Market Suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Market Suggestion

I just recently saw the post on "market fix," and saw a reply that got me thinking. In the diplomacy tab, there should be a way to close and open trading with specific people. For example, Russia and China have a conflict, and both Russia and China remove the ability for either to buy materials from one another on the market.
      Seems like a simple addition that would some more life to diplomacy. Moreover, it gives players more power to effect another country without needing to declare war.
      What are your thoughts?
    • StopThereCowboy wrote:

I just recently saw the post on "market fix," and saw a reply that got me thinking. In the diplomacy tab, there should be a way to close and open trading with specific people. For example, Russia and China have a conflict, and both Russia and China remove the ability for either to buy materials from one another on the market.
      Seems like a simple addition that would some more life to diplomacy. Moreover, it gives players more power to effect another country without needing to declare war.
      What are your thoughts?
      People at war already can't trade.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

StopThereCowboy wrote:

What are your thoughts?
      People at war already can't trade.
      Interesting. I still think that this should just be a feature. The whole point is that it is mimicking a trade embargo in a very simple way. It gives more power to every player individually. If a country doesn't conform to your will, and you are trading supplies he needs, you can change the status of if they can access your wares without the need to declare war. It adds a layer of diplomacy that this game needs.

In a hypothetical situation, on day 3, China and the US would not go to war because it isn't logical. But China may do something the US doesn't like, so the US restricts their markets from China, and the US's alliance does the same. Now, when China goes to buy anything from the market, they can't buy or sell to US or their allies. As a result, China cant get as many supplies or electronics as they would want. Again, hypothetical, but totally plausible.
      I don't see how this could be abused, and at the very least, makes the market system feel more in control.
      It would be cool to see articles published about it as well.
      "US restricts trade with China," "Russia Restricts trade with Isreal," etc. The developers if they really wanted to spice it up could add in a "reason for restriction" option before confirming to restrict trade, where the nation restricting the trade can type a personal message about the situation that appears in the newspaper. "US restrict trade with China. [insert name], leader of the US had this to say: "China attacked our trading partner, so we are restricting trade." Just a thought,
      The developers, if they are worried about abuse, could make it so that once you restrict trade, you can't reverse the decision for another day, giving some consequence for the action.