DEVELOPER DIARY 19: New Maps & Features, Season 6, Reinforcments

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DEVELOPER DIARY 19: New Maps & Features, Season 6, Reinforcments

+ + + + DEV DIARY: ENTRY 19 + + + +

As many of you are eagerly anticipating the release of Season 6 it’s time to give you a glimpse of what the near future holds for CON
      New Maps
      Following the release of Battlegrounds USA our map designers have been hard at work on the next map which will be focusing on the Western Theatre. More details will follow as the map moves closer to a release date.

New Unit Feature
      Over the past months the team has been overhauling several mechanics in preparation for a new feature, Deploy Armament: Units equipped with this feature will be able to deploy various armaments to the battlefield wherever they are. The introduction of Deploy Armament will finally allow us to create content that has been frequently discussed over the years (remember landmines?) and we hope it will open the door to many new, exciting strategies!

The big question: So Where’s Season 6?
      We are aiming for a release by late March/early April. As you might have guessed by now, the launch of Season 6 won’t just feature an ordinary unit, it will also be the debut of the Deploy Armament feature. After the last testing round by the design team we decided on a new approach to the balancing and implementation of the unit. While this decision contributed to a further delay of the new season we believe it was a necessary one in order to ensure the new unit finds its place in the game.

Critical Fixes
      Our team is hard at work identifying and fixing issues that are cropping up on some mobile devices, especially the reported blank screens and timeouts.
      • To boost this effort we have called in external reinforcements who help us test and compile detailed logging on affected devices.
      • Fixing these issues is our top priority at the moment. Unfortunately, this has significantly contributed to the delay of Season 6.
      What Else Is Coming?
      The CON family has been growing steadily this year, onboarding more developers to help tackle the challenges ahead. Besides the ongoing efforts to improve the experience on the mobile clients, we have two major projects in the pipeline that will address the long-term experience of the game.

We'd like to personally thank everyone for their patience as Season 6 is coming together and hope this small update gives you something to look forward to in the weeks ahead!

Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 2 times, last by Yak ().

• Kranzegrad wrote:

Seasons 6, elite unit is: Shapes of tank? Maybe it's 'Robot Tank' or 'Laser Cutting Tank' or both it? huh... lol.

Elite Laser Tank unit can cutting Heavy Bomber to two pieces and Heavy Tank has got big bunched hole by Laser Tank.
      I would say they are ATGM carriers - basically elite tank destroyers. I dunno what the upper one might be but lower ones could be 9P157-2 Khrizantema (left one) and Israeli modification of M113 named Hafiz-beyt-hatochan-4 or NM-142 and its derivate M113A2 TUA. This would explain those lasers because ATGMs are most of the time laser guided. Also there is possibility that all of those vehicles are made up by devs and doesn't exist IRL like they did with railguns. But there will be definitely more units than those 3 since those are most likely elite units and untis with deployable armament weren't showcased yet
    • Capt_Rodgers wrote:

Kranzegrad wrote:

Seasons 6, elite unit is: Shapes of tank? Maybe it's 'Robot Tank' or 'Laser Cutting Tank' or both it? huh... lol.

Elite Laser Tank unit can cutting Heavy Bomber to two pieces and Heavy Tank has got big bunched hole by Laser Tank.
      I would say they are ATGM carriers - basically elite tank destroyers. I dunno what the upper one might be but lower ones could be 9P157-2 Khrizantema (left one) and Israeli modification of M113 named Hafiz-beyt-hatochan-4 or NM-142 and its derivate M113A2 TUA. This would explain those lasers because ATGMs are most of the time laser guided. Also there is possibility that all of those vehicles are made up by devs and doesn't exist IRL like they did with railguns. But there will be definitely more units than those 3 since those are most likely elite units and untis with deployable armament weren't showcased yet
      Oh joy! A counter against units that already have so many counters and are primarily used by the inexperienced. Good thing, the inexperienced are so tough.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Capt_Rodgers wrote:

Kranzegrad wrote:

Oh joy! A counter against units that already have so many counters and are primarily used by the inexperienced. Good thing, the inexperienced are so tough.
      Thats true and I also don't know why to add those (maybe I'm wrong and those units won't be tank destroyers) but if we talk about anything that exisct in the military then those are ATGM carriers. If they are made up units like railguns then we have no chance to find out what are they before they are released. I would personally like battleships which would have ton of HP, strong anti ground and naval attack with counters being subs and partially jets

The post was edited 1 time, last by Capt_Rodgers ().

• Battleships no longer exist.
      It's called a "cruiser", or for political reasons, a "frigate".
      Don't bring irl into games.
      This wouldn't even be in the top 1000 things that are wrong ingame vs rl.
      How does a tank have more HP than a destroyer?
      Hmm, i thought frigs, destroyers, and cruisers were all political categorizations for "warship".
      Hmm, wonder why infantry deal 0 damage to ships. They deal damage to planes by firing their machine guns into the air.
      Why not ships?
      Hmm, wonder why a frigate("Agile fleet vessel") is slower than a cruiser("Largest surface vessel in a fleet other than the aircraft carrier").
      Hmm, wonder why all choppers ingame move at the same speed.
      I really wonder how the infantry "rush". Do they speed across civilian highways and plow through cars with their tanks?
      I'm confused why each country starts with only 1 airport.
      Airports were a thing even in ww2, didja know?
      As you can see, there are many things that are in real life but not ingame.
      Anti tank missiles are way to specific and aren't going to bring much into the game, just use conventional cms.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

Battleships no longer exist.
      Hmm, i thought frigs, destroyers, and cruisers were all political categorizations for "warship".
      Hmm, wonder why infantry deal 0 damage to ships. They deal damage to planes by firing their machine guns into the air.
      Why not ships?
      Hmm, wonder why a frigate("Agile fleet vessel") is slower than a cruiser("Largest surface vessel in a fleet other than the aircraft carrier").
      I really wonder how the infantry "rush". Do they speed across civilian highways and plow through cars with their tanks?
      Anti tank missiles are way to specific and aren't going to bring much into the game, just use conventional cms.
      As I talked about battleships I meant the real battleships. USS Missourri and USS Wisconsin was put out of service in late 90's which made them well suitable for the game when we have cruisers and destroyers from 50's. Also you can consider Kirov class as some kind of battleship as well even though they were called cruisers. Europe then have Richeleau class for example (ship was put out from service in 60's so it still would be ok when there is Tiger class). I haven't talked about cruisers, destroyers and frigates since official term for all of those is warship - battleship is used for battleship only and thanks to current global situation I think we might see old US giants back on see again (sea shore bombardment is one the of crusial parts of US strategy against PRC in the Pacific region)
      Also I didn't bring IRL to the game. I just pointed out that ATGM carriers are most likely those silouets since nothing which is not made up by devs is looking as much similar as it can. Btw we already have vehicles with ATGM in the game and those haven't got any special feature against other tank destroyers. If it would be elite tank destroyer then it would have even more supperior damage to armored units and maybe anti air defend don't matter if they have guns or ATGMs
    • ewac123 wrote:

Why not ships?

Capt_Rodgers wrote:

As I talked about battleships I meant the real battleships. USS Missourri and USS Wisconsin was put out of service in late 90's which made them well suitable for the game when we have cruisers and destroyers from 50's. Also you can consider Kirov class as some kind of battleship as well even though they were called cruisers. Europe then have Richeleau class for example (ship was put out from service in 60's so it still would be ok when there is Tiger class). I haven't talked about cruisers, destroyers and frigates since official term for all of those is warship - battleship is used for battleship only and thanks to current global situation I think we might see old US giants back on see again (sea shore bombardment is one the of crusial parts of US strategy against PRC in the Pacific region)Also I didn't bring IRL to the game. I just pointed out that ATGM carriers are most likely those silouets since nothing which is not made up by devs is looking as much similar as it can. Btw we already have vehicles with ATGM in the game and those haven't got any special feature against other tank destroyers. If it would be elite tank destroyer then it would have even more supperior damage to armored units and maybe anti air defend don't matter if they have guns or ATGMs
      slapfight.gif
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Capt_Rodgers wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

Why not ships?
      As I talked about battleships I meant the real battleships. USS Missourri and USS Wisconsin was put out of service in late 90's which made them well suitable for the game when we have cruisers and destroyers from 50's. Also you can consider Kirov class as some kind of battleship as well even though they were called cruisers. Europe then have Richeleau class for example (ship was put out from service in 60's so it still would be ok when there is Tiger class). I haven't talked about cruisers, destroyers and frigates since official term for all of those is warship - battleship is used for battleship only and thanks to current global situation I think we might see old US giants back on see again (sea shore bombardment is one the of crusial parts of US strategy against PRC in the Pacific region)Also I didn't bring IRL to the game. I just pointed out that ATGM carriers are most likely those silouets since nothing which is not made up by devs is looking as much similar as it can. Btw we already have vehicles with ATGM in the game and those haven't got any special feature against other tank destroyers. If it would be elite tank destroyer then it would have even more supperior damage to armored units and maybe anti air defend don't matter if they have guns or ATGMs

Dealer of Death wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

Why not ships?

Capt_Rodgers wrote:

Gee... Ok just view cruisers as modern battleships. ATGMs really aren't going to be used. Use a conventional Cruise missile, does massive anti armor damage.

[/quote]
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

Capt_Rodgers wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

Why not ships?

Dealer of Death wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

Why not ships?

Capt_Rodgers wrote:

Gee... Ok just view cruisers as modern battleships. ATGMs really aren't going to be used. Use a conventional Cruise missile, does massive anti armor damage.

[/quote]It doesn't matter if tank destroyer use ATGMs or guns since you're not playing as the units like in WoT or WT. I'm syaing that the class of the vehicles are ATGM carriers but in the game they will most likely work as usuall tank destroyers but with supperior damage (since they're elite unit most likely)
    • ewac123 wrote:

I'm kinda confused, but, ok.
      Just don't get me started about the political categorization of "Batteship".
      It's not confusing at all. Western doctrine has M901 and M1134 Stryker already as 2nd and 3rd stage tank destroyer which are both ATGM carries and they are normal tank destroyers. Those 3 new units looks like similar class of vehicles. Btw battleship is term for dreadnought/superdreadnought which is evolutional of pre-dreadnought also sometimes refered to as capital ship. All other classes of ships that we have in game are refered to as warships in general but NOT as battleship. Sometimes cruisers are refered to as destroyers and destroyers as frigates hence they're called warships. If you said battleship then you mean capital ship with heavy artillery which is the class I'm talking about.
      I think it's not that hard to understad that but maybe it's little bit confusing since I'm not native English speaker and look like you aren't too
    • I am a native english speaker.
      I really have no idea what you are talking about.
      A BATTLESHIP IS A CRUISER NOWADAYS. A lot of artillery, a lot of range, does some anti air damage.
      @Opulon Please help clarify this with "capt rodgers".
      As for the ATGM, well, it could be a weapon, but not fired seperately(like default weapon when used by TD)
    • ewac123 wrote:

I am a native english speaker.
      I really have no idea what you are talking about.
      A BATTLESHIP IS A CRUISER NOWADAYS. A lot of artillery, a lot of range, does some anti air damage.
      @Opulon Please help clarify this with "capt rodgers".
      As for the ATGM, well, it could be a weapon, but not fired seperately(like default weapon when used by TD)
      Mate, you have clearly no idea what I'm talking about. Cruiser today is basically bigger desroyer which use mainly cruise missiles and also it's used as air defence for naval task forces. I'm talking about the big old battleships like Iowa class or Richeleau class (thanks to it's size you can count Kirov class like smaller battleship/battlecruiser) which used 380-406mm artillery weapons and were later during 80's equiped with Tomahawks, Harpoons and Phalanx CIWS. Todays cruiser have barelly 2x 155mm guns.
      As for ATGM I still don't know how do you mean that. We already have vehicles with ATGM only like M901 or M1134 and if the new elite tank destroyers would be vehicles of same class then they would act pretty much the same as all current TDs. I think you're really missing my point - if it's thank to my not that great English then it's my fault but if not then any further discussion is pointless
    • Ok, now I got your point.
      You are looking for supercruisers...
      Look no further.
      Tell a normal cruiser to arm itself with mutant camels.