Need some help on Resources

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Need some help on Resources

How do I increase my fuel resources If my Arms industries are at Lvl 4 or higher. I cant seem to increase it anymore. what am I doing wrong?
      Do you upgrade the surrounding areas too? is there something else in the game that I need to upgrade to gain more ? lol what am I doing wrong?
    • Luckymex15 wrote:

How do I increase my fuel resources If my Arms industries are at Lvl 4 or higher. I cant seem to increase it anymore. what am I doing wrong?
      Do you upgrade the surrounding areas too? is there something else in the game that I need to upgrade to gain more ? lol what am I doing wrong?
      If your arms industry in your "fuel" city is at 5, already, there is nothing* you can do to increase it further, you need to capture more "fuel" cities.

*- technically you can also grow your city larger and increase it's morale. Bunkers for morale, hospitals for growth. ... or it might just be a morale problem. Have you been nuking, bombing, bombarding or otherwise killing civilians? if so, STOP IT! ... at least for a while, and use conventional forces.
      or
      you might have too many dang units to support or a combo of morale and too many units.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Luckymex15 wrote:

If your arms industry in your "fuel" city is at 5, already, there is nothing* you can do to increase it further, you need to capture more "fuel" cities.
      *- technically you can also grow your city larger and increase it's morale. Bunkers for morale, hospitals for growth. ... or it might just be a morale problem. Have you been nuking, bombing, bombarding or otherwise killing civilians? if so, STOP IT! ... at least for a while, and use conventional forces.
      or
      you might have too many dang units to support or a combo of morale and too many units.
      That is not correct, there need to be 4-5 factors fullfilled to be at max productivity:
      - Arms Industry 5 [+50%]
      - Airport 5 [+25%]
      - Harbour 5 [+20%] (costal cities only)
      - Morale 100% (building bunker helps)
      - Population 10 (building hospital helps)
    • Luckymex15 wrote:

If it's late game, then your problem is the number/level of troops you have. See which units cost the most in terms of fuel maintenance and use them as the spear tip of your next attack. And of course, focus on taking fuel cities.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Luckymex15 wrote:

If your arms industry in your "fuel" city is at 5, already, there is nothing* you can do to increase it further, you need to capture more "fuel" cities.*- technically you can also grow your city larger and increase it's morale. Bunkers for morale, hospitals for growth. ... or it might just be a morale problem. Have you been nuking, bombing, bombarding or otherwise killing civilians? if so, STOP IT! ... at least for a while, and use conventional forces.
      or
      That is not correct, there need to be 4-5 factors fullfilled to be at max productivity:- Arms Industry 5 [+50%]
      - Airport 5 [+25%]
      WRONG, it was correct but incomplete, which DOA70 completed.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Luckymex15 wrote:

If your arms industry in your "fuel" city is at 5, already, there is nothing* you can do to increase it further, you need to capture more "fuel" cities.*- technically you can also grow your city larger and increase it's morale. Bunkers for morale, hospitals for growth. ... or it might just be a morale problem. Have you been nuking, bombing, bombarding or otherwise killing civilians? if so, STOP IT! ... at least for a while, and use conventional forces.or
      That is not correct, there need to be 4-5 factors fullfilled to be at max productivity:- Arms Industry 5 [+50%]- Airport 5 [+25%]
      I think it was more Nightgrave than myself, but ya know us undead types all look alike, so I can understand the confusion. ;)
    • DOA70 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I think it was more Nightgrave than myself, but ya know us undead types all look alike, so I can understand the confusion. ;)
      Yes, of course, but total disclosure: the only thing I cared enough about was saying "WRONG"
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• A wrong statement is a wrong statement. Being incomplete makes your statement wrong. ;)

"

DoD wrote:

Even more funny, because you corrected yourself later by adding morale and population with your * remark.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

A wrong statement is a wrong statement. Being incomplete makes your statement wrong. ;)

"

DoD wrote:

Even more funny, because you corrected yourself later by adding morale and population with your * remark.
      Wrong. Incomplete is not wrong, that's why there is a whole other word "incomplete" used to describe it.
      And, I didn't "correct myself later" that "*" was in there from the get go with me intending more elaboration after my main point. So, WRONG again.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Kalrakh wrote:

If you say "there is nothing", being incomplete in your statement, makes it wrong by default.

'Nothing' is an absolute statement, it is either correct or false.
      Bah, I don't care enough to continue.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Try capture fuel producing tiles and place local industries on these tiles.
      I believe a level 1 local industry is about equal to capturing a fuel city.

Maybe you get lucky and your nation starts with a fuel tile you can put local industries on, but if your low on fuel, there is always the market. I tend to sell some early fuel more a massive profit, some countries start with excessive fuel, some start with limited fuel so in that early game its always good to play the market.

Likewise you can spend gold to buy fuel.

Other then that, increasing moral is very important, if you find yourself low on fuel, consider making the fuel city your captial. I suggest this for any resource you are using alot of and have limited supply. The type of resource your captial produces is paramount to your military makeup. No point making AA/MRL stacks if your don't have a supply captial, likewise a Submarine rush is very hard without an electronics captial.

Upgrading airfields and naval docks give limited returns but still increase output.

Other then that, consider capturing fuel based homecities for a nice boost to your fuel.