A Response to Opulon

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Response to Opulon

Since Opulon locked the last thread I will make this one in order to reply to his comment.

Firstly, while I did have a conversation with Opulon, it ended with him giving me a choice to keep or delete the account Michael58126 since it was late in France. I unfortunately lost the password to that account so I was unable to sign back in to respond to Opulon. After that, all attempts to contact Opulon on discord have been met with silence. I would like for the account to either be unsuspended so I can keep playing or deleted so I can create a new one and restart.

Secondly, having multiple accounts is allowed according to this post by Germanico in 2018

Germanico wrote:

Thank you for this open and honest apology. It is well received, Sarwesh.

Matter of fact CON even allows you to have several accounts - totally officially. Some players just like to have them separated for different purposes.
      We normally have a IP check in place ensuring players do not multi on ranked games, which was deliberately turned off for RP so players could multi-account within the Roleplaying Experience.
      Obviously the massive disturbance caused created some bad blood, but with your coming clean I would not rule out participating in earnest again at a later date.
      I cannot speak for the RPU, but should you now be truly interested in RP I am sure you can arrange a discord chat with the other RPU members and see if they also accept your apology.

Kudos again for the very sincere approach with which you chose to resolve the issue.

//G
      All in all I thank you for your time and I will contact a support leader on this issue
    • Yikes.
      My friend, you went out of your way to find this.
      I think you should read the remainder of this awful thread and the incident.
      Here's the link to the post you quoted:
      An Honest Apology for 2000 Roleplay
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • I didn't really look for the post. I just happened upon it when looking through the roleplay chats.

Either way, I think that I am just going to take Opulon's advice and "leave", and come back on an alt as a new person as I honestly don't see this discussion going much farther than just a discussion. My main accounts are both gone and my reputation is low enough at this point that I would have to work harder than its worth to fix it. The fact that the mods approved this account, combined with the fact that Michael58126 is still suspended, indicates that either the mods have no communication (which is unlikely as Opulon has seen me here) or that I haven't been fully banned from CON yet. I imagine that it wouldn't be hard to find me as Opulon works for google and has my ip, email, and maybe even birthdate so he could easily set something up to track my ip or hardware. To cut this rant short, I thank you all for a good 2 years and wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors.
    • Tbh I didn't want to come back to this thread.
      But I want to make something clear.
      It is unclear what he is ranting about.
      I think a community manager or another team lead would be able to better assist him.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Yes. To summarise it, we won't really bother anyone that has several accounts he uses on different maps. I know some people that have a "challenge account" and a "public account". It's not a problem per se, but obviously, there are "human limitations" : Multiaccounts are tolerated if not playing on the same maps, but obviously we will exterminate them (both) if used to harass, hunt, denounce, or do anything that can be remotely harmful to the game.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.