Confusion between "Armored Division" and Tank division in french version

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Confusion between "Armored Division" and Tank division in french version

Hi, all.

I speak english and french.
      I recently switched from english to french game version, and found an error. A division with an MBT usually is called a "tank division". However, in french, it is called "Division Blindé". This means armored division. This normally wouldn't be a problem, however, my opponent has Armored fighting vehicles as well. I could switch back to english game mode, but I just want to make the game a little better for french players. This is a small error, however, a tank and an AFV are very different in this game...
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

Hi, all.

I speak english and french.
      I recently switched from english to french game version, and found an error. A division with an MBT usually is called a "tank division". However, in french, it is called "Division Blindé". This means armored division. This normally wouldn't be a problem, however, my opponent has Armored fighting vehicles as well. I could switch back to english game mode, but I just want to make the game a little better for french players. This is a small error, however, a tank and an AFV are very different in this game...
      I would also wish to at least have a list to be able to not say my translations but the real English words so there is no way of getting me wrong. Maybe we should do a thread about that.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres