ARMORED ENGINEER VEHICLE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ARMORED ENGINEER VEHICLE

M1150 ABV (Western Doctrines)

Info:

The Breacher
      is fitted with two launchers for mine clearing line charges,
      mounted on the rear of the superstructure. These are rockets,
      carrying explosives up to 100-150 m forward, detonating mines, bombs
      or IEDs at a safe distance. In this way it makes safety lanes in the
      minefields for troops and armored vehicles.
      The ABV is capable of supporting the current fleet of US Marines armored vehicles, including the M1A1 Abrams MBT.
      A superstructure of the ABV is fitted with the latest explosive reactive armor package. It provides higher level of protection against anti-tank weapons with HEAT warheads, such as RPG rounds. This breaching vehicle is heavily armored and can withstand mine damage.
      The Assault Breacher Vehicle is operated by a crew of two, including commander and driver. It has an option for remote control and can be operated from a distance without the crew. This combat engineering vehicle is armed with a cupola-mounted 12.7 mm machine gun, which is operated by the vehicle commander.
      The Breacher is powered by Honeywell AGT1500 gas turbine engine, developing 1 500 hp. It is a multi-fuel engine, which can run on kerosene, diesel, petrol or aviation fuel. It has servicing intervals significantly longer than of diesel engines, however it is troublesome to maintain and has very high fuel consumption comparing with diesels. Engine can be replaced in field conditions within 30 minutes. This armored engineering vehicle has speed and mobility to keep up with Abrams tanks during combat operations. The Assault Breacher Vehicle also has a deep fording capability.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • UBIM (modern version from (IMR-2) (Eastern Doctrines)

The UBIM can dig and fill ditches, remove obstacles, create
      safe passages through minefields, recover stuck tanks and so on.
      Even though this machine is very versatile, it can not fulfill most
      roles as good as specialized machines.
      The UBIM has a multi-purpose arm, which can be used for digging and obstacle removing operations. In travelling order this arm is traversed to the rear.
      There is a large front-mounted dozer blade. It can be used in a V-shaped or straight configuration. In bulldozer mode the blade is 4.5 m wide. It is used for earthmoving operations, grading, road clearing, filling ditches and obstacle removal. It can follow terrain contours. During earth working operations the dozed blade has a capacity of around 200-250 m³/h capacity. When not in use the blade is folded upwards.
      This armored vehicle is well protected and can operate on the battlefield under enemy fire. Add-on armor kit can be fitted for a higher level for protection. Vehicle is equipped with NBC protection and automatic fire suppression systems. Also there are smoke grenade dischargers. Russian armored engineer vehicles, including older ones, were specially designed to operate in contaminated environment and areas hit by nuclear weapons.
      There is a powerful hydraulic jackhammer at the rear of the hull. It can be used to break up concrete. This jackhammer can be removed and replaced with other hydraulic equipment.
      The UBIM is fitted with recovery winch. This machine can be used to recover damaged, swamped, stuck, immobilized and overturned tanks and other combat vehicles.
      This armored engineer vehicle can be also equipped with mine clearing plough.
      The UBIM has a remotely-controlled weapon station with a 12.7 mm heavy machine gun with 1 200 rounds of ammunition. This weapon is used for self-defense. It is effective against lightly armored vehicles and can also engage helicopters.
      This engineer vehicle is operated by a crew of 2, including driver and vehicle commander/operator. It can carry 3 additional engineers, sappers or dismounts.
      The UBIM uses the same V-92S2F multi-fuel engine, as the T-90M tank. It develops 1 130 hp.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • Trojamx AVRE (European Doctrines)

The Trojamx is fitted with a full-length mine plough, that pushes mines out of the way to clear a safe path for following vehicles. A clear lane marking system can also be fitted. The mine plough can be easily replaced with a dozer blade. The excavator arm is used for earth works, grabbing and moving obstacles, placing fascines. The standard bucket has a 1 m³ capacity. Bucket can be replaced with other attachments. The arm lift capacity is 6.5 tonnes.
      This vehicle can carry fascines and drop into ditches. Also it can tow a trailer carrying Python rocket-propelled minefield breaching system.
      The Trojamx combat engineering vehicle has the same level of armor protection as the Challenger 2 MBT. It provides a very high level of protection against direct fire weapons. If required additional armor can be added. Vehicle also has enhanced protection against landmines. There is an NBC protection system for the crew, so this engineering vehicle can operate in hazardous environments.
      This combat engineering vehicle is armed with a remotely controlled 7.62 mm machine gun for self-defense.
      The Trojamx has a crew of three, including commander, driver, and operator.
      This combat engineering vehicle is powered by a Perkins CV12 TCA turbocharged diesel engine, developing 1 200 hp. Vehicle is also fitted with auxiliary power unit, which powers all systems, when the Trojamx is stationary and the main engine is turned off.
      Another new British armored engineering vehicle, designed in-line with the Trojamx is the Titamx armored brigdelayer.

p.s. system no allow use this unit real name. n > (mx)
      Guns are always loaded.
    • Iron Rooster wrote:

If they do implement mine I think that they should not only have specific minesweeper vehicles but they should also add a mine-resistance upgrade that would be similar to the NBC upgrades where it would give vehicles(primarily armor and ground units) a higher damage resistance against mines
      AEV units are key through the minefield province. Without land mine damage.
      Guns are always loaded.

The post was edited 3 times, last by GunlessLands ().