games for tried and trusted players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• games for tried and trusted players

Hi.
      I was reading a few pages on the forum lamenting the lack of some tactics which would really add dimension to the game, such as resource trade, territory trade etc.
      Now, I'm sure that the mention of these makes many of you want to instantly respond "ABUSERS AND CHEATERS".

And you're right. But I'm kind of tired of having my gameplay curtailed by restrictions to the effects of users who are not playing the way they are supposed to.

Even worse, in-actives have played a decisive role in most of my matches. The nation surrounded by inactive countries gets to form a mighty military quickly and it becomes hard to catch up.
      No, the solution is not buffing up insurgents to slow down snow-ballers. That turns the game into an annoying PVE.

So I was wondering if there is a "trustworthy" game mode where players have to show that they intend to play the entire thing out no matter what happens, and those who turn out to be lying simply get banned from that "trustworthy" mode. It can also have a minimum rank requirements.

Not only would that remove the decisive nature of "who did the inactive noob spawn near", that allows the devs to explore features in a setting safer from abuse.

To my knowledge, alliance games are team matches, so that's not quite the FFA I'm looking for.
    • I think it's just too easy to get a higher rank if you want to, since you can join I think 25 games total. Of course rank 3 or something like that as a requirement is very low, so maybe change that to like rank 10 and require people to be at least rank 5 to get into more than 3 games or something similar. Somehow it feels like newbies join many games because they can't do anything in their current games anymore (you know, have to wait for time to pass to do stuff there).
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • "Penalize leavers"
      As if Real life doesn't exist.
      This should not happen, we all have trouble, in our jobs and/or lives.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Ok, let me be clear. I mean the presence of a TYPE of game such that:

1) this type is only for high ranks
      2) this type is only initiated infrequently
      3) potentially, if you leave this type, you are temporarily not allowed to join other games of this same type.

This addresses several issues:
      -new players can't even join
      -We all have real life. But this is a proposed type of game mode that requires commitment. When I start some games I'd like to know I can pour hours strategizing without ending up sweeping endless recons from AI cities. Not sure you can make it? Don't join! The regular games are still there.