Bribe NPC country

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bribe NPC country

It is not uncommon in war that a powerful country will cut backroom deals, bribing countries to carry out attacks. CON could have a very interesting feature that allows for players to bribe a small NPC country to carry out an attack against a specified country.

Firstly, NPC countries are not all that strong to begin with. They may have one or two troops and do not do a whole lot other than act as fodder for countries on day one. Giving them a larger role in the game would act as a way to make the geopolitics stand out, and could possibly help apply pressure to enemies, acting as a surprise to any country. Bribing a country is unknown to the player attacked and everyone else but the player who bribed initially. That is unless someone uses a spy. Spies, if sent to the capital of a country or the country in question can gather intelligence of whether the NPC country is being bribed. This could also make it so additional countries can also find this out, and possibly use the intel to their advantage by swaying public opinion, adding in more opportunity for RP and in-game politics :whistling:

However, bribes should be fairly expensive, and take some time to carry out orders. First, bribing a country should cost a lot. My guess would be somewhere in the ballpark of 30-60k. This makes it expensive, and not easily abusable. But if your country is making enough money to do it, it is an option.

You could also purchase troops for the NPC country to attack with, which could be a replacement for the idea of buying troops off a market. For example, bribing a country to wage an attack costs 60k for two troops. For every additional 20-50k you spend (the money is arbitrary) , you can purchase troops of either mobilized infantries or CRV for that country to a maximum of +5, a total of seven maximum who all attack a specified location in a single battalion. However, for every one additional troop purchased, the deployment time is increased by 7 hours.

Deployment times for the attacking NPC country should be pretty long. It should initially take one day to deploy two troops. For every troop purchased, an additional seven hours is added, to a maximum of 59 hours until deployment, or around 3 days. This gives time for the opposing country to learn of the attack, and possibly react. Or pay the bounty off to stave off the attack. Moreover, if a country wants to use this attack as efficiently as possible, it'll need to be planned days in advance.

The troops deployed are also decent. The troops deployed increase in level as the days go on, so attacking with them is still somewhat viable.

This suggestion highlights the many positive aspects of CON. It gives players the opportunity to get political and offers a way for countries to secretly cause disruption for people. It also gives spies a minor upgrade, giving them more roles, however small. This also is a good aspect for long-term strategy. Purchasing these troops requires a lot of time and money, but offer a way to stick a thorn in your opponent's side without them seeing you.
      It also gives money a larger role that actively changes the map in a visible way, and could act as a way to grow power and influence in the world. For example, you could pay a country to take over an inactive player (it'll cost a ton of money) that could eventually attack a superpower. They wouldn't have enough troops to take over the country, just enough to cause some serious harm. However, other countries could secretly win over the NPC country if one player pays more money :evil: .
      just ideas.
      What are your thoughts?
    • OK, ... sit down.

Are you sitting? Oh, you already were. You should really disable that webcam, but that's not important now.

Are you ready?

'Cause here it comes, ...

I LIKE this idea.

Sure, I'm sure like anything else it could be abused, but I think it would add fun without much change to the game overall. No one is likely to get knocked out because of invasion from 1 city countries, and it might even be in Dorado's interest because some people might buy gold to get the cash to have every 1 city AI country in the area attack someone.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD