Market Fix

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• When selling resources on the market, regardless of which offer you try to fill it automatically fills the highest priced and oldest order. This allows a player with lots of excess game cash to stack the market so that no one can sell resources to anyone but them. It would be more realistic and balanced if you were able to choose which order to fill so that you could sell to your allies (or the enemies of your enemies). I am not a programmer but it seems like an easy fix that would help weaker players without significantly hurting stronger ones.
    • John B Dixie wrote:

When selling resources on the market, regardless of which offer you try to fill it automatically fills the highest priced and oldest order. This allows a player with lots of excess game cash to stack the market so that no one can sell resources to anyone but them. It would be more realistic and balanced if you were able to choose which order to fill so that you could sell to your allies (or the enemies of your enemies). I am not a programmer but it seems like an easy fix that would help weaker players without significantly hurting stronger ones.
      Sounds like communism to me. :)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • John B Dixie wrote:

Not communisim, but if we were at war I wouldn't sell resources to you regardless of how much you offered. But the way it is set up now a player can block the market so I cant sell to anyone without selling to them first. In a real world war you could sell to your allies regardless of how much your enemies would pay for the same resources.
      you cant sell shit to ppl youre at war to begin with
      and the way the market it works is deliberate
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • John B Dixie wrote:

Do you mean that if we are at war the buy orders you place don't show up on my market? Only non-combatant orders are visible?
      Yes, that is how the game works. As Playbabe said you can still see the offers crossed out in the trade section. There used to be a trade embargo feature where AI-player nations(player nations that have turned AI) would "Trade Embargo" you so you couldn't buy anything after a while in Flashpoint. They never sold anything anyways so it didn't really matter.

John B Dixie wrote:

Do you mean that they intentionally want game cash rich players to be able to stack the market and prevent trading?
      I don't get what you are asking here. The market works the exact same way the global market works, whoever has the most cash gets the goods. If they have enough money they can even stop trade entirely or create extreme inflation.
    • Iron Rooster is correct,
      the market works as it is intendend to work.
      The highest price gets the deal.

Yes rich players can block the market, world is unfair, success gets rewarded. Oh well this is how markets react...

Well an addition to that, selling directly to your allies is possible in Allygames, on public maps it is disabled to make life harder for the Mulits out there...
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • I'm not going to quote Fereyd, because mods tend to not like that(After my recent experience), but I agree.
      While it's not perfect, it is like real life. @John B Dixie , it's the reason the US buys the most from China(cheap).
      And the reason China sells the most to the US.(US still has some good prices despite trump)
      While for political reasons, the US does do some "trade" with Japan and Australia, on the numbers, it's more like a kangaroo court.
      Aussies trade more with SK than the US.
      And the US does trade with EU too, because EU has a lot of money.
      Hope that answers your question.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • John B Dixie wrote:

Thanks Fereyd for clarifying that it is intentional to reward the richest, and not just an oversight.

Built in feature that basically shuts down the market option so players desperate for x resource might spend gold to get it....that I understand. It is a business after all.
      Don't say that. The game is trying to make it as RL as possible while being balanced.
      And cash is in surplus almost always anyway. Stop blaming others, and did u even read my earlier post?
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Just on a side note, thank you to Iron Rooster and ewac123 for explaining how the global marketplace works, and they are both correct when the point is to make money, in which case you would not need to be forced to sell to the highest bidder, you would want to. However in a global conflict situation, neutral third parties would want to, and be able to sell to whoever's ideology they supported. If Israel and Egypt were at war, Saudi Arabia would not be forced to sell oil to Israel just because Israel offered more money....right?
    • Hey ewac123, I'm not blaming anyone, nor am I that particularly invested in the issue, and once I realized it existed I stack the market too, it's a feature I use it. Nor am I anti gold players. If it weren't for people that can afford to spend money there wouldn't be a game for me to play, though I am not able to do so myself.

That being said, defending it as trying to be RL (real life?) as possible is not valid in my opinion.
    • John B Dixie wrote:

Hey ewac123, I'm not blaming anyone, nor am I that particularly invested in the issue, and once I realized it existed I stack the market too, it's a feature I use it. Nor am I anti gold players. If it weren't for people that can afford to spend money there wouldn't be a game for me to play, though I am not able to do so myself.

That being said, defending it as trying to be RL (real life?) as possible is not valid in my opinion.
      Why is not a valid defense?
      Maybe we should add rubber ducks and floating hippos.
      What's your defense?
    • Well like my example of Israel / Egypt / Saudi Arabia.

Or let's use a WWII example. Mexico is neutral, Germany offers top price for Oil. Does Mexico have to sell to Germany? No, it sells to USA at a lower price. Germany gets mad, sinks a couple Mexican tankers and then Mexico declares war on Germany. That's a RL example from history. Not Mexico wants to sell to USA but is forced to sell to Germany because they offered more money.

Regardless, I support my interpretation of why the game designers built it this way. It is a business, and needs revenue to operate, and this function encourages that. That's a good thing because I get to play, which makes me happy.
    • John B Dixie wrote:

Well like my example of Israel / Egypt / Saudi Arabia.

Or let's use a WWII example. Mexico is neutral, Germany offers top price for Oil. Does Mexico have to sell to Germany? No, it sells to USA at a lower price. Germany gets mad, sinks a couple Mexican tankers and then Mexico declares war on Germany. That's a RL example from history. Not Mexico wants to sell to USA but is forced to sell to Germany because they offered more money.

Regardless, I support my interpretation of why the game designers built it this way. It is a business, and needs revenue to operate, and this function encourages that. That's a good thing because I get to play, which makes me happy.
      The funny thing is that this is a world war 3 game.
      Irl that is the reason China trades with the USA the most, and not with Pakistan or Russia as much.
      And it's the reason USA trades with EU.
    • ewac123 wrote:

John B Dixie wrote:

Hey ewac123, I'm not blaming anyone, nor am I that particularly invested in the issue, and once I realized it existed I stack the market too, it's a feature I use it. Nor am I anti gold players. If it weren't for people that can afford to spend money there wouldn't be a game for me to play, though I am not able to do so myself.

Why is not a valid defense?
      Maybe we should add rubber ducks and floating hippos.
      What's your defense?
      AND, ... ??? C'mon, you know!
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• We seem to be talking at cross purposes. In the real world gaining cash is the point, so everyone always takes the highest price, of course.

In a global conflict supporting an ideology would be the point not gaining cash. And what I am trying to express is that there would not be/ could not be any mechanism that would force a country to sell resources to the highest bidder, nor prevent them from selling to a lower bidder if they so choose.

So let's use a current example... North Korea. There is no function of a RL market that would force anyone to sell to North Korea if they did not want to. Doesn't matter how much North Korea offers for oil, if Canada wants to sell oil to the USA for less than North Korea is offering they can (and do).

Again I am not upset by this function and I understand why it exists, I just want to bring you around to my point of view.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

John B Dixie wrote:

Why is not a valid defense?Maybe we should add rubber ducks and floating hippos.
      What's your defense?
      AND, ... ??? C'mon, you know!
      And, MUTANT CAMELS...
    • John B Dixie wrote:

We seem to be talking at cross purposes. In the real world gaining cash is the point, so everyone always takes the highest price, of course.

In a global conflict supporting an ideology would be the point not gaining cash. And what I am trying to express is that there would not be/ could not be any mechanism that would force a country to sell resources to the highest bidder, nor prevent them from selling to a lower bidder if they so choose.

So let's use a current example... North Korea. There is no function of a RL market that would force anyone to sell to North Korea if they did not want to. Doesn't matter how much North Korea offers for oil, if Canada wants to sell oil to the USA for less than North Korea is offering they can (and do).

Again I am not upset by this function and I understand why it exists, I just want to bring you around to my point of view.
      DoD Bot.jpg
      The KING of CoN News!!!