Rank Your Preference of Public Games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AncientWarrior wrote:

This is an interesting topic. In pub matches, I prefer 4x for the pace.
      WW3 4x is my clear favorite. I like the decision of doctrine and how it affects when your units are available. Also with everything not available day 1, you won't face max level infantry on day 1.
      Overkill 4x is #2 for me. I really enjoy the 100 players, 3 person coalition dynamic and the strategy behind the victory sites. The decisions you make on how to conquer and defend them vs just taking cities makes it a little more strategic then a regular map.
      Apoc 4x is #3.
      If Battleground USA was a 4x, I think I would enjoy it. But the 1x nature of it and mostly being brand new players makes it hard for me to enjoy it.

All that said, alliance matches on both the Med map and the world redux map are more fun then any pub match!
      Yeah, battleground for new players will not change. To the contary, they try to make tutorial maps more appealing to newcomers.

All this gave me the desire to try some 4X and learn to be relaxed about what happens on them. Not sure i'll be able to :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • BearI91 wrote:

1. WW3 x4
      2. WW3 Apocalypse x4
      3. Overkill x4
      4. WWZ x4
      5. Rising tides x4
      I rarely play games that aren't x4. I like being able to put something in motion and come back later or the next morning and see it finished
      patience.gif
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Opulon wrote:

All this gave me the desire to try some 4X and learn to be relaxed about what happens on them. Not sure i'll be able to
      watch out... i have taken the habit of going online in the middle of the night... 'am sorry if i woke you up last night dear, i was just getting some water...'

and it's not even challenges, it's public games... kinda sad to the eyes of anyone who's not addicted, i know