Naval Healing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Zozo001 wrote:

badthc wrote:

how docks don't help ships heal quicker is one of the most unrealistic things about the game
      The game is not realistic, better get used to it.There is no such thing as docks here, either, just (abstract) naval bases that do not actually host the ships mobilized.
      ok I respectfully disagree,

Idk what's up with healing naval units so I don't want to comment on that, but I thought hospitals helped with that too.

No. For one thing, ships do not get into cities, ...

You can park/dock naval units in the port of most cities.

(I have run into a few cities on a few maps where I'm not able to park/dock in port) you know you are in the city by clicking the (I)nfo button and the status indicates that the naval unit is in port. The (i)nfo button of the city indicates the healing level, there's a trick where you park ground units as transports in the port to heal quicker (this only works if the navel version has less hp, for example ta have more hp as a transport so that wouldn't help).
    • Hakville wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

badthc wrote:

how docks don't help ships heal quicker is one of the most unrealistic things about the game
      The game is not realistic, better get used to it.There is no such thing as docks here, either, just (abstract) naval bases that do not actually host the ships mobilized.
      ok I respectfully disagree,
      Idk what's up with healing naval units so I don't want to comment on that, but I thought hospitals helped with that too.
      No. For one thing, ships do not get into cities, ...
      You can park/dock naval units in the port of most cities.

(I have run into a few cities on a few maps where I'm not able to park/dock in port) you know you are in the city by clicking the (I)nfo button and the status indicates that the naval unit is in port. The (i)nfo button of the city indicates the healing level, there's a trick where you park ground units as transports in the port to heal quicker (this only works if the navel version has less hp, for example ta have more hp as a transport so that wouldn't help).
      As Zozo and others have tried to explain, there is no such thing as “docking” in this game…hospitals and naval ports have zero influence on naval healing. Naval healing automatically occurs in all shallow waters and will heal your units at 2hp per day provided your units are not in combat.

If you wish to continue trying to “dock” your units to heal, that is totally fine— your units will heal, but most/all others players will not go into that needless trouble.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

As Zozo and others have tried to explain, there is no such thing as “docking” in this game…hospitals and naval ports have zero influence on naval healing. Naval healing automatically occurs in all shallow waters and will heal your units at 2hp per day provided your units are not in combat.
      If you wish to continue trying to “dock” your units to heal, that is totally fine— your units will heal, but most/all others players will not go into that needless trouble.
      when I start a game,
      I'll post a screenshot.