.
      Thanks for the replies. A better idea would be to scout with ASF before you invade. It does not matter if you encounter ships in the channel, it matters if there is a ship "docked" in the city you are trying to land on.
      This works when you are within the ship's artillery range but not within it's close combat.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • 737373elj wrote:

Just build your own navy
      Although the second tip is immsensely interesting
      Mainland europe will never be able to overtake Britain's navy(If he's going all in)- On the mainland you need to devote huge amounts of resources to army, while Britain can go more navy.
    • ewac123 wrote:

Hi, all.
      Thanks for the replies. A better idea would be to scout with ASF before you invade. It does not matter if you encounter ships in the channel, it matters if there is a ship "docked" in the city you are trying to land on.
      This works when you are within the ship's artillery range but not within it's close combat.
      this still is based on the assumption that your enemy doesnt see your transport coming and is inactive for several hours
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

Hi, all.
      this still is based on the assumption that your enemy doesnt see your transport coming and is inactive for several hours
      I specifically said that you need to make sure the enemy is sleeping...
    • @jemandanderes: yes, ship must be directly in the shore (i think 5px is the buffer)

@ewac123: for my opinion there are to many IFs. Especiallly since Mobile you cant be sure the guy who took Britain isn´t an old grumpy who moves to the bathroom 7 times a night to take a single piss. and checkes his Ipad each time seein you tryin to rectify him...
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • ewac123 wrote:

Britain is not as safe as you thought...
      Here's a guide to invading it.

1. Use airmobile infantry.
      I am not sure if airmobile infantry declares war upon takeoff, but it is a surefire way to avoid Britain's huge naval forces.
      If it is a 4x game, and you are sure the player is asleep, then feel free to take a small province with no troops, then, build an airstrip and move your army in. If it is not 4x, you will want to deal a devastating blow to London(Which has an airport). Then, fly your remaining troops in!
      2. Use a risky way called "Rapid docking".
      Send your invasion force to attack your target(maybe london, as you can fly your troops in afterword). The second it starts the disembarking timer of 2h and 15 min, it should declare war. Rapidly tap on your disembarking transport, and reselect your target. This turns your transport instantly into a land division.
      Hopefully the devs don't fix this interesting feature... Or nerf airmobile even more...
      This way, your troops suffer at most 1 hit from any ships. Maybe even none, because ship artillery takes 5 seconds to aim and fire.
      After that, you just neutralized Britain's island advantage! Congrats.
      You better make sure the player is sleeping or not online though...
      Please give me your results and/or comments.

NOTE:
      This only works really with Britain(or maybe ireland in bigger maps).
      Britain has a 35ish mile wide channel(at some places) separating it from france and belgium(and the rest of europe).
      Using airmobile infantry to invade australia, for instance, would not work.
      As for rapid docking, I'm sure the player would have seen you. Australia is a huge distance away from anywhere else(other than NZ).
      Hey ewac123!

To respond to your question about airborne infantry yes! they do set war once they are upon takeoff.

As far as invading Britain there is multiple ways to do so. If they do have a navy you could either build up your own or perhaps use a 5 stack of strike fighters to attack the boats as well unless if they have some air defense upgrade or even frigates then building up your own navy is the way to go.
    • How to Invade Britain and avoid its Navy:

1.) Get several million dollars
      2.) Hire an expert internet forensic investigator(s) (hackers)
      3.) Have said expert locate player playing Britain
      4.) Hire an agent
      5.) Have said agent fly to Britain players location and begin distracting him with free stuff, trips, tours, anything to get him away for hours at a time in a place with no cell signal
      6.) While player is distracted, invade Britain
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

How to Invade Britain and avoid its Navy:

4.) Hire an agent
      5.) Have said agent fly to Britain players location and begin distracting him with free stuff, trips, tours, anything to get him away for hours at a time in a place with no cell signal
      You are so funny man.
      Simpler idea: attack when he is sleeping.
      If I had millions, I would not spend them on this game...
    • ewac123 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

How to Invade Britain and avoid its Navy:

4.) Hire an agent
      You are so funny man.Simpler idea: attack when he is sleeping.
      If I had millions, I would not spend them on this game...
      Surely you realize it was MEANT to be ridiculous because it would be much more efficient to buy gold to construct an overwhelming force than to do what I said. The point was to highlight the ridiculousness of your method which boils down to "attack while he is sleeping" which is nothing new or grand secret strategy, and applicable to any country, not just Britain.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • They already fixed the docking thing. it will instantly open war when you order your unit to go into enemy land with pathway through the port. like how you open war when order airplane to fly on the province.

Best way we could do to avoid this adjusted feature is to position all your troops near the port first before disembarking
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • ewac123 wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Just build your own navy
      Although the second tip is immsensely interesting
      Mainland europe will never be able to overtake Britain's navy(If he's going all in)- On the mainland you need to devote huge amounts of resources to army, while Britain can go more navy.
      Well, if he doesn't invade others he will have way worse economy so you can build your navy faster.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Fereyd wrote:

correct,
      but i like the update because it is more relistic :)
      Oh, so that's how it works, I have already asked in the thread for clarification but didn't got a clear answer. I don't think this is more realistic, since when you e.g. take off in America to invade someone in Europe there is no way he can know that I'm heading to him. Of course you can avoid that by first giving the order to move close to the port and when it's there giving the order to invade.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Oh Come on...
      Anyhow, The rapid docking feature works early game- because no one parks ships at every single port(before like day 8).
      If you "bump" into a ship, then you will not declare war, unless you are at the docks already.
      Which means, unless there is a corvette docked at a harbor, this rapid docking feature still works...
    • NOOOOOOO!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! After I wrote this post(to help people circumvent people that spam navy), the devs didn't like it and removed the feature. Now, you are in trouble...
      This feature no longer works due to auto declare war.
      I have figured out a way to circumvent that. Simple: Make your destination the waters literally 1 inch away from the harbor. If there is a corvette blocking, switch ports. If not, then you attack. Carry out the same strategy like that.
      To the devs: Please do not ban me. I am just pointing out some fun features.