Defending as a neutral european nation(Austria)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Defending as a neutral european nation(Austria)

Hi, all.

I am playing a game as Austria. In this game, I am being neutral.
      It's a 4X WW3 game, and it is currently day 13.
      I have taken Bratislava from Slovak, own Croatia and Slovenia.
      Right now, there is a "cold war" between an EU coalition(Poland, Italy, France, Norway, Sweden) who have taken most of Europe and Russia, versus a Serbia-Turkey-Middle East coalition, who have taken Greece and a few surrounding AI, and are allied with Romania.
      I have declared my neutrality and have taken precautions.
      I researched mobile anti aircraft vehicles, Advanced Mechanized, Towed Artillery, and am researching Advanced National Guard.
      I have a total of 45 units. Around 11 National Guard, 8 Mechanized infantry, a bunch of Motorized infantry, an anti aircraft gun in every city, and like 6 towed artillery on my borders. National Guard has a 50% Defensive bonus in cities and suburbs, so I used them. Mechanized infantry is good at defending against armored vehicles, mobile anti air is easy to produce to take on planes and choppers, and towed artillery is because I can't afford to lose units due to my small economy.
      What are your thoughts and suggestions?
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • why the unholy fuck do you need 2 different type of inf
      and ofc you need to space out your units a bit more; pretty much all of your stuff only takes components and supplies
      tho tbh either way you wont really be anything more than a speedbump when ppl who activly conquer stuff invade you
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • There's no plausible way you'll really come out on top of your game if you don't expand... it's a given that once one coalition comes out on top, they'll invade you. If you really are dead set on hunkering down, I would suggest bunkers and hospitals in your cities.
      "Dealer of Death has counted to infinity... twice"
      -Kurtvonstein
    • Teburu wrote:

why the unholy fuck do you need 2 different type of inf
      and ofc you need to space out your units a bit more; pretty much all of your stuff only takes components and supplies
      tho tbh either way you wont really be anything more than a speedbump when ppl who activly conquer stuff invade you
      National guard is an anti infantry defensive unit.
      Mech inf. is anti armor.
      Also, there's a reason why Germany didn't invade Switzerland in ww2.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

National guard is an anti infantry defensive unit.Mech inf. is anti armor.
      Oh... are you too storing gold for both coalitions?
      "Dealer of Death has counted to infinity... twice"
      -Kurtvonstein
    • Pretty much.
      I trade with both sides- they all need electronics in their air to air battles.
      Each side has pressured me to not trade with the other, but if they attack me, I will only trade with the other side...
    • LOL.
      The serbian coalition kicked out Turkey because he DIDN'T sell his allies any resources even though he had a surplus-
      Now Serbia is pressing me to join...
      So much for neutrality. Should I join?
    • I would join. It is better to ally with someone rather than be stuck in between two people who can crush you at any time....... if you are sandwiched in between them both you can ask them to move through your territory so they can defend/take over the European coalition but it depends on your situation. Just me speaking.
      Im evil. How are you

driving that car :evil:
    • ewac123 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

National guard is an anti infantry defensive unit.Mech inf. is anti armor.
      Yes, Germany did not invade while WW2 was going because of multiple reasons, trading may be on of them. But if Hitler would have won the war, he would have eventually invade Switzerland. And you should not forget that they were in real life, having to deal with way more than in this game. In here, they wouldn't mind invading you after they came out on top, even though they were trading with you. I think you chose right when you entered one of the coalitions.
      If you would want to still do this, you would also need artillery and radar units with big ranges(as you basically always do). If you have them and your enemies don't and your are active enough, you would have good chances.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Teburu wrote:

No, THREE types of Infantry!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

National guard is an anti infantry defensive unit.Mech inf. is anti armor.Also, there's a reason why Germany didn't invade Switzerland in ww2.
      Yes, Germany did not invade while WW2 was going because of multiple reasons, trading may be on of them. But if Hitler would have won the war, he would have eventually invade Switzerland. And you should not forget that they were in real life, having to deal with way more than in this game. In here, they wouldn't mind invading you after they came out on top, even though they were trading with you. I think you chose right when you entered one of the coalitions.
      Disagree that Hitler would have invaded Switzerland after WW2 had he won. Switzerland is so tiny it has little natural resources, as well as the fact that it is extremely well defended on all sides thanks to heavily mountainous terrain, bunkers everywhere and each and every household being armed with a gun. It would be a nightmare to invade, with decade-long guerrilla warfare and thousands of casualties. Not to mention that Germany would have other bigger enemies to deal with (Japan, or the US depending on what alternate history scenario you’re using. And I know everybody knows this but Hitler couldn’t have won WW2 anyway unless he doesn’t go to war with the US or the Soviets.)

Dealer of Death wrote:

Teburu wrote:

No, THREE types of Infantry!
      Why not ALL?
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • 737373elj wrote:

Disagree that Hitler would have invaded Switzerland after WW2 had he won. Switzerland is so tiny it has little natural resources, as well as the fact that it is extremely well defended on all sides thanks to heavily mountainous terrain, bunkers everywhere and each and every household being armed with a gun. It would be a nightmare to invade, with decade-long guerrilla warfare and thousands of casualties. Not to mention that Germany would have other bigger enemies to deal with (Japan, or the US depending on what alternate history scenario you’re using. And I know everybody knows this but Hitler couldn’t have won WW2 anyway unless he doesn’t go to war with the US or the Soviets.)
      Well, I don't mean immediately after, but I think he would have eventually invaded Switzerland, or annexed it peacefully, if Switzerland would have allowed that.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • UPDATE:
      The Cold war is escalating after multiple nations are flying UAVs over each other's territory.
      11 norwegian tanks were on my border before Austrian Special Attack Infantry parachuted 5 Mechanized Infantry, and 3 national guard into oslo.(It's my secret how I did that-)
    • Second UPDATE:
      Sweden thought it would be fun to fly 5 choppers over Vienna, only to get shot down by anti aircraft guns.
    • ewac123 wrote:

UPDATE:
      The Cold war is escalating after multiple nations are flying UAVs over each other's territory.
      11 norwegian tanks were on my border before Austrian Special Attack Infantry parachuted 5 Mechanized Infantry, and 3 national guard into oslo.(It's my secret how I did that-)
      Ok, let me guess:
      1, You had Right of Way with him.
      2. You came from the sea.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • The dude gave me right of way, then he rammed his tanks into my territory.
      I think it wasn't really a double cross when my guys jumped out of a plane over oslo.
      My special attack infantry used his civilian airport...
      Anyhow, they flew back home after a deescalation. But Sweden flew like 5 choppers and 5 planes over vienna, and I "accidentally" used 4 anti airs to shoot them all down.