Wyh do tanks need so much electronics?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wyh do tanks need so much electronics?

Hi,

I understand that today electronics i an important part of every vehicle. But in this war simulation we have units that overcome this and can be build without electronics. Like AAGUNs and recon tanks.

So question is: Whats in the developers mind makes the difference between recon and tank destroyer to the need so much electronics?

Wouldnt it e better to mix is and have like 50% less electronics but increase to demand of supplys? Maybe even skip electronic demand for melee units and just have electronics for the High Tech toys?
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • I don't "know", but I would suspect that it has to do with the designer's concept of balance. Balance, a small part into ensuring a diversity of units in gameplay, but chiefly into ensuring resources remain scarce, AND thereby increasing the likelihood that someone would be more inclined to buy gold to address that. I'm sure they have extensively modelled the costs in resources to achieve that.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • It's obvious that recon is good as early game unit and latter on only as scout. Other than that there's no use. Close to trash unit even in mid game especially in world scenario.
      To give that unit electrics requirement would kill it completely.
      The pattern is, more trashy unit usually first on the list to choose, less resource requirements. They need first two basic resources.
      The only exception is towed arty. It's the worst arty unit but for some reason need electronics.

There's bigger problem regarding resources. Oil. Completely screwed. You need it only to build buildings. I always have so many of oil. It's on the market and nobody is buying it the whole game.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

It's obvious that recon is good as early game unit and latter on only as scout. Other than that there's no use. Close to trash unit even in mid game especially in world scenario.
      To give that unit electrics requirement would kill it completely.
      The pattern is, more trashy unit usually first on the list to choose, less resource requirements. They need first two basic resources.
      The only exception is towed arty. It's the worst arty unit but for some reason need electronics.

There's bigger problem regarding resources. Oil. Completely screwed. You need it only to build buildings. I always have so many of oil. It's on the market and nobody is buying it the whole game.
      AND Manpower, usually by end game, I have 100,000 troops back at the barracks watching XXX flicks, drinking beer, playing cards and jacking it. And I imagine some of them go swimming in the pools filled with fuel.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Yep, I have stopped to build any local industry on fuel-areas because I don t need it. At the beginning selling fuel as much as possible gives you a boost in cash and you can buy useful ressources to overwhelm your neighbours with military power. That solves any potential fuel shortage.

PS: The real question should be: Why does anyone build tanks at all?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sidellan ().

• few weeks ago, i finished mongolian ww3 map. i started ww3 game in middle december, i putting mongolia to ai mode on, several weeks later, i open map and i saw mongolia has no attack by other players, ai using all manpower resource to shortcut mode, huh? and ai has created dozens motor infantry tier 2, recon unit max tier and IFV lvl 3, but he not created any support, aircraft unit or even naval ship too.

now i know, how annihilated to ai nations. THIS I LIKED IT.

ai weak point has founded it.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • 737373elj wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

forum.conflictnations.com/inde…42a6616e7243cef8b6ec08eac
      Flashpoint, Day 47, total fuel production 6381, 121 units
      Albeit this is an exception
      Had been producing a lot more units than normal
      How did you manage to play Flashpoint map for 47 days? You didn't expand?
      I always finish it before 30 days and it's decided between 15th and 20th game day.

Anyway regarding fuel, I assume it is some kind of barrier for creating too many certain units like mbt and other armor or ships.
      But if you regularly expand (and don't use nukes or been nuked) you'll have abundance of fuel.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

forum.conflictnations.com/inde…42a6616e7243cef8b6ec08eacFlashpoint, Day 47, total fuel production 6381, 121 units
      How did you manage to play Flashpoint map for 47 days? You didn't expand?I always finish it before 30 days and it's decided between 15th and 20th game day.

Anyway regarding fuel, I assume it is some kind of barrier for creating too many certain units like mbt and other armor or ships.
      But if you regularly expand (and don't use nukes or been nuked) you'll have abundance of fuel.
      You must not be aware of 737373elj's strategy... he focuses more on the economics side than the unit-building aspect.
      "Dealer of Death has counted to infinity... twice"
      -Kurtvonstein
    • Zemunelo wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

forum.conflictnations.com/inde…42a6616e7243cef8b6ec08eacFlashpoint, Day 47, total fuel production 6381, 121 units
      How did you manage to play Flashpoint map for 47 days? You didn't expand?I always finish it before 30 days and it's decided between 15th and 20th game day.

Took over on Day 5, was inactive for 10 days after that because life

Second Cannae wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

forum.conflictnations.com/inde…42a6616e7243cef8b6ec08eacFlashpoint, Day 47, total fuel production 6381, 121 unitsAlbeit this is an exception
      You must not be aware of 737373elj's strategy... he focuses more on the economics side than the unit-building aspect.
      Yes, don’t copy XD
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?