What would you say is the best ground unit? And why?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • HATMAKER wrote:

      I think that's an interesting question. But I think the only accurate answer is not an answer at all.
      Let me explain my rational:

      Modern warfare relies on combined arms tactics and CON is true to this as well. This means that no individual unit type is greater than the sum of the entire battle groups parts. One unit type will always rely on another for its completion of the objective.

      Example:
      Artillery is only effective when supported by combined Inf. and armor to provide blocking groups and A.A. to create a safe envelope of airspace protecting said ground units.

      That being said, Spec ops are very effective in limited rolls. But for my money Combined battle groups where all units have air-assault capability are very hard deal with for any defender.
      I think combined arms is a tactic so basic that it needs no explanation here. And my ASF have yet to have been fed as tasty of a treat as and all air-assault army.
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • MicahWill wrote:

      I think combined arms is a tactic so basic that it needs no explanation here
      Yet the question was asked by the OP. And obviously not everyone has a working knowledge of CAT as evident of all new players, big cheese.


      MicahWill wrote:

      And my ASF have yet to have been fed as tasty of a treat as and all air-assault army.
      No tactic is full proof of course, but you make wild assumptions thinking Id be all willy neilly and feed anything to your ASF.
      Those who would sacrifice their liberty for security deserve neither.


      I am not a maker of hats but a harbinger of doom
    • crazystoner wrote:

      MicahWill wrote:

      Also, what spec ops has a 200 attack rating? Do you have 15 maxed out spec ops stacked together? lol
      Ones with a maxed out special force commander :) giving them huge offensive and defensive bonuses.
      I mean if you want to be even crazyer, you can stack 4 SAS with 4 Naval and both Infantry commander and SF commander.
      But then you loss the whole "stealth" and need some AA support. But you'll have massive speed, offensive numbers and a small radar.

      That been said, you can push numbers up to 15-20 and still have decent movement speed, use mechanized infantry instead of naval.
      Only really nuclear cruise missiles that can stop you at that stage, sure you can kite and use artillery but the damage is minimal with all the supporting AA units. I mean even a infantry unit with 9 Mortor infantry are lethal, with that mortor range, high speed and 50-70ish damage?

      Better yet you don't show up on AWAC radar.
      Tho id like to get SC access and try some seasonal unit combinations, those eastern? elite tanks are lethal with their antiair def.
      Love to see what kind of damage a tank commanded unit can produce with commander, elite tanks, tanks, railguns. Hopefully since i have got the points in each season to unlock them all, i just need to purchase SC to access them all. But your hitpoints, damage and stack could be unparalleled!

      The truly most fearful of all the Elite Tanks is the Seasonal European Tank "Black Knight", it's a tank that has built in anti air and anti missile defenses but it's also still a tank with great infantry and armor damage plus once upgraded it gives itself a power boost. I think if you combined 8 Black Knights,a Tank Officer and Infantry Officer you'd have a mobile doomsday stack that nothing short of ICBMs would stop you from how much power boost and speed it would have. The Elite Eastern Tank "Black Eagle" I would believe counters everything on the ground with it's massive damage to infantry and armor plus speed but it sadly dies horribly to cruise missiles with it's weak anti missile defense
    • CipherStriker4 wrote:

      The truly most fearful of all the Elite Tanks is the Seasonal European Tank "Black Knight", it's a tank that has built in anti air and anti missile defenses but it's also still a tank with great infantry and armor damage plus once upgraded it gives itself a power boost. I think if you combined 8 Black Knights,a Tank Officer and Infantry Officer you'd have a mobile doomsday stack that nothing short of ICBMs would stop you from how much power boost and speed it would have. The Elite Eastern Tank "Black Eagle" I would believe counters everything on the ground with it's massive damage to infantry and armor plus speed but it sadly dies horribly to cruise missiles with it's weak anti missile defense
      Ahh yes, the Black Knight, i knew one tank was massively superiouir to the other, like mk3 vs mk4.
      I thought there was a hard limit of 3?

      Its one unit i never actually tired, but have come up against them multiple times and they are very deadly and hard to combat. My experiance with tank stacks is they thin out with all the required supportive vehicles in the lategame. Hence with supportive railguns they would be very very hard to combat. Role around with a 17 stack then break off railguns/infantry commander as you go in for the kill with tanks and tank commander, very nice :) Must be pushing like 600+hp in tanks alone ahahaha.
    • The Elite Seasonal Tanks at the first level are a hard cap of 3, fully maxed you can deploy up to 10 of them. The European Elite "Black Knight" I am glad I've never had to fight in game, the stats alone make me even fear to see one considering it's literally a tank with none of the weaknesses of being a tank. I really think they must be sleeper OP just none has been daring enough (or should I say gold enough) to deploy 8 Maxed out "Black Knight" Tanks with Infantry Officer and Tank Officer to support. I guarantee that it's probably horrifying to behold, even if you had artillery you'd probably have to just not sleep at all or else you'll wake up to scrap metal.
    • CipherStriker4 wrote:

      The Elite Seasonal Tanks at the first level are a hard cap of 3, fully maxed you can deploy up to 10 of them. The European Elite "Black Knight" I am glad I've never had to fight in game, the stats alone make me even fear to see one considering it's literally a tank with none of the weaknesses of being a tank. I really think they must be sleeper OP just none has been daring enough (or should I say gold enough) to deploy 8 Maxed out "Black Knight" Tanks with Infantry Officer and Tank Officer to support. I guarantee that it's probably horrifying to behold, even if you had artillery you'd probably have to just not sleep at all or else you'll wake up to scrap metal.
      Bad enough when they deploy 3, they do not go down easy ill tell you that. I've never seen them in great numbers either, but any stack of 5-8 tanks just walks through city after city after city. Literally blitzkrieg, where you carve deep lines into enemy terrority, sooner or later you have to make a stand or they have to retreat and capture tiles. But i wouldn't deply a stack of 10, id push it up to 15/20, so as you lose troops in your stack, you just become more efficent, faster and deadlier, instead of bleeding off offensive damage just so you can move a little faster.

      But id have to agree, in terms of the best ground unit, the mk4 Black Knight Elite Seaonal Tank is a MONSTER.
      A Monster you never want to come face to face with literally ever! 10 MRL would feel like a beesting to 10 Elite Tanks with Commanders and Supportive Railguns.
    • crazystoner wrote:

      Special Forces.

      Nothing and i mean nothing will stand up to a 200 atk SF stack.
      Play like a coward all you want with artillery, but SF will have you crying like a baby once you loss your entire stack of 15hp artlillery to stealth infantry. There is a difference between "LOW" and "STEALTH"
      Eastern SF doomstack (with Spec Ops T2 officer) is considered meta, indeed.

      In the right terrain context, it has the damage output of a ICBM, with the catch it ignores entrenchment.

      I understand a bit more your point of view : everything meta is cowardice except if it's a part of the meta you use. Acknowledged.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

      Eastern SF doomstack (with Spec Ops T2 officer) is considered meta, indeed.
      In the right terrain context, it has the damage output of a ICBM, with the catch it ignores entrenchment.

      I understand a bit more your point of view : everything meta is cowardice except if it's a part of the meta you use. Acknowledged.
      Its cowardice because your killing civilians.

      As for a meta, the meta is infantry engagements, you can't build the same units in Russia as you would Brazil.
      I mean Russia for example, massing National Guards and Fighter Planes just dominates the game with share numbers because its such a large economy that can expand very rapidly. For every 1 infantry Ukraine makes, you can make 6 National Guards.

      Biggest starting economy, most starting units massing what? 20+ National Guards per day? By day 3 he has 5 fighter planes supporting offensive actions of his two 10 stacks of starting infantry, another 40 national guard in reserve. Your trying to claim something is meta, when its invovled in a single battle late in the game. Thats without gold, add gold and what ever you mass is meta ahahah.

      By time you make your first MRL on day 10, there are 25 fighterplanes overhead with cruise missiles while National Guard units are screaming across Europe, Middle East, Asia and landing in Africa and Americas.

      Id like to know which country MRL are meta in.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by crazystoner ().

    • Opulon wrote:



      Now, K/D is useless, but some people do like to do 15-20 K/D in public games and then have a normal K/D in challenges against good players. Ultimately it gets them to a nice and shiny 10 K/D.

      Still doesn't impress the ladies but hey, internet points.

      I would not say, it is useless. It is pretty much the most usefull stat this game offers. Rank for sure is much more useless for example. :D

      Of course K/D-rate does not necessarily tell you, if somebody plays good or pays good, but if you meet a rank 50 who lost against players more units than he killed himself, you will likely have an easy game with him. :)
    • crazystoner wrote:

      Opulon wrote:

      Eastern SF doomstack (with Spec Ops T2 officer) is considered meta, indeed.
      In the right terrain context, it has the damage output of a ICBM, with the catch it ignores entrenchment.

      I understand a bit more your point of view : everything meta is cowardice except if it's a part of the meta you use. Acknowledged.
      Its cowardice because your killing civilians.
      As for a meta, the meta is infantry engagements, you can't build the same units in Russia as you would Brazil.
      I mean Russia for example, massing National Guards and Fighter Planes just dominates the game with share numbers because its such a large economy that can expand very rapidly. For every 1 infantry Ukraine makes, you can make 6 National Guards.

      Biggest starting economy, most starting units massing what? 20+ National Guards per day? By day 3 he has 5 fighter planes supporting offensive actions of his two 10 stacks of starting infantry, another 40 national guard in reserve. Your trying to claim something is meta, when its invovled in a single battle late in the game. Thats without gold, add gold and what ever you mass is meta ahahah.

      By time you make your first MRL on day 10, there are 25 fighterplanes overhead with cruise missiles while National Guard units are screaming across Europe, Middle East, Asia and landing in Africa and Americas.

      Id like to know which country MRL are meta in.
      If you consider gold: Nukes are the biggest meta, or just dropping every enemie city to 0% morale, nothing can help against that.
      Including gold as an 'arguement' makes every arguement futile from the start.

      Russia has a huge economy, but it also has many neightbours. China is also a pretty big country by itself. Not to mention how much time your troops need from one end to your country to the other.

      The good thing is, MRL are doctrine independent, though of course continents with a lot of jungle or forests are hardly advantageous. Though you will also have a lot of fun trying to invade Brazil with NGs.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

      If you consider gold: Nukes are the biggest meta, or just dropping every enemie city to 0% morale, nothing can help against that.Including gold as an 'arguement' makes every arguement futile from the start.

      Russia has a huge economy, but it also has many neightbours. China is also a pretty big country by itself. Not to mention how much time your troops need from one end to your country to the other.

      The good thing is, MRL are doctrine independent, though of course continents with a lot of jungle or forests are hardly advantageous. Though you will also have a lot of fun trying to invade Brazil with NGs.
      Don't get me wrong, intercontential nuclear weapons are great, i think the best i struck was 2x 10stacks of maxxed infantry of Peru, invading Russian from the Arctic. But its very hard to time tile attacks on moving targets and attacking cities has massive moral penilties, that lasts for days.

      Brazil like America, just needs a good beach landing, a single city with an airfield and fly in troops and aircraft. NG work by taking every single other tile and avoiding cities, that way if they leave the city you can take it, if they camp a city you can bomb it. Usally a good idea to invest in stealth fighters, to scout cities, river crossings and bait them into fighter vs fighter engagements.

      I tend to agree tho, upgrading infantry quickly is literally one of the best ground units. That increased damage against fighterplanes is painful.That been said, the best starting ground unit, for most nations is the recon unit, start game, build a few army bases, build a few recon units and you will literally dominate most othe players in that early game.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by crazystoner ().

    • And the rest being Jungle.


      I don't like jungle. It's coarse and wet and irritating, and you can't get anywhere.

      The only good thing is you encounter tribes sometimes, and you can kill them all, not only the men, but the women and the children too.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

      And the rest being Jungle.


      I don't like jungle. It's coarse and wet and irritating, and you can't get anywhere.

      The only good thing is you encounter tribes sometimes, and you can kill them all, not only the men, but the women and the children too.
      it really is annoying tho
      arty? nah fuck you provinces too thicc and its all jungle
      helis? lol nice try
      melee?
      LOL[i][b]here is your slow speed in jungle and the speeddebuff on top; oh and dont forget the terrain malus [/b][/i]
      I am the basline for opinions
    • Opulon wrote:

      And the rest being Jungle.


      I don't like jungle. It's coarse and wet and irritating, and you can't get anywhere.

      The only good thing is you encounter tribes sometimes, and you can kill them all, not only the men, but the women and the children too.
      ...They're animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM!!
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth