Question about CON business news

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Question about CON business news

Hey everyone! I have been trying to develop strategies to overcome my opponents and plan for the future better. One of the strategies I am trying to develop is understanding what is going on in a country so I can plan an invasion better, or plan my defense better. One of the features I like is CON is the newspaper, which gives some very good insight into what is occurring around the world. But I've run into a hiccup. Once every three days (I think?) a "World's Largest Economies" article is published, which details daily resource production in units and lists the strongest economies. How is this calculated? And How can I use this to better myself?
      My original thinking was that I could figure out the percentage change from the previous article, (for example, China is up 13% from last week, compared to me being up 10% from last week, which means China is gaining more troops overtime than me), but was not entirely sure if my math was accurate because I don't know how it's calculated. Is it just the total troops created from the last time an article was published? Or yesterday's total troop production? My friends and I are very competitive and like to do the math to figure out who is ahead. We also want to graph it over time and list historic events that change the outcome of troop production. Thanks :thumbsup:
    • Teburu wrote:

largest economy just takes all the ressources you produce and adds it up; doesnt even subtract upkeep from it
      and just looking at what buildings they have is already a fairly easy way to assess the threat somebody poses
      Okay, thank you. So that includes supplies, electronics, gasoline, etc.? I am mostly doing this to compare their growth from the previous times we get the article. We bombed the UK and figured out that his total recourse production was 8% lower than it was since the last time we calculated it using the article. This is part strategy, and part creative endeavor so we can graph it for fun.
    • StopThereCowboy wrote:

Teburu wrote:

largest economy just takes all the ressources you produce and adds it up; doesnt even subtract upkeep from it
      and just looking at what buildings they have is already a fairly easy way to assess the threat somebody poses
      Okay, thank you. So that includes supplies, electronics, gasoline, etc.?
      Yes
      But imo casualties are a more useful and direct way of telling how dangerous an enemy is (apart from buildings like Teb said)
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • 737373elj wrote:

StopThereCowboy wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Okay, thank you. So that includes supplies, electronics, gasoline, etc.?
      YesBut imo casualties are a more useful and direct way of telling how dangerous an enemy is (apart from buildings like Teb said)
      Did not even think of that. That is a good idea, thank you.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Be careful with casualties, you can have a lot of casualties without losing troops, if you use a lot of infantry because they have a lot of manpower per unit
      Had economy units lost in mind.
      Good point though
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?