Function needed to reset AA timers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Function needed to reset AA timers

Currently in a match in which another player times the AA cycle allowing him to fly into a SAM lvl2 (8x) protected area, patrol, do damage and get out without taking SAM damage (only basic defence damage).
      Apart from this being close to a bug, this tactic is supported by CON news that publishes the exact time AA fires. This info can be used to time an AA cycle.
      It is further supported by the fact that in a multiple AA stack all AA synchronise
      There is nothing to counter this strategy.
      I suggest either:

> a player-controlled reset button;
      > a computer-generated random element;
      > AA in the same stack is automatically put on different cycles (evenly spread over the base cycle of 10 minutes);
      > simple way to start is by removing the minutes from the CON news reports.

When first confronted with it I thought it was a bug.
      I still think it is a bug put a programmed one.
      Actually, it takes the fun out of the game.
      It is frustrating to see 8 SAMS almost defenceless.
      And not fair because there is no known way to change the SAM behaviour.
      Nukes don't conquer cities, boots do :evil:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Duinenstruiner ().

• Duinenstruiner wrote:

Currently in a match in which another player times the AA cycle allowing him to fly into a SAM lvl2 (8x) protected area, patrol, do damage and get out without taking SAM damage (only basic defence damage).
      Apart from this being close to a bug, this tactic is supported by CON news that publishes the exact time AA fires. This info can be used to time an AA cycle.
      It is further supported by the fact that in a multiple AA stack all AA synchronise
      I suggest either:

> AA in the same stack is automatically put on different cycles (evenly spread over the base cycle of 10 minutes);

If you have 8 SAMs, don't put them into 1 stack, put into 2, so one will always defend the other. Then mix in some other units, so he the damage does not get purely done to the SAMs.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Duinenstruiner wrote:

I suggest either:

If you have 8 SAMs, don't put them into 1 stack, put into 2, so one will always defend the other. Then mix in some other units, so he the damage does not get purely done to the SAMs.
      You could make them cover from a distance, but wouldn’t you miss out on point defense bonus?
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Duinenstruiner wrote:

I suggest either:

You could make them cover from a distance, but wouldn’t you miss out on point defense bonus?

Support units tend to take more damage than other units and SAMs are really low on life, so relying on point defense is not a effective strategy.