Special Forces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Special Forces

Hey!
      I've only used Special Forces recently and they appeared to be a stealth and scout unit that only declares war when you air assaulted them. They also seem to be able to hold their own against motorized infantries when outnumbered. So how are Special Forces supposed to be used and how did you use them?
    • Please search for existing threads.
      Please read the "similar threads" at the bottom of this thread.
      I posted one over a month ago.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • 12072281 wrote:

Hey!
      I've only used Special Forces recently and they appeared to be a stealth and scout unit that only declares war when you air assaulted them. They also seem to be able to hold their own against motorized infantries when outnumbered. So how are Special Forces supposed to be used and how did you use them?
      There seems to already be a thread on this topic. Even still, I'll answer the question, cause I take interest in it.
      Special forces can not cap land, as you've probably noticed, so they are primarily used to kill other units. For me, I plan wars 5-10 days in advance if I am going up against a superpower. Special forces rock in situations like these. They are fast, deal lots of damage, and clear out targets that I need to take, with no harm ever coming to my motorized infantry. So I primarily use them to rush my opponent and hit targets that need to be taken out for strategic purposes. I would not use them in situations where I am a smaller country, or where I need a navy rather than a ground force. If my economy can only produce one special forces a day as well (early game), I usually won't go for them. If I am going for special forces, I am after having two or three battalions ready to push a frontline. Making one a day is not useful to that strategy.
    • StopThereCowboy wrote:

12072281 wrote:

Hey!
      There seems to already be a thread on this topic. Even still, I'll answer the question, cause I take interest in it.Special forces can not cap land, as you've probably noticed, so they are primarily used to kill other units. For me, I plan wars 5-10 days in advance if I am going up against having two or three battalions ready to push ...
      Not to be argumentative... But have you actually used them against a real player with a higher K/D than 2/1?? A level 1 CRV can kill your special forces, due to Special forces having ridiculously low anti armor damage. And your stealth advantage is gone, a recon vehicle can see them. In summary, DO NOT use special forces to rush people.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • In the early game there are many recon vehicles. but not all players researched this unit. And in the mid game some players have no (destroyed) or only the few recons from the start units. There are only few players they used SF.
      I use SF most for recon or to attack aircrafts on the ground. They are also have a normal speed on hostile provinces. And they are faster in jungles, mountains etc. than the other units. Also if you habe too less supplies the SF is an alternative to the recon vehicle, because they cost components.
      If you play smart, the SF is very useful. You can look, when your enemy is not online, and then you look into the cities. Also to look and attack the ICBM/balistic missle vehicle it is useful, because normal they are stealth on the ground.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • ewac123 wrote:

StopThereCowboy wrote:

12072281 wrote:

Hey!
      There seems to already be a thread on this topic. Even still, I'll answer the question, cause I take interest in it.Special forces can not cap land, as you've probably noticed, so they are primarily used to kill other units. For me, I plan wars 5-10 days in advance if I am going up against having two or three battalions ready to push ...
      Not to be argumentative... But have you actually used them against a real player with a higher K/D than 2/1?? A level 1 CRV can kill your special forces, due to Special forces having ridiculously low anti armor damage. And your stealth advantage is gone, a recon vehicle can see them. In summary, DO NOT use special forces to rush people.
      Yes, I have. They work especially well if the cities are placed next to one another. Most of the time, I am not seeing people play CRV. I've used special forces in this manner a number of different times, and every single time, they help my cause. Albeit, they don't let me win every time, but the whole point is they are gonna deal a ton of damage, CVR or not.
      I don't disagree with your point, though. I'd agree that special forces are situational and should not just be used unless your context calls for it. IE, you need to hit specific targets, but not take them immediately.
    • Exactly. They are good for precision operations, with their stealth helicopter feature giving them a 90 second bailout time(to load into chopper and vanish), but are too expensive to mass-produce and be your main force. They are good for killing that MRL that's shelling u from 100km away, or that BM launcher(Gulf war... UK SAS blew up half of Iraq's scuds on the ground). If used right, they can decimate grounded aircraft as well. That's why there were even special forces in ww2.
    • the other issue is it only takes 30 min to research CRV. And it's likely enemy knows u have special forces well ahead of time, just look at it buildings. Why else put an airport in a lvl 3 army base city?
    • ewac123 wrote:

the other issue is it only takes 30 min to research CRV. And it's likely enemy knows u have special forces well ahead of time, just look at it buildings. Why else put an airport in a lvl 3 army base city?
      you are underestimate how stupid general players are.

Charlie71 wrote:

btw question to special units:
      • if they are in helicopter so transporting via air, are they still in stealth?

yes.

This is unit is absolutely MEME because no other unit can do weird things with it.
      My favorite is to spawn camp their homeland
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

Lol, that's true.
      I'm more of a "middle player".
      Not as stupid as those(I hope), but I don't think I'm that skilled enough to play in elite challenges.
      The fact that I posted a frigate meta thread kinda killed any chance of getting into an elite- it also led to a block from Opulon on discord...
      @Opulon I hope you unblock me soon... I reread the discord messages and found that I was a bit more argumentative than I wanted to be.
    • ewac123 wrote:

playbabe wrote:

Lol, that's true.I'm more of a "middle player".
      Not as stupid as those(I hope), but I don't think I'm that skilled enough to play in elite challenges.
      The fact that I posted a frigate meta thread kinda killed any chance of getting into an elite- it also led to a block from Opulon on discord...
      @Opulon I hope you unblock me soon... I reread the discord messages and found that I was a bit more argumentative than I wanted to be.
      I'd say I am about the same as you. I am more into theory crafting than being 100% practical. I'd like to get involved with elite play, but probably would get 3 stocked my first time around. We'll see :thumbsup: maybe we could practice against one another one day if you are interested and practice. I also heard that you can make your own league? I would like to look into that.
    • Looking at your stats, you haven't faced a single person who is above rank 10ish.
      You've faced a total of 0 SAMs, 0 mobile anti air, 0 artillery of any kind, 0 seasons, 0 missiles, 0 officers, and 0 things that can fly.
      You have killed a total of 18 units and lost 16(vs real people).
      Mate, I'd love to play with you.
      Maybe try joining a ww3, instead of the usual flashpoint:)
    • ewac123 wrote:

Looking at your stats, you haven't faced a single person who is above rank 10ish.
      You've faced a total of 0 SAMs, 0 mobile anti air, 0 artillery of any kind, 0 seasons, 0 missiles, 0 officers, and 0 things that can fly.
      You have killed a total of 18 units and lost 16(vs real people).
      Mate, I'd love to play with you.
      Maybe try joining a ww3, instead of the usual flashpoint:)

StopThereCowboy wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

W-What-
      You are only rank 8...
      Have you actually used Special Forces before?
      The account you are probably looking at is my newer account. That, or it's my original account. What is the name on it? I had to recreate it.
      As said above, that account probably does not reflect anything substantial. I've been an active player for months...
    • LordDumbledweeb.
      It's the one linked to your forum.
      It's not really your rank, its your stats.
      Total defeated planes: 0
      Total defeated choppers: 0
      Total defeated artillery: 0
      Total defeated officers: 0
      Total defeated anti airs: 0
    • ewac123 wrote:

LordDumbledweeb.
      It's the one linked to your forum.
      It's not really your rank, its your stats.
      Total defeated planes: 0
      Total defeated choppers: 0
      Total defeated artillery: 0
      Total defeated officers: 0
      Total defeated anti airs: 0
      That would be my new account. I had my last one up however much. In total, I'd say I would be rank 40 something. I forgot I put that account up. But if you compare the account age with my forum accounts age, you would see my forum account has been around longer. We don't gotta play now, but I am open to playing :whistling:
    • Wait, how many accounts do you have?
      And it's not how it works- promotion for a Sergeant takes 1k points.
      Promotion takes 50 points for low level.
      And what's the username for your main account?