Essay writing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @Colonel Waffles YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE POSTED THAT. IT'S A SCAM AND AN AD. WHOEVER WROTE THAT NEEDS TO BE BANNED FROM FORUM. Tap the link he gave to know more.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

@Colonel Waffles YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE POSTED THAT. IT'S A SCAM AND AN AD. WHOEVER WROTE THAT NEEDS TO BE BANNED FROM FORUM. Tap the link he gave to know more.
      OH! I just thought someone went insane.
      *** Warning: This poster is on double secret probation ***

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

I agree with this, but people usually don’t go through the time and effort to produce these. An essay on why MBTs are trash would probably be very informative and helpful, but who would go through the effort to write it?
      Why Multiple Rocket Launchers suck by CrazyStoner

MRLs are described in the current game of conflict of nations as the meta, a unit with high range, decent damage that can annilate an entire enemy army without taking a single point of damage. Despite what many players believe im going to tell you why MRLs suck and that any player building them is bound to lose their game of CON, these units are not only expensive, they are slow and painfully weak against any skillful player. Please please never consider this a viable way to win a CON game as you are in for disapointment.

First of all is the cost, requiring a level 4 army base the buildup for a single MRL is massive, taking almost 5 days to build your first MRL. That been said its more like 10-15 days as while trying to build a level 4 army base you have to defend your nation from would be aggressors. Due to the nature of CON most players are wiped out within the first week, by the second week around 2-5 alliances control the entire map and you may have 1-2 max of 5 MRL at this point. Please note because of the high cost of a level 4 army base that building 3 or more cities to produce MRL becomes extremely expensive and more suited to golders.

So you have 5-10 MRLs and its day 20, this seems like a best case game for your MRL's and now you want to put them into action, but now you have the problem of mobility. Without massive investment into research your MRL's are not going anywhere fast, you need to invest in airbases and enough research so you can airlift these massive launchers. Which leads us to tiles, jungles mountains and even oceans further restrict the movement of these units. While jungles and mountains reduce even the max speed of a MRL to 0.43, moving them by sea is by far the fastest but leaves them totally defenseless.

Lets consider a defensive nature of MRL where by enlarge you have a good tile advantage, you have a stack of 10 in a highly bunkered town and here comes the enemy. But you forgot a radar, opps, your range has now reduced to sight range of 25, but of course we should talk about a situation where everything is in favor of MRL, so you have tile sight, you have radars and you have AA. All the supporting cast for a strong MRL game. Opps the enemy sends aircraft with cruise missiles, there goes your entire stack? No you have AA okay here comes attack helicopters there goes your entire stack? no no here comes infantry, ya ya i got off two attacks before it engaged in melee combat and me 20 hp 2.2 def stack is oh... dead. But wait what about special forces and their stealth! well well well did you forget about recon, hence we talk about sight range again, but no you have a maxxed out ground radar and can see them ICMB splash damage opps. But hey, maybe, just maybe you have 5 MRLS and 5 Elite Rail Guns... the Dream right? wait wait wait, 4 MRLS, 3 Elite Rail Guns, 1 Radar, 1 Infantry Commander and 1 Tank Commander. So there it is, the best stack in the game, dealing a whopping umm 7x4x1.6... 30damage OH YEAH! wait what 30 damage!

As you can see, with limited speed, damage and the requirement of additional units, research and massive investment into army bases its highly likely you wont survive the first week, and if you do well even if everything is in your favor you can only hope to do about 30 damage every hour. So while you can deal 30damage every hour, move, and attack again. A single stack of mortar infantry with a single infantry commander can deal upwards if 80 damage per hour at a reduced range of 20. So you decide do you want 30damage at 100 range, or 80 damage at 20 range, i know which research tree id rather go, because lets be honest you can't go wrong at any stage of the game with infantry and their level 1 army base requirements. Of course is you like ranged units, you may consider a 10 stack of Elite Rail Guns that can deal a whooping 150 damage per hour at a range of 50 and can be quickly helicopter deployed.

Tune in nexttime when we talk about spy actions, civilian deaths and the reveal of your entire stacks composition.

The post was edited 2 times, last by crazystoner ().

• crazystoner wrote:

Colonel Waffles wrote:

I agree with this, but people usually don’t go through the time and effort to produce these. An essay on why MBTs are trash would probably be very informative and helpful, but who would go through the effort to write it?
      MRLs are described in the current game of conflict of nations as the meta, a unit with high range, decent damage that can annilate an entire enemy army without taking a single point of damage. Despite what many players believe im going to tell you why MRLs suck and that any player building them is bound to lose their game of CON, these units are not only expensive, they are slow and painfully weak against any skillful player. Please please never consider this a viable way to win a CON game as you are in for disapointment.

First of all is the cost, requiring a level 4 army base the buildup for a single MRL is massive, taking almost 5 days to build your first MRL. That been said its more like 10-15 days as while trying to build a level 4 army base you have to defend your nation from would be aggressors. Due to the nature of CON most players are wiped out within the first week, by the second week around 2-5 alliances control the entire map and you may have 1-2 max of 5 MRL at this point. Please note because of the high cost of a level 4 army base that building 3 or more cities to produce MRL becomes extremely expensive and more suited to golders.

So you have 5-10 MRLs and its day 20, this seems like a best case game for your MRL's and now you want to put them into action, but now you have the problem of mobility. Without massive investment into research your MRL's are not going anywhere fast, you need to invest in airbases and enough research so you can airlift these massive launchers. Which leads us to tiles, jungles mountains and even oceans further restrict the movement of these units. While jungles and mountains reduce even the max speed of a MRL to 0.43, moving them by sea is by far the fastest but leaves them totally defenseless.

Lets consider a defensive nature of MRL where by enlarge you have a good tile advantage, you have a stack of 10 in a highly bunkered town and here comes the enemy. But you forgot a radar, opps, your range has now reduced to sight range of 25, but of course we should talk about a situation where everything is in favor of MRL, so you have tile sight, you have radars and you have AA. All the supporting cast for a strong MRL game. Opps the enemy sends aircraft with cruise missiles, there goes your entire stack? No you have AA okay here comes attack helicopters there goes your entire stack? no no here comes infantry, ya ya i got off two attacks before it engaged in melee combat and me 20 hp 2.2 def stack is oh... dead. But wait what about special forces and their stealth! well well well did you forget about recon, hence we talk about sight range again, but no you have a maxxed out ground radar and can see them ICMB splash damage opps. But hey, maybe, just maybe you have 5 MRLS and 5 Elite Rail Guns... the Dream right? wait wait wait, 4 MRLS, 3 Elite Rail Guns, 1 Radar, 1 Infantry Commander and 1 Tank Commander. So there it is, the best stack in the game, dealing a whopping umm 7x4x1.6... 30damage OH YEAH! wait what 30 damage!

As you can see, with limited speed, damage and the requirement of additional units, research and massive investment into army bases its highly likely you wont survive the first week, and if you do well even if everything is in your favor you can only hope to do about 30 damage every hour. So while you can deal 30damage every hour, move, and attack again. A single stack of mortar infantry with a single infantry commander can deal upwards if 80 damage per hour at a reduced range of 20. So you decide do you want 30damage at 100 range, or 80 damage at 20 range, i know which research tree id rather go, because lets be honest you can't go wrong at any stage of the game with infantry and their level 1 army base requirements. Of course is you like ranged units, you may consider a 10 stack of Elite Rail Guns that can deal a whooping 150 damage per hour at a range of 50 and can be quickly helicopter deployed.
      i don't even know where to start being offended by this lmao :D
      I am the basline for opinions
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

could be summed up in "dealing dmg without taking any is far superior to dealing and taking damage"
      I am the basline for opinions
    • crazystoner wrote:

Colonel Waffles wrote:

Tune in nexttime when we talk about spy actions and civilian deaths.

If you go for MRL right from the start, you kind of failed in your planing right from the start.

Also this is not really an optimal stack, why in hell would you put everything into one stack? A Radar has a range of over 200, why do you even need it in your artillery stack? The only time to do that, would be to raid inactive countries with aggressive stance and setting a lot of waypoints.

Yes, RGs can air assault, but they need 1 hour to disembark, so any MRL would be already out of range before you even get your first shot and you would already have given them at least one shot for free. :)

Same goes for 80 damage stack of mortar infantry. You can deal 200 damage in one shot, and it would still not matter, if you never get in reach to even fire a shot. :D
    • Trololol.
      Umm you put radar in the stack so it doesnt get killed and you lose all situational awareness.
      Whos going to sit in a trench playing artillery duels with MRL? this isnt WW1.

But if you want to talk about "range" then lets talk about intercontinental ballistic missiles and the 75 splash radius.
      I think you'd need a 10 stack to reduce the shooting time down to 1-2 hours but you can always shoot a 10 missile salvo.

Then again nuclear cruise missile have splash damage and can be shot from aircraft... your MRL stack a little to close to another tile and boom hello splash damage. Like i said, its not WW1

I can write another essay, a part 2 if you will.