Special forces, Air to ground attackers and bombers rework

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Special forces, Air to ground attackers and bombers rework

I believe that there should be two types of bombing you can do (Both will work on regular bombers) Strategic bombing and precision bombing. When you send a squad of bombers or attack aircraft to a city i think they should be able to either bomb the entire city and damage all buildings (strategic) or bomb a specific building and do 3 times the damage normally done but the bombs dont damage any other buildings or any troops stationed there (precision.) Connecting back to a previous comment i made about power stations I think this will massively increase the need for aircraft and electronic warfare as I see not many players research aircraft.

About the power stations I mentioned they were static building (like lvl 1 ports that cant be upgraded) but when destroyed they will give defending forces a -25% defense debuff counteracting the entrenchment bonus and stopping mobilization until the power station is rebuilt. I also think that more units should have the detect stealth ability (within reason)

My idea about special forces is a little different. I think that when special forces arrive at an undefended city they should be able to plant bombs on a timer and every hour that passes the bombs will have a 5% chance to be detected and destroyed. These bombs can be planted on a specific building and only that building will get damaged but it will do 3x the damage special forces normally do in 5 hours. (This bomb will take somewhere between 2-4 hours to plant .) A second maybe less popular idea for the bomb is that they can set proximity detonated explosives in a city or province (max of three at one time) that when any forces friendly or foe cross over that province they will take damage equal to that of a bombing run from 1 heavy bomber
    • I’ve brought this up on some threads before. Bombers and Special Forces are not too useful in game and they have a lot of potential if they are reworked. Something else I would like to see with bombers as well as towed artillery is the ability to use warheads from your inventory. Nuclear missiles are not the only delivery systems and it would be cool to see these units deploy them via bombs and shells
      Yee Haw
    • bigman wrote:

arms industries only have a 10% bonus at level 1 and the impact would only be about a couple hundred resources per day assuming you have lvl 2-3 arms industries what are you talking about
      ?

If someone has maxed arms industry then losing it in addition to lost morale and population would bring the resource production to nothing. Destroying a lvl 5 arms industry in a homeland province is a massive blow to the enemy and will have serious effects later in the war
      Yee Haw
    • bigman wrote:

I guess nuclear bombs would be pretty cool but what is the advantage over misiles, and also simple towed artillery shouldnt be able to fire warheads i think that should reserved only for MLRS's to make them more prevalent
      The advantage would be not having to research the missiles. All you would have to do is get the warheads and deploy them.

MRLS is already an amazing unit in game. Why would it get this ability? They would become overpowered and make the other artillery even more obsolete. Certain forms of towed artillery could -and did- fire nuclear warheads in their shells.
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

I’ve brought this up on some threads before. Bombers and Special Forces are not too useful in game and they have a lot of potential if they are reworked. Something else I would like to see with bombers as well as towed artillery is the ability to use warheads from your inventory. Nuclear missiles are not the only delivery systems and it would be cool to see these units deploy them via bombs and shells
      But muh special forces can take out enemy AA's and artillery with ease though. Literally just build a 10 stack of SF and hope to god they don't have stealth finding radars. Have done this exact strategy in mid-game against a player that already had lots of theater defense systems, you can guess what happened to his homeland soon after. (anecdotal evidence is best evidence btw)
    • Kalrakh wrote:

So many units can fire CM, they were obsolete from the start. Probably just there because of all missile have launchers.

Even the limited range and speed makes them already pretty obsolete.
      In all of my games, I have made a grand total of 1 CM Launcher (Just for Chits and Giggles) but I realized, there is no way to PROVE that fact, as missile launchers seem to have no stat, and therefore I guess don't count for anything in your statistics.

Kill all the missile launchers you want, receive no credit!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Col. Mac wrote:

No point to an artillery-type unit to launch a warhead. If you want a mobile nuclear/ballistic/cruise missile launcher then just research and build the ones the game offers in the missile tab. I haven’t seen anyone use one yet, but I’m still relatively new to the game.
      Some reasons why I think artillery should be able to launch a warhead:
      -Gives more purpose to towed artillery. In the current meta of the game, towed and mobile artillery are outclassed by MRLS in almost every way. MRLS can also deploy nukes
      -Perhaps someone does not want to build missiles but still wants a way to use warheads
      -Nuke shell cannot be intercepted like missile can, making them a viable alternative
      Yee Haw