Terroristic attack scenario

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Terroristic attack scenario

I've got this idea for a new scenario. Powerful terrorist organizations hit certain regions in the world. They are better equipped than the rest of the countries at the beginning of the game.
      1. The objective is not to beat the terrorists but get enough VPs.
      2. There can be alliances with 3 members max.
      3. The terrorist armies will be controlled by AI, but they will be much more aggressive than the classical insurgent attacks. First of all the terrorist armies can move and can spread very quickly especially into the territories of other AI countries or cities with low morale. If not fought, the number of terrorists will rise exponentially, though, at first, slowly. In other words, if no one fights them their numbers won't rise that much for some time and then will rise drastically up to doubling or tripling.
      4. Terrorists other than causing havoc in their region also can organize terrorist attacks in random cities. In this way, if Syria is hit by terrorists and the countries around are fighting them, USA or Europe can't ignore them, because they will periodically organize terrorist attacks (damage buildings, morale, resource production) in their cities with a success rate of 75%. The more are the terrorists, the more are the terrorist attacks.
      5. A bar will appear from time to time where countries can send a limited amount of money to the terrorists. In other words a certain country can sponsor the terrorists to increase havoc in the region, but the rest of the countries will know about that thanks to the newspaper section and will need to stop whoever sponsors the terrorists. This bar will only be available once per certain amount of time. Sponsoring will let the terrorists improve their equipment or rise their morale.
      6. the terrorists are not considered a country.
      7. Lastly, any terrorist attack will be done during the day change.

I don't think this is perfect and I'm not sure if the amount of coding needed for this will be too much. I think in such a scenario players will collaborate more. Also, maybe I've made these terrorists overpowered and that's obviously bad. What do you think?
    • Nice ideas.
      The biggest problem is if irl, someone really wanted to kill the terrorists, just send more occupying forces with bombers.
      Costs a lot, maybe come collateral damage, but that would eradicate the terrorists.
      Irl they didn't do that because... well I cannot explain Bush's logic.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Interesting idea @zneigras but what is your logic/justification for:

?

I mean if ANY game/map should have a justification for random terrorist attacks, THIS would be that map.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Interesting idea @zneigras but what is your logic/justification for:

?

I mean if ANY game/map should have a justification for random terrorist attacks, THIS would be that map.

Because the player can't know what's going on in the game while working or sleeping and if terrorists damage an essential building that's, for example, needed for the recruitment of a certain unit, then the player will have to check all the time to make sure that everything is ok. the game is unpredictable already, and if terrorists act too often some players will just get pissed off. So the terrorist armies can move and attack in real time, just terrorist attacks or terrorist rebrllions will happen only during day change.

The post was edited 3 times, last by zneigras ().

• ewac123 wrote:

Nice ideas.
      The biggest problem is if irl, someone really wanted to kill the terrorists, just send more occupying forces with bombers.
      Costs a lot, maybe come collateral damage, but that would eradicate the terrorists.
      Irl they didn't do that because... well I cannot explain Bush's logic.
      Well, that's the same idea. You don't kill the terrorists and let them cause havoc in other countries. Or maybe, you collaborate with someone that's sponsoring these terrorists and play a dual game with others, so you fight these terrorists, but avoid touching the other guy's (the one that's sponsoring them) interests.
      Let's say, if Turkey has invested 50000 money in these terrorists, and Russia comes and occupies all the lands these terrorists have taken, Turkey obviously won't like this and will apply countermeasures, because Russia is going against Turkey's interests.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zneigras ().

• zneigras wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

?

Because the player can't know what's going on in the game while working or sleeping and if terrorists damage an essential building that's, for example, needed for the recruitment of a certain unit, then the player will have to check all the time to make sure that everything is ok. the game is unpredictable already, and if terrorists act too often some players will just get pissed off. So the terrorist armies can move and attack in real time, just terrorist attacks or terrorist rebrllions will happen only during day change.
      Yes, of course which would accurately reflect how terrorists work, randomly. Sounds like you just want a way to personally deal with your own idea.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

zneigras wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

?

Yes, of course which would accurately reflect how terrorists work, randomly. Sounds like you just want a way to personally deal with your own idea.
      No, actually I get the chance to check the game every 1-3 hours. The problem with these new scenarios is whether people will like it or not. If terrorists destroy your buildings during the day and you don't get at least notified of it (and I think a push up notification for that is not a good idea) then you will just get pissed off. In real life terrorist attacks get immediate response, and limiting these terrorist attacks in the game to day change, players will get the chance to immediately respond as well (for example, if a crucial building gets damaged, you can rebuild it). Also, limiting it to day change will make it easier to implement.
      I might be wrong, though, as I've been playing this game for just 1-2 months, and more experienced players like you have e better understanding of the game.

The post was edited 2 times, last by zneigras ().

• Kalrakh wrote:

This sadly contradicts the devs vision of CON being a PvP game to much, I am afraid.

@Opulon and I also talked about some kind of horde mode, where players join as a team and have to fight up different waves of enemies every day, so that alliances could compete with a highscore with each other for example.
      Well, my idea is not a horde mode. As I said, the idea is not to fight an AI country but to use this country as a tool to win against real players. All the countries can quickly destroy the terrorists and keep playing as they want, but in other scenarios some players can help the terrorists to become even stronger and become an obstacle for the nearby countries.
      The reason why I came up with this, is that lack of cooperation, negotiations and the race for more territories is at some point annoying. Some countries just conquer dozens of cities from inactive/new players, some others are struggling against an alliance of active players.
      Also, note that every country has its advantages. The countries near terrorist countries have the chance to expand into these and conquer big cities, whereas farther countries can finance these terrorists so that they become harder to defeat.
    • Guess what?
      Equip the terrorists with super buffed MRLs and some mutant camels.
      Mutant camel act as deterrent so people don't build nuke.
      Fire nuke= Spawn mutant camel.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

Guess what?
      Equip the terrorists with super buffed MRLs and some mutant camels.
      Mutant camel act as deterrent so people don't build nuke.
      Fire nuke= Spawn mutant camel.
      Pure Genius!
      The KING of CoN News!!!