New Addition: State Sponsored Terrorism/Unknown attacks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Addition: State Sponsored Terrorism/Unknown attacks

Hi, all.
      I have a new addition: State Sponsored Terrorism.
      This goes on top of the espionage function that already exists.
      Countries should be able to mobilize Terrorist groups and send them to attack, but when the terrorists attack they do not reveal the country that is sponsoring them.
      Countries should also be able to create terrorist groups, and in the news, it should be like this:
      A terrorist group called :"<Name>" has been formed.
      And all terrorists created by that nation will take the name of the terrorist group. Any thoughts?
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • In blood and oil games, I have a really good trick that I used to win.
      Let's say my coalition has western europe, and we have an eastern european rival.
      I use my SAS forces to travel undetected, then destroy grounded aircraft, then helicopter my SAS outta there.
      The eastern european guy doesn't know what happened, assumes new caliphate did it, and we sign peace.
      I destroyed 5 grounded planes from croatia and 4 bombers from Hungary.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

In blood and oil games, I have a really good trick that I used to win.
      Let's say my coalition has western europe, and we have an eastern european rival.
      I use my SAS forces to travel undetected, then destroy grounded aircraft, then helicopter my SAS outta there.
      The eastern european guy doesn't know what happened, assumes new caliphate did it, and we sign peace.
      I destroyed 5 grounded planes from croatia and 4 bombers from Hungary.
      You worry about aircrafts? You are not using SAM? SAM is very efficient against aircraft. Of course taking his aircraft out is still good, but if you can, you should rather take out support troops.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • ewac123 wrote:

Hi, all.
      I have a new addition: State Sponsored Terrorism.
      This goes on top of the espionage function that already exists.
      Countries should be able to mobilize Terrorist groups and send them to attack, but when the terrorists attack they do not reveal the country that is sponsoring them.
      Countries should also be able to create terrorist groups, and in the news, it should be like this:
      A terrorist group called :"<Name>" has been formed.
      And all terrorists created by that nation will take the name of the terrorist group. Any thoughts?I
      I am a big fan of this idea. I do not know if this fits in with the developer's idea of what the game should be, but it would certainly add to the in-game politics a bit, and be a good way to add in a tool to cause disturbances for your enemy. They should only be as strong as national guards (if not weaker).
    • I love special forces, but I usually don't have the "research time" till past game day 50 to do them. Like amphibious armor is linked to AFV's, I think SpecFor should be linked off of Airborne Inf. 2 years ago, I had a game where I had special forces check out a ground radar contact in Europe, turned out to be a ballistic missile launcher, and I killed it and jumped them out. It's always fun to have some SpecFor near the front.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -