Extending Doctrine Specific Bonuses

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Extending Doctrine Specific Bonuses

Hello everyone! My suggestion is as the title implies to extend existing doctrine bonuses to subcategory units. For example as it currently is the Western Doctrine receives a 10%+ damage to Helicopters and Aircraft on their Air Superiority Fighters. However these bonuses do not extend to any of the subcategory ASF such as Naval ASF or Stealth ASF. I believe this is a very big missed opportunity as it would help increase strengths of doctrine bonuses and give an incentive to specialize into the subcategory units that would also receive bonuses. Let me know what you all think about this but I see a great game play opportunity that would not take too much implementation as it's simply a few number tweaks across the doctrines.
    • While I haven't thought this through, my initial reaction would be towards greater diversification between the doctrines, so they're not all white malessss, (oops sorry, channeling my inner Brooklyn babe), ... so they encourage different unit mixes. My only concerns would be, making sure Meta was split as equally among the 3 or not involved in the doctrine differences, and balance is maintained.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

While I haven't thought this through, my initial reaction would be towards greater diversification between the doctrines, so they're not all white malessss, (oops sorry, channeling my inner Brooklyn babe), ... so they encourage different unit mixes. My only concerns would be, making sure Meta was split as equally among the 3 or not involved in the doctrine differences, and balance is maintained.
      1st: dude, that was months ago, move on

2nd: I agree, I like the idea. I don't perceive any meta-shifting that would happen from this. And, It only makes sense. I take the doctrinal differences to reflect what those corners of the world are particularly good at designing. This should be reflected on all units of that type.
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • Your second point is the one my overall idea was getting at. It's weird that the base units will get the doctrine specific bonuses but the subcategory units like Naval Air Superiority or Stealth Air Superiority for the Western Doctrine do not get the bonuses. It would be a nice little change to the doctrines and makes logical sense as it further strengthens the Doctrine's bonuses by offering them to more units of the same class.
    • Some doctrine difference on navies could spice things up, even in challenges.

However, if CoW 1.5 taught me something about different "stats" navies, it's "never ever give a speed advantage".
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Some doctrine difference on navies could spice things up, even in challenges.

However, if CoW 1.5 taught me something about different "stats" navies, it's "never ever give a speed advantage".
      Hmmm...
      That's probably true. In CoW, an axis ship shooting my allied forces I could never catch up to...
      (Speed difference)
      I ended up using interceptors to shoot his cruiser.
      Crazy.
      I think what the CoN members want is a stat bonus like +20% attack bonus for eastern tank, +50% for Russian Spetsnaz(Remember how good they were at poisoning ----), +20% for western subs, etc.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • OMG. I got so angry at that crazy speed "bonus" that I started using rockets to hit moving ships- wasn't smart but at least 2/5 rockets hit.
      Lol. We are getting a bit off topic but I'm on a "Dawn of the patriot" call of war 1.0 game playing as the resistance right now...
      BTW, if you are trying to escape the "artillery dominance" of CoN, don't play call of war(1.5 and 1.0)
      Call of war railroad guns have a 150km range and good luck catching up to that, as the fastest unit moves at like 50km/h.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."