Stealth: What’s the deal?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Stealth: What’s the deal?

      I thought I had stealth and AA ticks figured out, until I didn’t.
      What’s the deal with stealth and AA in general. What determines damage ticks and such?
      I know that for units to visibly see the stealth, they have to have stealth detection and even then can only see within sight range. Here’s what I’m confused about. Let’s say stealth SF attacks in the following situations. What happens in each? Note the SAMs mentioned here do not detect stealth

      Infantry attacked; with SAMs in AA Envelope range. Will the SAMs be triggered? Will they always be triggered?

      Infantry attacked with ASF patrolling overhead. Will the ASF be triggered without “detecting” the stealth aircraft?

      Infantry with SAMs attacked. From my understanding both point defense and the AA envelope are triggered, dealing double damage.

      Hopefully someone can clear this up for me
      Yee Haw
    • Infantry attacked; with SAMs in AA Envelope range. Will the SAMs be triggered? Will they always be triggered?
      yes, always. (or should be)


      Infantry attacked with ASF patrolling overhead. Will the ASF be triggered without “detecting” the stealth aircraft?
      if SAM trigger their 10min check it will only shoot what detectable at that moment, so only shoot ASF. then there will be a window of 10min that you can attack ground stack in its AA range without trigger it AA.
      but if you use your SSF prematurely attack ground stack, it will trigger SAM and shoot both ASF and SSF

      Infantry with SAMs attacked. From my understanding both point defense and the AA envelope are triggered, dealing double damage.
      YES

      "They removed the double dip feature quite a while ago."
      is it tho? I tested it with missile and it work perfectly.
      no meta, I do what meta don't do and YEET them with ridiculous tactic. - IT YEET OR BE YEETED
    • playbabe wrote:



      Infantry attacked with ASF patrolling overhead. Will the ASF be triggered without “detecting” the stealth aircraft?
      if SAM trigger their 10min check it will only shoot what detectable at that moment, so only shoot ASF. then there will be a window of 10min that you can attack ground stack in its AA range without trigger it AA.
      but if you use your SSF prematurely attack ground stack, it will trigger SAM and shoot both ASF and SSF


      I think I was misunderstood. In this scenario, there is no SAM. Only an infantry unit and a ASF patrolling over it. The enemy SSF attacked the friendly infantry while the friendly ASF was right there over it. If what some say is true about the SSF simply being revealed upon attack then this one is true as well.
      Yee Haw
    • Kalrakh wrote:

      If often tested it with my choppers, MAA did not shoot, only defended. AA-action can still be triggered before or after the attack by the sweep.
      That’s strange. Are you sure? All the time I see that I have a TDS which has not attacked enemy missile by AA envelope is hit directly by missile
      The point defense is triggered, and it starts reloading, implying that the attack was also triggered. Maybe it’s different for aircraft and missiles?
      Yee Haw
    • Kalrakh wrote:

      As @playbabe pointed out, maybe it works different for missiles, maybe it does not really work as intended.

      I would really wish to talk with a dev about how AA mechanics are currently working and how they are supposed to be working, because there are many open questions for me.
      Though they would probably not want to talk with me, because of all these open questions. :D
      Q: "how does aa currently work?"
      A: "It just...does"
      I am the basline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

      Kalrakh wrote:

      As @playbabe pointed out, maybe it works different for missiles, maybe it does not really work as intended.

      I would really wish to talk with a dev about how AA mechanics are currently working and how they are supposed to be working, because there are many open questions for me.
      Though they would probably not want to talk with me, because of all these open questions. :D
      Q: "how does aa currently work?"A: "It just...does"
      Q: "Does it though?"
    • Kalrakh wrote:

      Teburu wrote:

      Kalrakh wrote:

      As @playbabe pointed out, maybe it works different for missiles, maybe it does not really work as intended.

      I would really wish to talk with a dev about how AA mechanics are currently working and how they are supposed to be working, because there are many open questions for me.
      Though they would probably not want to talk with me, because of all these open questions. :D
      Q: "how does aa currently work?"A: "It just...does"
      Q: "Does it though?"
      Id say so. Plane go woosh, AA go brrt, plane die
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

      Kalrakh wrote:

      Teburu wrote:

      Kalrakh wrote:

      As @playbabe pointed out, maybe it works different for missiles, maybe it does not really work as intended.

      I would really wish to talk with a dev about how AA mechanics are currently working and how they are supposed to be working, because there are many open questions for me.
      Though they would probably not want to talk with me, because of all these open questions. :D
      Q: "how does aa currently work?"A: "It just...does"
      Q: "Does it though?"
      Id say so. Plane go woosh, AA go brrt, plane die
      Sometimes yes, sometimes not though

      As I heard from a friend: Stealth Striker goes woosh, Frig goes: "Oh, that is a fancy looking cloud over there!"

      Or chopper goes woosh, MAAV next door: "Oh sorry, did you say something happened?"
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:


      I think I was misunderstood. In this scenario, there is no SAM. Only an infantry unit and a ASF patrolling over it. The enemy SSF attacked the friendly infantry while the friendly ASF was right there over it. If what some say is true about the SSF simply being revealed upon attack then this one is true as well.
      ASF will engage stealth aircraft
      yee learned that in hard way, stealth bomber airport with 5 ASF patrol over it. barley comeback
      no meta, I do what meta don't do and YEET them with ridiculous tactic. - IT YEET OR BE YEETED