Stealthed Units and Detection

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stealthed Units and Detection

Hello everyone,

i have Drones on max-level. also Stealth-Fighters and Stealth-strikers. it frequently happens, that they patrol near a unit (SAM/Radar) that can NOT spot stealth (level to low). after a while my unit gets destroyed. Just this moment i had this situation ... my drone stalked a SAM-Stack of 1 SAM, 1 TDS (both level 3). The stack did not move, my drone did NOT chance the patrol-point. for 1-2 hours everything was perfect - then suddenly the SAM/TDS destroyed my drone. How is THIS possible???

Thanks!
    • DerIrrePolterer wrote:

Hello everyone,

i have Drones on max-level. also Stealth-Fighters and Stealth-strikers. it frequently happens, that they patrol near a unit (SAM/Radar) that can NOT spot stealth (level to low). after a while my unit gets destroyed. Just this moment i had this situation ... my drone stalked a SAM-Stack of 1 SAM, 1 TDS (both level 3). The stack did not move, my drone did NOT chance the patrol-point. for 1-2 hours everything was perfect - then suddenly the SAM/TDS destroyed my drone. How is THIS possible???

Thanks!
      Did your enemy move a high level mobile radar (any unit wich can spot stealth units in general) close to your UAV?
    • DerIrrePolterer wrote:

_dany20_ wrote:

Did your enemy move a high level mobile radar (any unit wich can spot stealth units in general) close to your UAV?
      i know which units can detect stealth ... :) thats the reason why i wrote: "they patrol near a unit (SAM/Radar) that can NOT spot stealth (level to low)"
      -> there was nothing near, that could have spotted them !!! thats why i ask.
      Have you been online to check if he moved any other units in or upgraded his SAM or TDS? TDS have stealth detection at lvl 4.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

DerIrrePolterer wrote:

_dany20_ wrote:

i know which units can detect stealth ... :) thats the reason why i wrote: "they patrol near a unit (SAM/Radar) that can NOT spot stealth (level to low)"-> there was nothing near, that could have spotted them !!! thats why i ask.
      Have you been online to check if he moved any other units in or upgraded his SAM or TDS? TDS have stealth detection at lvl 4.
      sorry, but again -> I wrote: "they patrol near a unit (SAM/Radar) that can NOT spot stealth (level to low)"
      does anyone read what i write? ;)
      yes - i was online. no, there was no unit that could detect stealth, no - it was not upgraded, moved in or something similar.
      the drone was flying over the stack and patroled. for 1,5h. Then, the SAM/TDS shot it down. both where level 4 !!!
    • DerIrrePolterer wrote:

Jemandanderes wrote:

DerIrrePolterer wrote:

_dany20_ wrote:

i know which units can detect stealth ... :) thats the reason why i wrote: "they patrol near a unit (SAM/Radar) that can NOT spot stealth (level to low)"-> there was nothing near, that could have spotted them !!! thats why i ask.
      sorry, but again -> I wrote: "they patrol near a unit (SAM/Radar) that can NOT spot stealth (level to low)"does anyone read what i write? ;)
      yes - i was online. no, there was no unit that could detect stealth, no - it was not upgraded, moved in or something similar.
      the drone was flying over the stack and patroled. for 1,5h. Then, the SAM/TDS shot it down. both where level 4 !!!
      I also asked if he may upgraded his TDS, because if he did, just one level above level 3 it can detect stealth, so after he had it upgraded, he was able to see you and you couldn't know that he was upgrading it.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • DerIrrePolterer wrote:

i'm sure, that he did not upgrade it. i used another drone a little later and the tds was still lvl4. Just a second ago it happend again. a stack with no AA, only ATs, FiVe, MechInf and Inf ... and they killed my drone. the message said, that THIS stack killed my drone. but there is no AA in it ?!?!

unitlvl from which on it can detect stealth aircraftsightrange
      Sam625
      TDS525
      mobile radar625(in mountains 40)
      Stealth-ASF125
      AWAC632
      fregattes640

Which of these units could have been close enough that it could have seen you and you couldn't have seen it?
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • DerIrrePolterer wrote:

guys ... none of these units ! i checked everything countless times. the only thing that could have detected me where radar/sam/tds/awacs. no awacs there, no tds there, no sam there. IF there had been a stealthed drone, i would have spotted it to, didn't i?
      Drones don't spot stealth aircraft (ASF=Air Superiority Fighter). So as long as you didn't have any own unit of these in range, he could have spotted you with Stealth Air Superior Fighters.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • DerIrrePolterer wrote:

i'm sure, that he did not upgrade it. i used another drone a little later and the tds was still lvl4. Just a second ago it happend again. a stack with no AA, only ATs, FiVe, MechInf and Inf ... and they killed my drone. the message said, that THIS stack killed my drone. but there is no AA in it ?!?!
      Have you considered the possability you are attacking these units with your drones?
      Maxed level drones, do rather high damage to infantry units, but have very low hitpoints, if you are attacking units, the stealth feature is disabled and they will still take damage.

Also the possability they have Stealth Fighters in the area which will spot stealth drones, does the enemy have level 5 airfields? If so id suggest you strike these airfield with cruise missiles. I forget if SAS and Recon spot drones, i seem to recall using one or the other to counter drones... maybe the recon units.

End of the day, drones are rather worthless investments in a war setting, while they give you great informantion, they are expensive, expendable and require massive investment into research without much capability. They are used so extensively in the real world because they are cheap, and sustain a non aggressive pact. But because the way the AA operates in conflict of nations, there is no overwhelming AA, because every target in AOE takes equal max damage and then in offensive attacks, you take defensive damage. This can't really be changed without strike aircraft dominating the game.

I suggest you look at helicopters, they are much more effective then drones. Drones are just trash,
    • ewac123 wrote:

High level mobile radar within 200 kilometers?
      Look, all stealth is only detected in sightrange, radar range doesn't matter for that (except the stealth unit has a radar signature, which most of them don't).
      I made a grid for that, look at their sightrange there.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres

The post was edited 1 time, last by jemandanderes ().