Damage vs. Gunships (SAM)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Damage vs. Gunships (SAM)

Hello to everyone. Again i was surprised by this problem. i attacked a
      stack of units (2 MBTs, 2 MRLs, 3 Inf (lvl 5), 1 SAM (lvl 3), 1 Recon
      (lvl 1)). The Stack was located in OpenGround and not entrenched. i
      attacked with 3 gunships (lvl1) and lost 1 gunship and the other to got
      heavy damage (lost about 27 HPs). it showed, that the air-defense of the
      SAMs triggered.
      the recon has a def-val of 1.5 - the 3 Inf have 3x1.9 = 5.7 = 7.2)
      Theres not possibility that i lose so much Hitpoints!
      please refund my gunship or at least the resources!

Game: 3829378
      Event-Time: 9:45
    • Gunships are strong against Infantry, and poor against armor. If I saw that stack, I would attack with "Attack Helicopters" to take out the hard targets, my mix would have been 3 Elite attack helicopters and 2 attack helicopters. If I didn't have Elite attack helicopters, I would go with 4 Attack Helicopters and 1 Helicopter Gunship. When infantry only left, then I would just send 5 Gunships.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • MallahanJr wrote:

Gunships are strong against Infantry, and poor against armor. If I saw that stack, I would attack with "Attack Helicopters" to take out the hard targets, my mix would have been 3 Elite attack helicopters and 2 attack helicopters. If I didn't have Elite attack helicopters, I would go with 4 Attack Helicopters and 1 Helicopter Gunship. When infantry only left, then I would just send 5 Gunships.
      completely missing the point tho?
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • DerIrrePolterer wrote:

Hello to everyone. Again i was surprised by this problem. i attacked a
      stack of units (2 MBTs, 2 MRLs, 3 Inf (lvl 5), 1 SAM (lvl 3), 1 Recon
      (lvl 1)). The Stack was located in OpenGround and not entrenched. i
      attacked with 3 gunships (lvl1) and lost 1 gunship and the other to got
      heavy damage (lost about 27 HPs). it showed, that the air-defense of the
      SAMs triggered.
      the recon has a def-val of 1.5 - the 3 Inf have 3x1.9 = 5.7 = 7.2)
      Theres not possibility that i lose so much Hitpoints!
      please refund my gunship or at least the resources!

Game: 3829378
      Event-Time: 9:45
      It is my *belief* that disparate levels increases the amount of damage given/received. So you attacked a stack of mid-level troops with level 1 helicopters, I would expect to see you deal less damage and receive more damage than what the raw numbers would dictate. Also, tanks have a defense value against helicopters, and you may have suffered an additional penalty in sending helicopters that are poor against armor.

Still, having said all of that, you should not have triggered the air defense of the SAMs, which leads me to believe that you did indeed encounter a bug. I hope you reported it via the report bug mechanic in the game. If you didn't, you should.
    • DerIrrePolterer wrote:

i reported it ... it happened again ... i reported it. still no answer. not here, not anywhere else ...
      BE PATIENT.
      SAM does trigger, but no damage is done.
      The biggest problem with your reasoning is that you didn't tell us how many times the chopper attacked. if it attacked that stack many times, duh, it would take a lot of damage.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • DerIrrePolterer wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

You attack late game with level 1 gunships... lol, yeah, you are dead
      Thank you for you answer, full of content, explanations and usefullnes :)
      I know... :) but every single person with a brain agrees;)
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

DerIrrePolterer wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

everyone with a brain knows (or could at least imagine) that there are games and situations where this is the best option, so "first thinking, then writing" is good prase anyone should consider :D
    • DerIrrePolterer wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

DerIrrePolterer wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

everyone with a brain knows (or could at least imagine) that there are games and situations where this is the best option, so "first thinking, then writing" is good prase anyone should consider :D

DerIrrePolterer wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

DerIrrePolterer wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

NO