Suggestion: Veteran Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion: Veteran Units

I have noticed that the devs try to make this game represent real-life situations. I would like to suggest that units that survive battles should have points towards a veteran status that will give it bonuses in later battles. In real life battle veterans are often better at fighting than new recruits. It would also make the game more exciting because players would utilize hospitals more to heal units and players who know how to minimize casualties would be able to be in a better position later in the game. Also, this does not take away from the regular upgraded units, because units could still be upgraded in the regular manner, but just have veteran status. I have found it frustrating game after game that my units, who are veterans of many battles, do not improve in some way over newly produced units. This is similar to Command & Conquer games which allow for veteran units after battle. What do you guys think?
    • Kalan34 wrote:

I have noticed that the devs try to make this game represent real-life situations. I would like to suggest that units that survive battles should have points towards a veteran status that will give it bonuses in later battles. In real life battle veterans are often better at fighting than new recruits. It would also make the game more exciting because players would utilize hospitals more to heal units and players who know how to minimize casualties would be able to be in a better position later in the game. Also, this does not take away from the regular upgraded units, because units could still be upgraded in the regular manner, but just have veteran status. I have found it frustrating game after game that my units, who are veterans of many battles, do not improve in some way over newly produced units. This is similar to Command & Conquer games which allow for veteran units after battle. What do you guys think?
      Like what @ewac123 said, just put a seasoned veteran officer in the stack and it gives the said bonuses.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • This has been brought up. At least once by a responder to your idea in this thread.

-
      unit veterenacy
      -

When I have inadvertently brought up a covered topic before, Dorado Reps have advised me to utilize the search function at the top right before doing so again.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

This has been brought up. At least once by a responder to your idea in this thread.

-
      unit veterenacy
      -

When I have inadvertently brought up a covered topic before, Dorado Reps have advised me to utilize the search function at the top right before doing so again.
      Thank you for letting me know, I am new here and still figuring things. Anyway, if enough people request it they may change it. Although, I do realize they have a small team and cannot make every little change overnight.
    • Kalan34 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

This has been brought up. At least once by a responder to your idea in this thread.

-
      unit veterenacy
      -

Thank you for letting me know, I am new here and still figuring things. Anyway, if enough people request it they may change it. Although, I do realize they have a small team and cannot make every little change overnight.
      Thank you for letting me know, I am new here and still figuring things. Anyway, if enough people request it sells more gold they may change it. Although, I do realize they have a small team and cannot make every little change overnight if they can monetize the change, it will be done.

There, corrected it for you.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • it doesn't have to be snowballed, make senior and junior personal percentile, they have to engage in combat to get promotion, but if they lose certain percentage of senior personal the unit will lose its prestige. If player lose any hit point in a unit, according to CoN, there are still people die (even that 3 SVU hit point). So if a unit lose 40% of the hit point, than the unit lose huge amount of the middle management/ skilled people, if they lose 80% of the unit, lots senior management with experience and skills will be lose within the unit. A company can't sustain itself if they have one Jeff Bezos and 599 inexperienced interns, you need contain amount people with experience and skills to keep a company running. Just like a unit, of course, if players want to recover the particular unit's prestige, get back to combat to gain experience and skills, with the risk of losing the unit.

If they mix veteran unit and new units, well than, that would dilute senior personal

The post was edited 2 times, last by killerbiologist ().

• So first of all to discuss this we need you to give us numbers on how much the damage increases per damage dealt or if it increases per something else and if there is a cap and where that is supposed to be.

Then we also have to take into consideration that this complicated system you are suggesting would be hard to code, which raises the question if the developers can't use there time for more useful and interesting stuff, and this would probably confuse a lot of beginners, which already don't tend to keep playing.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • I like the idea of Prestige . But that would also imply that if i kill a elite airforce with my sam noobs they get.more prestige then from killing a normal airforce. Prestige would just count towards the statistic no real difference in game mechanics. Because is also see the point that if your naval awacs turn elite it a real devil.

I think taking units to the next map is not good. It counters the idea of everyone starting at the same level. There are so many online game where apart from not fully understanding the concepts when joining you are just bait for the established player.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

think taking units to the next map is not good. It counters the idea of everyone starting at the same level. There are so many online game where apart from not fully understanding the concepts when joining you are just bait for the established player.
      I agree, but where did someone suggest that?
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • i have interpreted this quote as such

@Kelan34 wrote:

I have found it frustrating game after game that my units, who are veterans of many battles, do not improve in some way over newly produced units. This is similar to Command & Conquer games which allow for veteran units after battle. What do you guys think?
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Kalan34 wrote:

which allow for veteran units after battle
      I thought with after battle he meant after one battle with one nation, which may have ended with you killing all enemy troops, so when you encounter their new troops, you have better troops. But in the end the only person who knows what Kalan34 meant is @Kalan34.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres