Transport ships

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Transport ships

As i understand from reading the forums, transport ships have 12hp but
      when troops are disembarking they take on the hp of the transported
      units. I sent some SFs to attack the stack that was disembarking
      (showing it had zero att / zero defence). The amount of dmg done on the
      stack was equivalent to the naval attack of my SFs. So the Hp of the
      stack is treated as the units it is carrying yet the dmg i am doing is
      as if it was a ship?

Surely it should be treated either as a ship with hp to reflect that or
      as the ground stack (but with no att / def to represent its change in
      status whilst unloading) and my SFs should do dmg as if it were a ground
      stack?

sexchat.bar/ - Awesome sx chat for girls on web cam. Live sx will delight you every day in video chat Bongacams. Free sx cam with hony women online. Top sx cams ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by rothayato ().

• To the disembarking point, when they change from ship to ground troop, you take their current hp and divide it by their current max hp, after that you multiply with their future max hp and you have their future hp, which now is their current hp.
      So if I would take lvl1 infantry which has 15 maxhp on ground, but has only 10 hp left, when they get into a ship they would have 10hp/15*12 =120hp/15 = 8hp in a ship.
      If the infantry would now get hit by a corvette lvl1 once, it would lose 5 hp, so it has 8hp-5hp = 3hp.
      If it now disembarks, it has 3hp/12*15 = 45hp/12 = 15/4= 3,75hp.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

To the disembarking point, when they change from ship to ground troop, you take their current hp and divide it by their current max hp, after that you multiply with their future max hp and you have their future hp, which now is their current hp.
      So if I would take lvl1 infantry which has 15 maxhp on ground, but has only 10 hp left, when they get into a ship they would have 10hp/15*12 =120hp/15 = 8hp in a ship.
      If the infantry would now get hit by a corvette lvl1 once, it would lose 5 hp, so it has 8hp-5hp = 3hp.
      Don't you mean if it now disembarks, it will now have 3hp/12*15 = 45hp/12 = 15/4= 3.75hp. ;)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Jemandanderes wrote:

To the disembarking point, when they change from ship to ground troop, you take their current hp and divide it by their current max hp, after that you multiply with their future max hp and you have their future hp, which now is their current hp.
      Don't you mean if it now disembarks, it will now have 3hp/12*15 = 45hp/12 = 15/4= 3.75hp. ;)
      That's exactly the equation I have written, or are you just checking if I'm right?
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Jemandanderes wrote:

That's exactly the equation I have written, or are you just checking if I'm right?
      He's being Imperial again. Why can't Americans just join the world in using the same system? Then we could avoid a Metric ton of problems
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • If you are disembarking, as far as i know, once the timer starts counting down you are still unseen and act like a naval unit.
      If you cancel the command, while disembarking, the unit reverts to a land unit, war is declared and resulting naval damage is very low and your AA begins working against offensive aircraft.

Of course the damage calculation is not that simple, i have sent 5 maxed attack submarines and they have failed to sink transports in deep water despite having 2/3 times the attack compared to the hp of the unit.

Likewise i have sent fighter aircraft attacking tanks on water and had them disembark extremely damaged despite minimal damage to naval transport. Of course i have played this game from since before you had to annex cities to produce units.

All i know, is when i want to stop someone disembarking, i ram naval vessels into the docks and intital close quarters combat. Unless its an enemy city, they have no way to escape and while it may tie up your vessel for days, dealing minimal land damage a day, causing massive damage to cities from constant attacks. You will stop the city changing hands and losing everything instantly.
    • Well, there just was an update which made you declaring war right when you gave order to go somewhere and you need to disembark on enemy territory on the path. So you can first give order to go close to the shore, but as soon as you are disembarking you declare war. (look here: GAME UPDATE (210126) )
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

Ah, that's why he did that. DoD, I get that you use the imperial system, but can't you just let others use what they want to use?
      Leaping Lizards Jem-Dude!

It was a joke based on our past conversations. Sheesh!
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Sidellan wrote:

I face at the moment the problem, that ground units are "ground units on sea". Meaning full hitpoints and defending against air strikes with their full defense power like on land! They are also shown as tank on the sea.
      Ummm, tanks have NO air defense.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Sidellan wrote:

I face at the moment the problem, that ground units are "ground units on sea". Meaning full hitpoints and defending against air strikes with their full defense power like on land! They are also shown as tank on the sea.
      Ummm, tanks have NO air defense.
      See here the "live picture". See also off and def values...
      directupload.net/file/d/6092/vfotozmh_jpg.htm