MOBILE HOTFIX: PROGRESS MADE ON BLACKSCREEN BUG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MOBILE HOTFIX: PROGRESS MADE ON BLACKSCREEN BUG

+ + + + MOBILE NOTICE + + + +
      Commanders,

For quite some time now we have been monitoring specific reports from players who encounter a black canvas where the map and units should be (ONLY ON MOBILE). In the past weeks we have made great strides in understanding the nature of the issue.

With the details at hand we have issued a hotfix today, which aims to further reduce these occurrences.

The current state of the issue is that we have fixed the problem which was causing the map render to break (causing it to turn black). The underlying code has not been fixed entirely though, as we are in the process of logging all data and information we can. This means that the map will no longer turn black, and players should remain unaffected.

With all this being said - we have not cornered all instances where the renderer breaks. The developers are still investigating other leads into what may be causing the renderer to break. It is important to mention again, that this issue is only present on Mobile. Should you have problems the Desktop client of the game does not have this bug.

Your cooperation on the matter is truly appreciated by the team, and we thank all the players who have come back to us to provide more information.

UPDATE: I have been informed that we have made further progress in the meantime, and are releasing a Hotfix tomorrow to further stop this bug in its tracks.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 3 times, last by Yak ().

• playbabe wrote:

I'm quite confused reading this.
      SO does this fix should be 100% fixed or not ?
      aka does the underlined code that going to be fixed is the sole reason of black screen issue
      Black screen for some issues is fixed, problem that was causing it isn't yet. In other words, players will be unaffected by bug, which was causing black screens. It's still there, but we fixed it from leaving your screen black.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Yak wrote:

playbabe wrote:

I'm quite confused reading this.
      SO does this fix should be 100% fixed or not ?
      aka does the underlined code that going to be fixed is the sole reason of black screen issue
      Black screen for some issues is fixed, problem that was causing it isn't yet. In other words, players will be unaffected by bug, which was causing black screens. It's still there, but we fixed it from leaving your screen black.
      You cured the symptom but not the disease.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Regarding your "fix" of the black screen issue: There is no black screen anymore after the traditional "Session expired: Your session has expired. Please reload this window to continue" message. But now you are beeing told that there is an "Error: Oops, it looks like WebGL is acting up. Restarting your device may fix this."

Plot twist: Restarting the device (my smartphone) does not fix it. When you want to login the same error occures all over again.

Well, I am really pissed about this issue. It exists right after an update once the mobile app was released. So, almost a damn year. Since I do some coding myself I know it is sometimes hard to find the bugs and it is sometimes even harder to fix the bug once you found it. But with this bug you really want to completely piss on me and the community, don't you? Which is fitting because I am already pissed.
      I reported the bug several times about the "Bug report" button in the desktop version, which just got me standard replies like "Thank you for your help. We will investigate the issue" and some like "Thank you for your report, but we cannot reproduce the said bug" (W T F ?!!!). This leads me to another curiosity: There is no functional "Bug report" button in the mobile app, which is really S-T-R-A-N-G-E STRANGE S T R A N G E because it is one the FIRST (sic!) things I would deploy in a BETA B-E-T-A B E T A (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, B E T A) mobile app, DON'T YOU THINK SO?!!! Answer to this rhetorical question: No, you do not. Because you give a shit about us. But what makes me truely sick is the fact that you pretend to care about your "valued players" and yet you betray us with your deeds. ITS SICKOMODE FOR ME. Y E S Y E S Y E S ! ! !

When I fully charged up my KAME-HAME-HA: I wipe out this entire shitland Malta and all its inhabitans. And if I'm in the mood I will do so with this whole stupid solar system, O K A Y?!!! [SIC SIC SIC SIC SIC!!!: P E N T A S I C] WHAAAAAAA!

Have a nice evening or day all together. :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by FeedbackAccount ().

• lol

Thanks you for your help we will investigate the issue.

Pleasantry apart, as you are a developer yourself, you can help with replicating the issue, we would value any log export and data. People that do know how to export crash logs and how the functions fuck up (and report it) are valuable.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • FeedbackAccount wrote:

Regarding your "fix" of the blackscreen issue: There is no black screen anymore after the traditional "Session expired: Your session has expired. Please reload this window to continue" message. But now you are beeing told that there is an "Error: Oops, it looks like WebGL is acting up. Restarting your device may fix this."

Plot twist: Restarting the device (my smartphone) does not fix it. When you want to login the same error occures all over again.

Well, I am really pissed about this issue. It exists right after an update once the mobile app was released. So, almost since a damn year. Since I do some coding myself I know it is sometimes hard to find the bugs and it is sometimes even harder to fix the bug once you found it. But with this bug you really want to completely piss on me and the community, don't you? Which is fitting because I am already pissed.
      I reported the bug several times about the "bug report" button in the desktop version, which just got me standard replies like "Thank you for your help we will investigate the issue" and some like "Thank you for your report, but we cannot reproduce the said bug" (W T F ?!!!). THis leads me to another curiosity: There is no functional "Bug report" in the mobile app, which is really S-T-R-A-N-G-E STRANGE S T R A N G E because it is one the FIRST (sic!) things I would deploy in a BETA B-E-T-A B E T A (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, B E T A) mobile app, DON'T YOU THINK SO?!!! Answer to this rhetorical question: No, you do not because you give a shit about us. But what makes me truely sick is the fact that you pretend to care about your "valued players" and yet you betray us with your deeds. ITS SICKOMODE FOR ME. Y E S Y E S Y E S ! ! !

When I fully charged up my KAME-HAME-HA: I wipe out this entire shitland Malta and all its inhabitans and if I'm in the mood I will do this with this whole stupid solar system, O K A Y?!!! [SIC SIC SIC SIC SIC!!!: P E N T A S I C] WHAAAAAAA!

Have a nice evening or day all together. :)
      Hi there - sorry to hear about the issues you have been facing.

I have contacted you directly in order to collect some more details on your device so I can forward it to our developers.
    • Having the same issue with 4x games I literally play for five minute and kicks me back to loading screen then 1 minute after being in the dang game I get kicked to a black screen sorry to tell the developers but you didn’t fix the freakin issue it makes the game unplayable which surprisingly I’d love to play the dang game. Fix it
    • Right now I have this Problem since yesterday about 7 am. Nearly 24 hours and it doesn't change. You must be joking to write this Bug is fixed....

I contacted "Support call of war" yesterday, but no one answered until now. Thats a poverty certificate for bytro.... and it is still not possible to Report a Bug via Smartphone. Ridiculous

The post was edited 1 time, last by doppla81 ().