Moving up the ranks in CoN game(not the forum)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

CoN is a WAR game, therefore, only the military score is "correct", the other one is just how well you play Sim City/Civilization while you are wargaming.
      A strong economy is needed to run a war. Hell the USA for now has the top “economy” and “military” score. Coincidence? I think not. :D (USA spends more money than the top 7 military powers combined, and 4 of those are strong allies.)
      Find me a country that does well over periods of time with just a strong military and no funding or economy to back it… they don’t exist, and when they do, it’s certainly not for long .

Now if you wanna gripe at how we have to play sim city every match just to get to fun stuff, I can fully back that.
      You confuse a game with reality. Describing the real world can in no way change the validity of what I said. Think about it, you are arguing about real life, which has no supporting influence on the reality of the game of CoN, they are seperate. Could you argue about X, have the Devs look at X and then change X? sure it's possible, but there is no in the moment influence of life on the reality of a CoN game. I have disposed of the first attempt your rebuttal.

I do not need to find such a country. I am not in control of the real world. I AM in control of my CoN games, or at least mostly (psst, sometimes there is nobody behind the wheel)

Ummmm, no, I was making a point it's barely a part of the game unless you make one, hence the descriptor of it as another game.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

CoN is a WAR game, therefore, only the military score is "correct", the other one is just how well you play Sim City/Civilization while you are wargaming.
      A strong economy is needed to run a war. Hell the USA for now has the top “economy” and “military” score. Coincidence? I think not. :D (USA spends more money than the top 7 military powers combined, and 4 of those are strong allies.)
      Find me a country that does well over periods of time with just a strong military and no funding or economy to back it… they don’t exist, and when they do, it’s certainly not for long .

Now if you wanna gripe at how we have to play sim city every match just to get to fun stuff, I can fully back that.
      You confuse a game with reality. Describing the real world can in no way change the validity of what I said. Think about it, you are arguing about real life, which has no supporting influence on the reality of the game of CoN, they are seperate. Could you argue about X, have the Devs look at X and then change X? sure it's possible, but there is no in the moment influence of life on the reality of a CoN game. I have disposed of the first attempt your rebuttal.
      I do not need to find such a country. I am not in control of the real world. I AM in control of my CoN games, or at least mostly (psst, sometimes there is nobody behind the wheel)

Ummmm, no, I was making a point it's barely a part of the game unless you make one, hence the descriptor of it as another game.
      okay but the entire game lore is literally derived from real life. The units, the classifications etc. If this were a fantasy game I would agree. But this is meant to simulate real world war. Part of that is absolutely economy if you want to be remotely realistic.

I may not like the sim city aspect myself but, I cannot be surprised that they derived economy from real life when the rest of the game also follows that pattern.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • I mean, if they really want to make it real life, they need to add:
      • Supply lines
      • More comprehensive AI
      • Better diplomacy
      • A whole bunch of new type of units for different countries, like for example Israeli tech, Indian tech, Japanese tech, Chinese tech, etc.
      • Heck might as well even add sharks while you're at it :rolleyes:
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

I mean, if they really want to make it real life, they need to add:
      • Supply lines
      • More comprehensive AI
      • Better diplomacy
      • A whole bunch of new type of units for different countries, like for example Israeli tech, Indian tech, Japanese tech, Chinese tech, etc.
      • Heck might as well even add sharks while you're at it :rolleyes:

Yes. It either has to be total realism, or nothing. If they are going to make the economic gameplay more realistic, then they also have to make it so that units need to stop for toilet breaks. You can't have one without the other.

On the other hand, if they aren't going to make the game completely true to life in every aspect, then they need to rename all the different units after chess pieces.
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

You confuse a game with reality. Describing the real world can in no way change the validity of what I said. Think about it, you are arguing about real life, which has no supporting influence on the reality of the game of CoN, they are seperate. Could you argue about X, have the Devs look at X and then change X? sure it's possible, but there is no in the moment influence of life on the reality of a CoN game. I have disposed of the first attempt your rebuttal.I do not need to find such a country. I am not in control of the real world. I AM in control of my CoN games, or at least mostly (psst, sometimes there is nobody behind the wheel)

okay but the entire game lore is literally derived from real life. The units, the classifications etc. If this were a fantasy game I would agree. But this is meant to simulate real world war. Part of that is absolutely economy if you want to be remotely realistic.

I may not like the sim city aspect myself but, I cannot be surprised that they derived economy from real life when the rest of the game also follows that pattern.
      No, actually you're wrong. This is not meant to be a simulator. This is a strategy wargame, and tho based off of mostly real things is crafted for balance, progression, and fun. With those factors overriding realism. There is no encumbrance, logistical supply, nor individual unit's fuel or food constraints, because they reduce fun and have no need to be in the game. Your concept of do X because that's how it works in the real life that inspired this game is illogical when the real maxim is Do X because it works best within the framework of the reality of the game.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

There is no encumbrance, logistical supply, nor individual unit's fuel or food constraints, because they reduce fun

I agree with almost all of your post, but actually not this bit. I think that if supply lines were included in the game, it could be a fun element - not because managing logistics is fun in itself, but because having resources, depots and supply convoys physically represented on the map would give players the chance to attack them, adding an extra strategic aspect to the warfare.

But, I do accept that this isn't really what CoN is about. If Dorado or some other Bytro development team ever decided to make a CoN-like game but with more detailed logistics, I'd be up for playing it.
    • WalterChang wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

There is no encumbrance, logistical supply, nor individual unit's fuel or food constraints, because they reduce fun
      I agree with almost all of your post, but actually not this bit. I think that if supply lines were included in the game, it could be a fun element - not because managing logistics is fun in itself, but because having resources, depots and supply convoys physically represented on the map would give players the chance to attack them, adding an extra strategic aspect to the warfare.

But, I do accept that this isn't really what CoN is about. If Dorado or some other Bytro development team ever decided to make a CoN-like game but with more detailed logistics, I'd be up for playing it.
      Same. Maybe a game set in Ancient Times? I can already imagine falling upon an invader’s baggage wagons :D

Maybe you can set each individual army with a battle tactic such as double envelopment, which is contrasted with the enemy tactic and calculated into army composition, much like fire control settings…
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.