Pinned News From My Latest Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• News from MY latest game...
      I legit did not kill my first enemy unit until day 43.
      Files
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

News from MY latest game...
      You are the Gamera of turtling.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

News from MY latest game...
      You are the Gamera of turtling.
      yes... I posted a humorous article on day 25 after my allies accused be of "hogging" when in reality I was turtling.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • OK, so Finland decides to call out Columbia for using gold (no-no) and I attempt to defuse the situation by admitting to copper use and so on ...

p09096.jpg
      -
      and then I follow it up with ...
      -
      p0909901.jpg
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• And the final article I posted on the game. There was an additional article, that went unpublished because I decided not to be vindictive, and didn't want to incentivize a psycho following me around in games.

-
      p0909902.jpg
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Apparently, keeping my damn mouth shut to preserve my "UserXXXXXXXX" account's anonymity is going to prove more difficult than I thought. For some reason I felt compelled to post this:
      -
      UserA0001.jpg
      -
      -
      Over this:
      -
      UserA0002.jpg
      -
      I keep this up, my "secret identity" is going to be as mysterious as Clark Kent.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Apparently, keeping my damn mouth shut to preserve my "UserXXXXXXXX" account's anonymity is going to prove more difficult than I thought. For some reason I felt compelled to post this:
      -
      UserA0001.jpg
      -
      -
      Over this:
      -
      UserA0002.jpg
      -
      I keep this up, my "secret identity" is going to be as mysterious as Clark Kent.
      Nice, but it's "Quebecker"
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • OK, some new developments ...

In my other game, (Cold War) while looking for a coalition to join, I checked out the coalition of Canada and Cuba, and when I noticed several errors, including the mistaken claim that the only way to get gold was to be in their coalition and win, not simply surviving, I sent him a Private Message letting him know of the errors, so he could correct them and I could join without embarrassment over his wreck of a coalition description.

So what does he do? He first private messages me back, calling me a troll and a d**k, then he changes his coalition description to publicly call me a d**k and a troll saying that people could join who weren't like the guy playing Italy (me).

OK, OK, so then I couldn't resist. I created the "Blame Canada" Coalition with this flag:
      blame canada1.jpg

and installed as my coalition description, this:

"Blame Canada, blame Canada
      With all their beedy little eyes have packed their heads so full of lies, blame Canada, blame Canada,
      we need to form a full assault its Canada's fault"

Some lyrics from the "Blame Canada" song from South Park's Bigger, Longer, & Uncut movie.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• This sets his coalition off on a war with me. So me being a big navy player, has a stack of frigates in the Med. and when Cuba sails his corvettes around Italy, they promptly get sunk, with me only losing 1 frigate. Cuba also invades the coast of France (a country which I am invading) and seizes the coast with his troops. Meanwhile, Canada has set his other ally Spain to invade my territory at the same time.

So, I use my frigates to empty the spanish cities on the Med. coast and take them, push Cuba out of France with my troops, then sail my frigates with their new cruiser buddy over to Cuba, and reduce his only ship building city to rubble. Cuba promptly quits the game.

So what's next, Canada starts seizing the lower half of the USA (he and Cuba having easily split the usa earlier) then tries to take Cuba, but too late, (I got troops from my Algeria campaign there just ahead of him) and my naval stack is there to sink all his troops.

So I get another naval stack together frigates and cruisers and an NO, and sail it up to canada and begin flattening his Home cities one by one starting with his naval production. It is at this point he brings Hungary into his coalition fold.
      ------
      I should mention at this time, a friend of mine, Red Wolf Alliance member, and rank of 1st lieutenant had joined the game late as Greece, and another competent player joined the game late as well as Sweden, and after letting Greece know who I was (as I was using the userxxxxx account not DoD) bring them both into my coalition which I had since renamed "WRATH" seeing as the "Blame Canada" joke as played out. - And both are furiously building up
      --------
      Then the all out invasion hits ...
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• OK, so where was I? Oh yeah, the all out invasion. Canada finally decides to get in the game against me after urging everyone else to. He sends the rest of his troops from conquering Canada to attack my holdings in France at the same time he convinces Hungary to send everything and the kitchen sink at me in Venice.

Unfortunately for Canada, I had peeled 1 frigate off and placed him in the English channel, scores of his troops visit Davy Jones and only 1 group gets thru to take Nantes from me. BUT again unfortunately for him, my MRLS arrive shortly and with an NG, kick him out of there too.

Meanwhile, It's looking like I'm going to lose Venice, he has MAA and towed arty with AFVs and what looks like all his infantry going to it. However, being a decent player, my radar showed me all this moving towards me, and I almost emptied my home cities rushing shit up to Venice. I had uncharacteristically built a few tanks. Long battle story short, I held Venice, now reduced to a size 2 with most of it's buildings toast or Damaged.

Here's where Canada really loses his mind. After everything they can do to get at me fails, and I split my naval stack in the Great lakes so I have 1 ship continually pounding each of his home cities so he can't build anything, his mind snaps.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• He posts the following in the News (with my reply directly below):

NOTE: I had to censor his so it could appear here.

Cold War 1 003b.jpg
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• OK, back to the very 1st mobile game I started, which finished after the one involving Canada, because I went for the solo win unlike in the one with Canada.

So, anyhow ....

UserA0003.jpg

It was a slaughter, I hit 2 of his home cities with nuclear BMs, and flattened the other 3 with 5 stacks of stealth bombers. Inside 3 hours he had no units left in his territory.
      The KING of CoN News!!!