Anti aircraft units VS cruise/ballistic missiles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sgniappo wrote:

what's the composition?

Just a thought (or more a question possibly): could you send a ballistic missile, trigger their timer, and then send another one without pointing directly at the unit (no point defense) but ensure it is hit by the splash damage?

p.s. special forces
      I'm sure there is a way. Both TD's and SAMs have a recharge timer when they are spent. If you shoot a missile, wait a minute, and shoot another, that is a minute difference between them. Your second one will go through, and the first most likely will be caught, unless he has two separate groups guarding a spot, which in that case, may take three missiles total to go through. I've run multiple groups of SAMs protecting high interest areas, and it's worked out really well for me. So make sure he doesn't have multiple groups of SAMs first (if possible). Splash damage I think is possible but depends how close his troops are from where you are firing at.
    • Fereyd wrote:

Point defence will Trigger even if the reload Timer ist still ticking.

I suggest Attack Choppers to deal with it...
      But first check if he has Air Supremacy fighters, if he has you should only try using Attack Choppers when he is definitely offline, if you can try figuring out his sleep rhythm.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • StopThereCowboy wrote:

Sgniappo wrote:

what's the composition?

Just a thought (or more a question possibly): could you send a ballistic missile, trigger their timer, and then send another one without pointing directly at the unit (no point defense) but ensure it is hit by the splash damage?

p.s. special forces
      I'm sure there is a way. Both TD's and SAMs have a recharge timer when they are spent. If you shoot a missile, wait a minute, and shoot another, that is a minute difference between them. Your second one will go through, and the first most likely will be caught, unless he has two separate groups guarding a spot, which in that case, may take three missiles total to go through. I've run multiple groups of SAMs protecting high interest areas, and it's worked out really well for me. So make sure he doesn't have multiple groups of SAMs first (if possible). Splash damage I think is possible but depends how close his troops are from where you are firing at.
      Point defense also works if just the splash damage is going to damage the AA. But if there is no AA close enough to some troops you can to some missiles to hit in quick succession to overwhelm the AA. Of course only works if they don't keep their troops close enough to their AA.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Sgniappo wrote:

what's the composition?

p.s. special forces
      Well sure but that will only work if there is a province which is just within the 5 radius necessary
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • I wouldn't bother trying to outshoot it. Send in two stacks 2/3 infantry followed by another stack of 10 infantry.

Depending on setup, if they have radar, it can be a little harder, but just keep taking closer and closer tiles, once that first attack triggers (it should tell you what units are there). You can't send just one, because if it dies then they don't get a cooldown timer. Abuse the RUSH function.

MRL are inheritanly weak, in both damage and hitpoints. Their strength is in hit and run tactics so you just need to nut up, loss some worthless replacable units to clear out this weak defensive stacks thats more focused on airdefense. National guard units are great, since you can build so many so quickly. Even if only upgradeds to 1.3 movement, with rush they can prove their worth if they get you within striking range.

Usally spy actions, or missile attacks will render their homeland incapable of replacing their loses.
    • StopThereCowboy wrote:

Sgniappo wrote:

what's the composition?

p.s. special forces
      NEVER EVER do that unless your opponent has only 1 defense system. Which is unlikely considering it's likely well known you have missiles before you even load your launcher{read the news...}
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."