Dear DORADO Devs, ... We NEED ...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dear DORADO Devs, ... We NEED ...

Dear Dorado Devs, Look, we realize you have your hands full with issues such as day to day bugs, ensuring Season Six remains in Eversoon status, adding new censorship features to the News, the impending Super-Buff of the MRLS, and many other pressing concerns, but ... when you guys get some time, this thread will list some simple enacted changes ... that we loyal CoN fan/players NEED ...

1.) A second version of the WWZ Map - Now, when I say that, I don't mean a redesign of the actual "Map" but a second version that includes the zombies before their double nerfing. You could call it OG WWZ, or Classic WWZ, and to avoid complaints, restrict it by a certain rank and note in the description that the zombies are faster and stronger. You can of course keep the WWZ maps/games you have now, but add these as a separate event map. Kind of like the difference between the classic George Romero zombies (WWZ as it is now) and the new 28 days later/World War Z zombies (the un-nerfed zombies) ... but if you guys really want to get crazy, on Halloween, you could offer the Dystopia War Map -
      OG WWZ/Overkill/Apocalypse/Rising Tides -OG Zombies Using the Rising Tides Map with Victory Sites, 128 players Overkill, and the Apocalypse Tech availability!!!

2.) That long needed Game sort redo - You guys HAVE to know that the current sort options when looking for a new game are not only useless, but kinda a bit insulting. They give the illusion of a tool for sorting without the functionality of sorting by any useful metric. It's like giving us regular toilet paper packed in water. Please scrap the current one and enact one where you can sort by 1X, or 1X, or 4x, and the ability to choose what Map, Flashpoint/WW3/BG USA/Western Theater/or Event Maps, you would make so many people so happy. P.S. and it would be nice that if when you refreshed this page, it would, um, refresh that, not pop you back out to the "My Games" tab.

3.) <Other players well thought out suggestions here>

And lastly, Thank You Guys/Gals (saw the picture) for all your hard work and providing a wonderfully awesome game experience, that has provided myself and many others with many uncounted (because if we counted them, we'd have to admit we're a little crazy) hours of absolute enjoyment, and fun especially gratefully during these pandemic insanity times.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD

The post was edited 3 times, last by Dealer of Death: missed a word, causing bad grammar -fixed hours to others -added missed "OG zombies" to Dystopia War map description ().

• Well, i don't think that there are millions of people crying in anguish for the return of pre-nerf zombies, but yep, i would love to see them back :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Well, i don't think that there are millions of people crying in anguish for the return of pre-nerf zombies, but yep, i would love to see them MRLS Super-Buff, but ...
      Obviously it's not AS important as the impending MRLS Super-Buff, but ...
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Opulon wrote:

Well, i don't think that there are millions of people crying in anguish for the return of pre-nerf zombies, but yep, i would love to see them back :D
      Thing is, this wouldn't require much work (they should already have the coding from before) or getting rid of the current zombies for all the bad players.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• #3 I'm still hoping for evolving zombie hordes
      Display Spoiler
      , then I would finally face real enemies on the public maps

#4 Or any other option to have maps, which are not riddles by corpses
      Display Spoiler
      (the non-walking inactive ones)
      , because currently I feel no desire to play publics at all.

I mainly just did it to farm points for season, but not to enjoy the gameplay, because beeing able to conquer a flashpoint with ASF as only airforce/groundforce is not fun at all.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kalrakh ().

• Kalrakh wrote:

My screen is not about Season 6 though, but seasons for alliances ;)
      I'll be honest, ... I couldn't tell what in the hell your screenshot was supposed to be showing us.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

My screen is not about Season 6 though, but seasons for alliances ;)
      I'll be honest, ... I couldn't tell what in the hell your screenshot was supposed to be showing us.
      Which is kind of the point, it is so eversoon that most players already forgot or never even realised this 'announcement'.

#6 Specs stopping to declare war on an ally, just because they are air assaulting into a province center.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Dear Dorado Devs, Look, we realize you have your hands full with issues such as day to day bugs, ensuring Season Six remains in Eversoon status, adding new censorship features to the News, the impending Super-Buff of the MRLS, and many other pressing concerns, but ... when you guys get some time, this thread will list some simple enacted changes ... that we loyal CoN fan/players NEED ...

1.) A second version of the WWZ Map - Now, when I say that, I don't mean a redesign of the actual "Map" but a second version that includes the zombies before their double nerfing. You could call it OG WWZ, or Classic WWZ, and to avoid complaints, restrict it by a certain rank and note in the description that the zombies are faster and stronger. You can of course keep the WWZ maps/games you have now, but add these as a separate event map. Kind of like the difference between the classic George Romero zombies (WWZ as it is now) and the new 28 days later/World War Z zombies (the un-nerfed zombies) ... but if you guys really want to get crazy, on Halloween, you could offer the Dystopia War Map -
      OG WWZ/Overkill/Apocalypse/Rising Tides -OG Zombies Using the Rising Tides Map with Victory Sites, 128 players Overkill, and the Apocalypse Tech availability!!!

2.) That long needed Game sort redo - You guys HAVE to know that the current sort options when looking for a new game are not only useless, but kinda a bit insulting. They give the illusion of a tool for sorting without the functionality of sorting by any useful metric. It's like giving us regular toilet paper packed in water. Please scrap the current one and enact one where you can sort by 1X, or 1X, or 4x, and the ability to choose what Map, Flashpoint/WW3/BG USA/Western Theater/or Event Maps, you would make so many people so happy. P.S. and it would be nice that if when you refreshed this page, it would, um, refresh that, not pop you back out to the "My Games" tab.

3.) <Other players well thought out suggestions here>

And lastly, Thank You Guys/Gals (saw the picture) for all your hard work and providing a wonderfully awesome game experience, that has provided myself and many others with many uncounted (because if we counted them, we'd have to admit we're a little crazy) hours of absolute enjoyment, and fun especially gratefully during these pandemic insanity times.

Well written
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

@Dealer of Death you are the unbeaten Master of Meme...on picture of you says more then 100 badwritten typofilled posts of mine...
      My humble thanks, I do seem to have a knack. I had honed my meme skills on Imgflip as Meme-osis_Master
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

1)This won't happen. We don't see any demand from players for harder AI in the maps which makes it a harder sell in of itself. This being said - standard 1x maps have had a very low choice of selection as of late. We are going to be introducing more and bringing older events back into the mix - how many I can't say for sure. Need to analyse the data first.

2) I can't speak for game filters and sorting in New games - at the moment we are at a stage where we are overhauling much of this area - so while I cannot give details if this will include filters/sorting right now, it can only be considered at a later stage from now. You will be seeing some big overhauls in the later months of this year - if everything goes according to plan that is. Nothing is set in stone.

Kalrakh wrote:

We have some plans to counter this - can't say for sure when it will be implemented - but it is something we are aware of and want to improve. I can't disclose anything just yet. Though, I definitely suggest Alliances :)

Kalrakh wrote:

#5 Also there is this eversoon that only gets beaten by Halflife 3 I believe:
      Scrapped for the time-being. The ELO system is not up to our standard enough to warrant dedicated dev-time for Alliance Seasonal Leaderboards. Hopefully next year - but this is shelved indefinitely.

playbabe wrote:

more dev blog !
      I love hearing dev talking about issues, how they fixed them or why they don't.
      what idea is next on todo list and etc.
      Duly noted - will be sure to keep this in mind.

Kalrakh wrote:

#6 Specs stopping to declare war on an ally, just because they are air assaulting into a province center.
      Ha! this was fixed recently.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Yak wrote:

1)This won't happen. We don't see any demand from players for harder AI in the maps which makes it a harder sell in of itself. This being said - standard 1x maps have had a very low choice of selection as of late. We are going to be introducing more and bringing older events back into the mix - how many I can't say for sure. Need to analyse the data first.

EDIT: Whoops, should have said this first: Thank You for responding.

Sad, but apart from the desire to see OG Zombies because this was one of the main things that set the WWZ map apart from the WW3 map, I think the desire for this is in part a product of the drop out rate and number of inactive players. Anything you guys could do to address THAT would more than compensate for a desire for harder A.I. which in itself is born mostly of "If I can't play against people, at least provide more of a challenge in the A.I."
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Yak wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

We have some plans to counter this - can't say for sure when it will be implemented - but it is something we are aware of and want to improve. I can't disclose anything just yet. Though, I definitely suggest Alliances :)

Kalrakh wrote:

#5 Also there is this eversoon that only gets beaten by Halflife 3 I believe:
      Scrapped for the time-being. The ELO system is not up to our standard enough to warrant dedicated dev-time for Alliance Seasonal Leaderboards. Hopefully next year - but this is shelved indefinitely.

Kalrakh wrote:

Ha! this was fixed recently.

Looking forward to your planes in improving those situations.

Yes, I am glad this got fixed in the meantime, though there is still mystery open with specs:
      Are T2+ AWACS supposed to reveal the radar signature of specs in AIr Assault mode?