Stop Hit and run

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This is limited by the refresh of the server.

The server can react to a UltArmyState saying "hey, bro, you got shot on !", but asking from it to refresh every millisecond if there is something in range is beyond its ability. The current refresh is every 10 minutes if i'm not wrong.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • WalterChang wrote:

But can't the server do a check when the first shot is fired? And if the attacking unit (the one that was moving) was 'visible' to the defending unit (the one that was static), then the damage would be applied to the attacker's HP first?
      bu bu but mah realism, ... it would be absolutely idiotic to apply damage to a sneak attacking unit first
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

But can't the server do a check when the first shot is fired? And if the attacking unit (the one that was moving) was 'visible' to the defending unit (the one that was static), then the damage would be applied to the attacker's HP first?
      bu bu but mah realism, ... it would be absolutely idiotic to apply damage to a sneak attacking unit first
      insert good "who asked" joke
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • WalterChang wrote:

bro whats your problem? Hit and run actually doesnt work too well on stationery ground targets but works extremely well against moving targets. So what is it you want?
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Yeah, I agree. If you sneak up on them, and shoot from a position where you are invisible before the attack, then you absolutely should get the first strike (and be able to scoot away before they can shoot back, if you're quick enough).

But if you approach on their territory, or they have some radar or recon unit to detect your units as they approach, then they should get the first strike - because they see you coming and are ready to fire as soon as you come into their range.
    • I think it’s just really unfair, especially for inexperienced players.

It’s stated in the wiki that combat refresh / ranged units’ reload time is 1 hour.
      Having ability to fire at enemy and avoid his fire (while being in its range), just because someone retreats in one minute, is kind of an exploit to me – it’s not how the mechanics is ‘supposed to’ work and I’m sure is confusing for many players.
    • Ivan Dolvich wrote:

I think it’s just really unfair, especially for inexperienced players.

It’s stated in the wiki that combat refresh / ranged units’ reload time is 1 hour.
      Having ability to fire at enemy and avoid his fire (while being in its range), just because someone retreats in one minute, is kind of an exploit to me – it’s not how the mechanics is ‘supposed to’ work and I’m sure is confusing for many players.
      one hour except if they kill a whole stack; then the reload is only a minute

and it certainly makes ranged combat a lot more interesting
      I am The Baseline for opinions