Landmines, vehicles that lay them, way to counter them and how they might be implemented

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If mines are on cooldown it could be maybe used as a de facto counter to hit&run tactics, just requiring to mine the front and the battleline to withdraw a bit, in order for the opponent artillery to either "not engage", or suffer mines to deliver firepower.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • The biggest hope I have for this new mine-laying mechanic is that they can't be spammed. I think it will add a new layer of complexity. For example, locking down map chokes using mines, or whatever the case may be, so I am pretty hyped over this.
      But I can already see it now, where I send my troops into a country and, boom boom boom, all of them are dead because every province has mines in them.
      Mines should also be able to do damage to the home country that placed them, and should not be biased to whatever sits above them.
      That would make it so much more interesting, and help give consequences to using mines.
      That is my opinion, though.
    • Opulon wrote:

Joke apart, maybe minefield could work in a similar way to how Gaz artillery works in Supremacy 1 the great war.

You target somewhere, it creates a temporary invisible unit which "attacks" in area of effect every 10 minutes, effectively hurting through attrition the units going through it.

After a while, the unit disappears (cooldown).

The main downside i see to it is that mines are, historically, a similar problem to nuclear fallout.

You lay them in 1945, and in 2020, a child still may blow up on one that was forgotten there.
      I totally agree. Mines dont understand the concept of peace. They are the big equalizer...

Adding some sense to this highly speculative thread:

1. Will mines be a building structure or a deployable unit
      2. Will there be friendly fire for mines...meaning destroying everything in their path
      3. Will mines deal damage continously or on single blow (NG spam)
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

1. Will mines be a building structure or a deployable unit
      It's both it, required: 'Combat outpost', and Combat Engineer, Minelayer (Armor vehicle ver), Artillery ver: (secret(comming much later) and Ballistic/Cruiser Missile Warhead: Cluster Munition.

kurtvonstein wrote:

2. Will there be friendly fire for mines...meaning destroying everything in their path
      In real life, minefields (in local ver) has marked by sign flags and warning signs, and also minefields (Military ver) has recorted by in maps and military archives.

kurtvonstein wrote:

3. Will mines deal damage continously or on single blow (NG spam)
      It's size of prov areas, examples Serbian small prov areas has on single blow, Eastern Russian prov areas has multi continously blow (it's real killing zones).

------------------------------------------------------------------
      Guns are always loaded.