Insurgency

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• With one of the recent patches, Insurgencies have change.
      For what i read i throught that at a random time during the day an insurgency will trigger.

What i am finding, is there are large scale insurgencies that happen around 10pm and again at 3am the next day and instantly attack 10-20 cities at once.
      Also found that they spawn randomly throughout the day and its all rather confusing.

Could someone help me out here?

Is there an area of effect? like if in 1000 range radus 1 cities has an insurgency, does that mean the nearby say 5 cities wont have an insurgency for until the next day?
      Or is it all random where an insurgency can happen at any city at any time?

Played an entire day upto day 39 and still don't really understand the concept here.
      Seems to be all over the place and rather annoying having infantry stuck in cities, moreso when you have -14 moral because your captial is so far away ahahahah DERP
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Insurgencies are randomized every day.

They might happen day 2 at 4am, day 3 at 7pm, day 4 10am and so on

They also differentiate between core (day 3 5am), annexed (day 3 4pm) and occupied (day 3 7pm) cities, though most of the time it will only affect occupied ones anyway.
      Ahh so each city is split into 3 catagories and each catagory can spawn an insurgency randomly thoughtout the day.
      Im assuming this is specfic to each individual player? and if i capture a city after the insurgency timer, it will not spawn rebels before the day ends?

The post was edited 1 time, last by crazystoner ().

• What sucks it conquering a city at say 23:50 on 1 day and having to wait until like 21:45 the next day for the insurgency check, preventing you from popping out and scarfing up the surrounding territories which if you owned them would help prevent insurgencies.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Personally, I think insurgencies should be stronger.

I think they should spread much more quickly into rural provinces, and originate in them, as well.

I also don't think the chances of an insurgency occurring should ever disappear in "Occupied" territory - you should need to annex in order to get morale above the required level. If you are a foreign power occupying someone else's land, but you're not actually 'occupying' the place at all with any troops, then the population should just tell you to naff off and take back the city for themselves! Building an empire should require annexation - and perhaps reducing the resource costs of annexation would help balance this. I think this would add another strategic choice and give a proper use to national guard units - as crowd control in occupied territory. At the moment they're no use for anything, except perhaps as cannon fodder in dodgy meta-tactics.
    • WalterChang wrote:

Personally, I think insurgencies should be stronger.

I think they should spread much more quickly into rural provinces, and originate in them, as well.

I also don't think the chances of an insurgency occurring should ever disappear in "Occupied" territory - you should need to annex in order to get morale above the required level. If you are a foreign power occupying someone else's land, but you're not actually 'occupying' the place at all with any troops, then the population should just tell you to naff off and take back the city for themselves! Building an empire should require annexation - and perhaps reducing the resource costs of annexation would help balance this. I think this would add another strategic choice and give a proper use to national guard units - as crowd control in occupied territory. At the moment they're no use for anything, except perhaps as cannon fodder in dodgy meta-tactics.
      The got nerfed many times, because to many people were unable to handle them.