Chrome Extension

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Chrome Extension

So, I am just curios to know what anyone has tried to do with a chrome extension and this game. I don't have an alliance that would benefit from one, but I have studied the backend js a bit and think its possible to write something which would be useful.

But I need some ideas on what anyone might find useful then I'll go back and research further to see what it would take to do it. If there are useful idea's I'll review the game and see what it would take to do them.

I'd also like to hear from the team to see if something like this might be considered something i could get banned for using. If so, I'll drop it, otherwise i am gonna run with it.

cheers
    • I have a limited idea what all a chrome extension can do, but I'll be damned if I can see a way it would help you play this game.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • quick notification without have to open the game. yes plz

also their texture is loading via websites, there is opportunity that we can redirect site to load our custom resource and engine will just accept it. we can make custom model, skin, texture in game. i tried it but im have no idea when come to actually coding. i just a concept maker
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

also we might can extract out the news but it need to replace data with text by the engine first (ex. {country=4} to actual country name). this will be hard to pull of but we could future more use the extracted and converted data to make advances info graphic.
      But the data is only as relevant as the last pull. Persisting what you pull and using it is key here. This would most likely tax the game servers as well.
    • playbabe wrote:

quick notification without have to open the game. yes plz

also their texture is loading via websites, there is opportunity that we can redirect site to load our custom resource and engine will just accept it. we can make custom model, skin, texture in game. i tried it but im have no idea when come to actually coding. i just a concept maker
      Notifications would be really difficult without some kind of API. I'll have to look more closely at the event feed in the game status bar. This may be something that can be extracted.

Modifying the textures can be achieved, its just tricky and requires direct manipulation which might be off limits.
    • Iron Rooster wrote:

If by useful you mean giving you an in game advantage then I would suggest you drop this or do it privately as that will probably be counted as cheating.

Other than that I have no idea how a Chrome extension would be useful but I'm not a programmer so what do I know?
      I don't think any real advantage can be gained in displaying information on the game which is already available in some other fashion.

However displaying existing information in a different way can be useful.