CHALLENGE: See if you can recreate this bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CHALLENGE: See if you can recreate this bug

This "bug" I call: The Aircraft/Airfield Infinite Refuel Bug.

The aircraft/airfield split infinite refuel bug is when you have air units (usually 5 or more) based out of an airfield, and you split them up to do separate missions rather than a 5 stack, sometimes when they get back, one set of them will get stuck in an infinite refuel. It's obvious as the plane icon will not be angled like other refueling aircraft, but pointed directly down and it will be positioned above the airfield no matter what direction it came in from. If you move your cursor over it, you will get the "Refueling for 15 minutes" that ISN'T counting down. Usually it will stay that way for about 10-30 minutes before it fixes itself, adopts a normal angled view AND then begins starting the countdown from 15 minutes.

At first I thought maybe this was intentional as perhaps airfields aren't supposed to be able to refuel multiple groups at the same time, but no, I have many times refueled 3 five stacks at the same time, it only happens when I split stacks.

Now I don't know how many planes are required but the last time I had it happen to me I had originally 2 five stacks there, 1 I kept intact, the other I split into two 2 groups and a single SF
      Only happens at airfields not airbases
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • And yes, technically I realize it is not an infinite refuel. It always seems to eventually correct itself, but you lose time which can be critical at certain points.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Received the bug once before when I was playing Rising Tides Madagascar, my 5 max level Strike Fighters had just returned from a sortie and were based out of a lv. 3 Air Base in Antananarivo. Submitted the bug report but issue seemed to have resolved itself by the time the devs got to it. I never tried recreating it.
      So

Dealer of Death wrote:

have air units (usually 5 or more)
      Yep

Dealer of Death wrote:

based out of an airfield
      Nope

Dealer of Death wrote:

split them up to do separate missions rather than a 5 stack
      Nope
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • @737373elj Hmmm interesting, ... it happened to you out of an airbase with non split stacks.

This "bug" has happened to me 4 total times, and it has always been at an airfield with a split stack returning.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• It happened to me AGAIN, but this time, like with 737373's incidence, it involved an airbase and no split sorties!!!
      -
      error44.jpg
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Second time this game. This is getting ridiculous, it is happening more and more.

error3b.jpg
      And I have no idea why these units have a "travel" and "arrival" time since they are sitting at the airfield with no orders.
      The KING of CoN News!!!