A wikipedia of alliances

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A wikipedia of alliances

I would like to suggest the implementation of a wikipedia of alliances on the Conflict of Nations Discord. I have spoken about this on the Discord itself already, but will in this post elaborate for my formal proposal.
      My proposal is that there should be added a channel in the alliance chambers on Discord, where all relevant alliances have a profile of their alliance. I believe this is a good idea for a multitude of reasons, such as-

-Alliances would be less reliant on the alliance recruitment channel, which is often fought over for the latest message
      -Players would have the opportunity to learn more about the individual alliances
      -Players would be able to make a more informed decision on their long term team
      -The wiki could supplement the alliance recruitment channel, here is an example

Example
      Ad in alliance recruitment
      Are you trying to find an alliance which is active? Do you want help becoming a better player? Armageddon alliance are recruiting members right now, and are ready to help you learn!

-You must be level 10
      -You must be active
      -You must be...

Join now at discord.gg/2xb52vh or read more on our alliance wiki page!

Players: Ah, an active alliance, and they can help me become a better player, perfect! Let me just check out their page

Alliance wiki page
      Armageddon is an American alliance, where everyone is active! We stand for... and it is important to us that...

Our alliance mainly plays Flashpoint games, and alliance challenges

The alliance started in 2017 and...

Player 1: Perfect, those are some cool values, and I love flashpoints!

Player 2: Oh, I don't really like flashpoint. Guess I'll go back and see what other alliances are recruiting

End example

We are open to Discord staff being responsible for posting each alliances' page, but would prefer if we are allowed to post it ourselves, so that players can easily identify alliance leaders. As well so that we can edit our pages as necessary, when necessary, without the need for staff to take the time. Feel free to discuss below.

If your alliance is in agreement please post your alliance name below so it can be added to the list

Alliances in agreement so far
      -The Bears - BearI91
      -We The People - GreenBeret
      -Doge Alliance - ScaredBow
      -Edge Of Extinction - jct-edge
      -Dark Legacy - Darkinz
      -Chimera - Sandpool
      -Royal Guardians - JOKER_MD
      -Thunder Team - Iflserg
      -Secta Pacifica - TheBarnert22
      Fight for something, surrender to no one

The post was edited 9 times, last by user1349045r ().

• There is an official wiki and i really don't think Dorado would be hostile to some "user generated content" as long they can ensure there is no svatiskas involved :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Good evening everyone, since a discussion of this topic has already been created, I will share my opinion and suggestion here
      regarding the recruitment, I have the following suggestions:
      1- in the alliance recruiting channel, each alliance leader writes only 1 ad to the alliance per week
      or close the channel and open 1-2 times a month on Sunday so that each leader of the alliance makes 1 announcement

2- create a private channel with a list of alliances, for example
      1- THE BEARS discord.gg/QhcHhzs
      2- POP ARMY discord.gg/J23CCY2
      3 -................
      4 - ..............
      information about the alliance with a link to discord can be taken from the channel alliance recruiting
      only moderators will write in this channel

also for detailed information on the alliance give a link to the forum Recruitment Centre
      there players will find all the information on the alliance of interest

this will s give a reason for many to go to the forum and see a lot of information on the game, since it seems to me that many do not use the forum
    • 1. Max Cooldown for Discord discussion is 6 h, so... would rely on discipline, and... well, you know how it is :D

2. Yeah, it was what i had in mind when first reading the proposal of bear.

I just thought that it also needed this list to be separated by "languages"

INTERNATIONAL

GERMAN

POLISH

Because i think that the main "filter" for players that seek an alliance is "they speak my language" :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.