Opinions on Armor?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Recon is nice in the early game to prevent people from rushing you or maybe to rush you neighbours. Also usefull to scout your enemies and look for specs, even more when they learned to air assault. They also offer decent AA-def in early game.

AFV are nice meatshield and a cheap way to unlock the Tank Commander

Tank destroyers I so far only researched on a WW Z map.

Tanks I never really used.

Of Elite Tanks I only like the european, because of his nice AA-def stats, they also would give a slight damage boost.

Tank Commander is nice to boost your artillery with speed and damage.
    • armor in general is pretty okayish; as long as you arent fighting bigger stacks
      by far the biggest disadvantage of armored units is that while they're kinda made for fighting they really suck at it cuz with being melee you basically have to ram them into the enemy stack

about specifcs: basically what kalrakh already said
      about tanks i can only say that their lack of mobility and high research cost make them really not that good of a unit to invest upgrades into; but for eastern to get asap as early armor? pretty solid
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I personally love AFVs as they don't have tons of negative terrain modifiers like tanks do, they do good damage to infantry (especially basic infantry which everyone thinks is a spearhead unit), and can airlift before tanks. If tanks could get airlifted at midlevel then I would use them more. I like being able to "quickly" mobilize a unit to the frontlines half way around the world.

Tank destroyers are really fun to use when your opponent has mostly armor but I really don't use them unless I am European Doctrine.

I usually just focus on one type of unit for each class so I can upgrade them faster.
    • I like being able to deploy artillery from helicopters at level 4 and above. Level 5 TDs also have Air Assault, so you can use them to protect the artillery.

In general, I think the armour class is a bit neglected in terms of how they fit into the overall balance of things. You don't really seem to need them, and they're quite expensive to research and build. They feel like a bit of a luxury that you have so you can look flash.
      Perhaps they should be given a small range capability, like high-end infantry have with mortars, to make them more appealing?
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

Call of War addressed this in a very strange way, splitting armor into heavy armor and light armor. Can’t think of anything Dorado could do to change the armor meta without messing with artillery and such

Isn't "armor meta" an oxymoron?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Pyth0n wrote:

am i just a noob or are MBT's just bad ;-;

Teburu wrote:

armor in general is pretty okayish; as long as you arent fighting bigger stacks
      by far the biggest disadvantage of armored units is that while they're kinda made for fighting they really suck at it cuz with being melee you basically have to ram them into the enemy stack

about tanks i can only say that their lack of mobility and high research cost make them really not that good of a unit to invest upgrades into; but for eastern to get asap as early armor? pretty solid

Kalrakh wrote:

Recon is nice in the early game to prevent people from rushing you or maybe to rush you neighbours. Also usefull to scout your enemies and look for specs, even more when they learned to air assault. They also offer decent AA-def in early game.

Of Elite Tanks I only like the european, because of his nice AA-def stats, they also would give a slight damage boost.

I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Pyth0n wrote:

am i just a noob or are MBT's just bad ;-;

Teburu wrote:

armor in general is pretty okayish; as long as you arent fighting bigger stacks

Kalrakh wrote:

Recon is nice in the early game to prevent people from rushing you or maybe to rush you neighbours. Also usefull to scout your enemies and look for specs, even more when they learned to air assault. They also offer decent AA-def in early game.

thanks, I am playing as Mozambique and destroying with MBTs, AFVs, Mot. Inf. and Strikers/Gunships :D (oh and like 1 MRL but still haven't used it yet :P)