A Square Deal We So Deserve

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Square Deal We So Deserve

In CON, there are certainly some ideas that would be awesome to see, and I am sure the developers would like to implement them. That being said, I do not know how realistic this is, but could make the game feel a lot more "in your control" if this is possible.

In the diplomacy tab, there should be a way to trade cities, provinces, and recourses. There have been times where my coalition, acquaintances, or I will miscommunicate, and we end up taking a city or province we didn't mean to. Provinces are not a big deal, but sometimes, cities can be. Leaving a coalition just to take a city and rejoining is a hassle and not worth the time. Being able to trade land between nations could make for some more in-depth politics, and make strategy feel more accessible as you work with your team more fluently. Moreover, it could lead to players in-game demanding cities and land, or the opposing side feels the wrath of a military, which could lead to some interesting situations. It would encourage players to talk with one another in different ways and add a new depth to the idea of politics in-game. News articles reading "X-country has relinquished land to Y-country" would also be visible, and the article would name every province or city traded between the two nations.

Another suggestion building off of what I said above is that there should be a limit to how much land/cities you can trade at any given time. If Russia decides to just relinquish all their land to some random country, it could make for some very unfair advantages. A fix to this is that once every day a country can trade X amount of land or city to a singular country and no more than that.
    • StopThereCowboy wrote:

In CON, there are certainly some ideas that would be awesome to see, and I am sure the developers would like to implement them. That being said, I do not know how realistic this is, but could make the game feel a lot more "in your control" if this is possible.

In the diplomacy tab, there should be a way to trade cities, provinces, and recourses. There have been times where my coalition, acquaintances, or I will miscommunicate, and we end up taking a city or province we didn't mean to. Provinces are not a big deal, but sometimes, cities can be. Leaving a coalition just to take a city and rejoining is a hassle and not worth the time. Being able to trade land between nations could make for some more in-depth politics, and make strategy feel more accessible as you work with your team more fluently. Moreover, it could lead to players in-game demanding cities and land, or the opposing side feels the wrath of a military, which could lead to some interesting situations. It would encourage players to talk with one another in different ways and add a new depth to the idea of politics in-game. News articles reading "X-country has relinquished land to Y-country" would also be visible, and the article would name every province or city traded between the two nations.

Another suggestion building off of what I said above is that there should be a limit to how much land/cities you can trade at any given time. If Russia decides to just relinquish all their land to some random country, it could make for some very unfair advantages. A fix to this is that once every day a country can trade X amount of land or city to a singular country and no more than that.

I just guessed
      This time, you guessed wrong. It has been proposed and shot down. Too much potential for abuse.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

StopThereCowboy wrote:

I just guessed
      This time, you guessed wrong. It has been proposed and shot down. Too much potential for abuse.
      Probably for the better than.