Infantry mortars need a nerf, specially on x4 games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Infantry mortars need a nerf, specially on x4 games

    I feel the mortars on infantry are too strong, specially if you are playing a x4 speed game.

    -While you are sleeping, they can just leave 5 units of infantry shooting mortars at your city and destroy a big stack of units.
    -They also force you to leave the city, having to go out and fight them outside the city.
    -If you are faster than the enemy or your enemy is travelling AFK, you can kite them (Attacking once with mortars, retreating for 1 hour, attacking again,etc)

    I don't want them removed, but i think mortars should do %50 the damage of the infantry stats and not %100. Realistically, doesn't make sense how mortars do as much damage as fighting in "melee".
  • Thanks for the suggestion.
    Mortars do more damage than normal guns.
    Mortars are long range weapons(compared to guns) that fire explosives or other ammunition providing short range artillery support.
    This balances out with the fact that mortars are harder to use, load, aim, and fire.
    Therefore, I think that the mortar damage SHOULD equal normal machine gun damage.
    Also, I have a much easier way to fix your little problem...
    By the time there is modern infantry, you should have artillery...
    Seeing as any artillery destroys the 20km infantry mortar range, that's an easy fix to your problem.
    If not, you probably won't even survive until then(Unless you are NZ, of course.).
    "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
    English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."

    The post was edited 1 time, last by ewac123 ().

  • Artillery are quite expensive and hard to move around, you would also need to know where the infantry is going to strike to prepare your artillery there.

    Yes, a mortar to your head does more damage than a machine gun, but mortar fire is quite inaccurate and is easy to avoid casualties from mortars, specially if you have cover or inside a city.
  • Seigaku wrote:

    Artillery are quite expensive and hard to move around, you would also need to know where the infantry is going to strike to prepare your artillery there.

    Yes, a mortar to your head does more damage than a machine gun, but mortar fire is quite inaccurate and is easy to avoid casualties from mortars, specially if you have cover or inside a city.
    Well, just use mobile radar, it can also detect units with low radar signature on lvl 3. At the beginning Air Superiority Fighters can be your scout. For a more mobile radar AWACs are also pretty useful, but they cannot detect infantry, which is only in radar range. And you can also be successful to a certain extend if you capture all territory with NG and use them as scouts I think.
  • Seigaku wrote:

    I feel the mortars on infantry are too strong, specially if you are playing a x4 speed game.

    -While you are sleeping, they can just leave 5 units of infantry shooting mortars at your city and destroy a big stack of units.
    -They also force you to leave the city, having to go out and fight them outside the city.
    -If you are faster than the enemy or your enemy is travelling AFK, you can kite them (Attacking once with mortars, retreating for 1 hour, attacking again,etc)

    I don't want them removed, but i think mortars should do %50 the damage of the infantry stats and not %100. Realistically, doesn't make sense how mortars do as much damage as fighting in "melee".
    I just don't get this.

    Why in the world would you want them to "break" our toys?
    You know, YOU can do the same thing with them as your opponent.

    Who wants to play a game of chess with all pawns????
    *** Warning: This poster is on double secret probation ***

    "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • Dealer of Death wrote:

    Seigaku wrote:

    I feel the mortars on infantry are too strong, specially if you are playing a x4 speed game.

    -While you are sleeping, they can just leave 5 units of infantry shooting mortars at your city and destroy a big stack of units.
    -They also force you to leave the city, having to go out and fight them outside the city.
    -If you are faster than the enemy or your enemy is travelling AFK, you can kite them (Attacking once with mortars, retreating for 1 hour, attacking again,etc)

    I don't want them removed, but i think mortars should do %50 the damage of the infantry stats and not %100. Realistically, doesn't make sense how mortars do as much damage as fighting in "melee".
    I just don't get this.
    Why in the world would you want them to "break" our toys?
    You know, YOU can do the same thing with them as your opponent.

    Who wants to play a game of chess with all pawns????
    lichess.org/tv/horde
    EDIT: That's how the board looks like at the start: lichess.org/analysis/horde

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Jemandanderes ().

  • Jemandanderes wrote:

    Dealer of Death wrote:

    Seigaku wrote:

    I feel the mortars on infantry are too strong, specially if you are playing a x4 speed game.

    -While you are sleeping, they can just leave 5 units of infantry shooting mortars at your city and destroy a big stack of units.
    -They also force you to leave the city, having to go out and fight them outside the city.
    -If you are faster than the enemy or your enemy is travelling AFK, you can kite them (Attacking once with mortars, retreating for 1 hour, attacking again,etc)

    I don't want them removed, but i think mortars should do %50 the damage of the infantry stats and not %100. Realistically, doesn't make sense how mortars do as much damage as fighting in "melee".
    I just don't get this.Why in the world would you want them to "break" our toys?
    You know, YOU can do the same thing with them as your opponent.

    Who wants to play a game of chess with all pawns????
    lichess.org/tv/horde
    Not exactly fair, white spammed NGs!
    *** Warning: This poster is on double secret probation ***

    "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • Jemandanderes wrote:

    Dealer of Death wrote:

    Seigaku wrote:

    I feel the mortars on infantry are too strong, specially if you are playing a x4 speed game.

    -While you are sleeping, they can just leave 5 units of infantry shooting mortars at your city and destroy a big stack of units.
    -They also force you to leave the city, having to go out and fight them outside the city.
    -If you are faster than the enemy or your enemy is travelling AFK, you can kite them (Attacking once with mortars, retreating for 1 hour, attacking again,etc)

    I don't want them removed, but i think mortars should do %50 the damage of the infantry stats and not %100. Realistically, doesn't make sense how mortars do as much damage as fighting in "melee".
    I just don't get this.Why in the world would you want them to "break" our toys?
    You know, YOU can do the same thing with them as your opponent.

    Who wants to play a game of chess with all pawns????
    lichess.org/tv/hordeEDIT: That's how the board looks like at the start: lichess.org/analysis/horde
    See? Tanks alone suck. This is why TRUE PROS use aerial, naval and ranged ground attacks!
    Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

    Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

    Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
  • Moto Infantry mortars a problem? Come on man, not only can you destroy them with also having the same unit but as well with just having tier 1 towed artys, those aren't expensive and you can just spam them guarding your cities with some cheap ass radar.

    The only problem I can possibly find is that them having mortars is a deal-breaker compared to the other infantry types since you can always use the range attack before heading to direct battle., but then again its useless compared to every single other ranged unit on ground even lowest levels lmao
  • Seigaku wrote:

    All i read here is bias opinions, you don't want Mortars nerfed because you all spam them.
    Used infantry mortar like maybe twice. I don't think they are really some broken thing since the range is so small. Infantry is used to capture land and not fighting.

    If you think they are too broken in 4x, then stop playing 4x kekw.

    If you think they are too broken, then just wait till you face any kind of real artillery lmao.
  • Seigaku wrote:

    All i read here is bias opinions, you don't want Mortars nerfed because you all spam them.
    And the award for the absolute worst "bias opinion" on this thread goes to:

    I feel the mortars on infantry are too strong, specially if you are playing a x4 speed game.

    -While you are sleeping, they can just leave 5 units of infantry shooting mortars at your city and destroy a big stack of units.
    -They also force you to leave the city, having to go out and fight them outside the city.
    -If you are faster than the enemy or your enemy is travelling AFK, you can kite them (Attacking once with mortars, retreating for 1 hour, attacking again,etc)

    I don't want them removed, but i think mortars should do %50 the damage of the infantry stats and not %100. Realistically, doesn't make sense how mortars do as much damage as fighting in "melee".
    *** Warning: This poster is on double secret probation ***

    "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD