Strategy Against Ballistic Submarines?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• crazystoner wrote:

Jemandanderes wrote:

Uhm no, they deal 7,5 damage against subs on tier 1, 11 on tier 2 and 15 on tier 3.
      Don't get me wrong, they are fine at what they do, killing submarines, since submarines can't fight back.They are also pretty good early game against frigate rushes, of say Indonesia, but so are any helicopters.

But their limited range, reliance on airfields and the fact cruisers are so deadly renders them rather void, not to mention BSUB's can have 40hitpoints! In the late game, fully upgraded their damage is very low on an upgraded cruiser stack, you'll lose wave after wave of helicopters, worse if a frigate is triggering the AA and its not just point def.

As for carriers, they already have 125 radar range which should be enough to dominate any naval battle.

Id argue for ASW to be usable, you need to be able to operate from other naval vessels like frigates/destoryiers/cruisers.
      But they would offer a sizeable advantage in any and all naval battles so... yeah i dono. All i know is i've used them in great number and they struggle to be of any use without losing huge numbers. There are better counters, but building 1 or 2 might pay off against a bad commander.
      The biggest problem with ASW helicopters is that it has a 400-500 km range and a level 1 BM Sub can fire a missile from 1000 km away.
      You get what I'm saying?
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Fereyd wrote:

First of all, protect your cities. TDS will do the job. Place 2 of them in the cities to make sure you get the Point def shot.

When you have your shield ready, you don´t really need to hunt down the subs becuase they are kindof useless now
      I'm with Fereyd.

When i use nukes, i shoot from afar and move immediately. if you want to chase me, it'll take you quite a fair amount of committed hunting time.

So, the best defense vs nukes launched by subs is to make them useless with TDs / RGs.

Also keep in mind a factor here: we are not talking about defense vs nukes launched by subs, we're talking about defense vs nukes. Because if you focus on defense from nukes launched by subs, and you build your planes / choppers whatever, a second later his ally is using an elite bomber to launch nukes. And your NPPs are suddenly and totally useless. Your TDs / RGs will not be.

Defend your cities first, then kill your enemy. Possibly through the units / strategy plan you already have, without adding more research layers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sgniappo ().

• Great tips! I am currently deploying TDS at least 1 Theatre Defense System in each city since I don't believe they are using any upgraded missiles. Of course I'll keep upgrading the research track because I don't want to be wrong. I do believe that the TDS attacks the missiles twice if in a city, once with the radial fire and then point defense if it gets hit by any of the splash damage. Also apparently TDS always does the damage that it says on the missile defense value? Correct me about any of this if I am wrong. They don't seem to be pursuing any WMDs, there's been no news articles that he has started any of the research for it. He actually drew too much attention himself now all remaining players are targeting him because of the missile threat so it's become a 15 v 4 against his coalition.
    • ewac123 wrote:

Hmm.
      We should add "confusion, being illogical, and insanity" to the list of mutant camel virus symptoms.
      Unfortunately most people on the forum are already like that so we would have a hard time knowing who has the mutant camel virus.
      Really, clearly the problem here is the Bigoted Mutant Camelophobes that want to push their discriminatory ways off on the rest of us normal Mutant Camel accepters.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • CipherStriker4 wrote:

Great tips! I am currently deploying TDS at least 1 Theatre Defense System in each city since I don't believe they are using any upgraded missiles. Of course I'll keep upgrading the research track because I don't want to be wrong. I do believe that the TDS attacks the missiles twice if in a city, once with the radial fire and then point defense if it gets hit by any of the splash damage. Also apparently TDS always does the damage that it says on the missile defense value? Correct me about any of this if I am wrong. They don't seem to be pursuing any WMDs, there's been no news articles that he has started any of the research for it. He actually drew too much attention himself now all remaining players are targeting him because of the missile threat so it's become a 15 v 4 against his coalition.
      Yeah its psychology...No one is going for the honeybadger they kills silently...everybody is going for the big boy with the big guns...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.