Don't declare war automatically when a drone is shot down

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Don't declare war automatically when a drone is shot down

I suggest that war be declared only if the drone carries a missile and that players could decide by themselves whether to declare war or not. The reason is that a drone that's just scouting doesn't represent a direct threat. I understand that players can negotiate so that the owner of that drone moves it back to his territory, but it's not that wise if the drone has gone too deep into your territory.
    • zneigras wrote:

I suggest that war be declared only if the drone carries a missile and that players could decide by themselves whether to declare war or not. The reason is that a drone that's just scouting doesn't represent a direct threat. I understand that players can negotiate so that the owner of that drone moves it back to his territory, but it's not that wise if the drone has gone too deep into your territory.
      How will you determine that? It's not like missiles are actually physically associated with missile delivery systems. Once you have the tech and the warheads, you can fire. But you could have the tech and the warheads but if it is shot down, it's not like you lose a missile (warhead) so whose to say if there was one on board?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I like the idea because id adds mor realism to the game.
      If scouting of a drone didn´t declare war, it also should not declare war if you remove them by force.

Of course it is up to everyone to declare war becase your drone "went missing" during a mission, but it is as if you declare war because you are spied upon.
      I often feel a little helples when i see drones scouting me.
      If i let them do their job, i´m a subject to recon,
      if i shoot them, i´m provoking a war.

Attacks of a drone (as well as firing misiles) will automaticly declare war, this is normal,....
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"