Coalition member who leaves when they have enough VP to win solo

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have one suggestion.Hold the victory announcement for 24 hours after he leaves the coaliton.If he is going to win solo he should be able to survive 24 hours alone.The 24 hour leaving period is not enough because you cannot take any action when he is in coalition and if he is smart he will leave the coalition at 23:55 so that when he leaves his coalition, his former coalition members have only 5 minutes to attack him and after 5 minutes the new day start and he win.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • Dracula wrote:

I have one suggestion.Hold the victory announcement for 24 hours after he leaves the coaliton.If he is going to win solo he should be able to survive 24 hours alone.The 24 hour leaving period is not enough because you cannot take any action when he is in coalition and if he is smart he will leave the coalition at 23:55 so that when he leaves his coalition, his former coalition members have only 5 minutes to attack him and after 5 minutes the new day start and he win.
      I think this is a reasonable idea. But, the 24 hours it takes for him to leave the coalition should be enough time for you to do something about it anyway, no? Like this:

Kalrakh wrote:

Just station infantry in all his cities
      You have a whole day to drop whatever else you were doing and move your units into his territory. You can even use the guy's own airbases to move your stuff in. And it's 4 against 1, so he shouldn't be able to cover all of you. As soon as he's out of the Coalition, all 4 of you should be ready to declare war immediately.

Was that not possible in your game?
    • Dracula wrote:

E z 8 tiger212 wrote:

I hope to God this has been brought up before but something needs to be implemented to fix this game breaking bug. You are 40 plus days in a war and top 2 coalitions are reaching victory, you ahould NOT be allowed to leave and earn a solo victory after months of hard work and strategy put in by other team members. Im tirdd of this
      I raised this issue long ago in following thread but they rejected my idea so I don't think they will take action now although I second your thoughts.
      :thumbdown:
      Players should not be allowed to leave the coalition after 1850 points.
      If someone has enough VPs to win solo, he should win solo. Actually we should stop Remora players that don't do anything but just login once a day to research a new Infantry lvl.

If a Team wants to win it needs that all his members play as a team and bring points to achieve victory. I've been on both situations, actually after reading this thread some days ago I thought I'd give it a try:

I ended with: 2581 points, and one of my allies ended with: 323. I am sure that next time I will only stick with allies that actually play, or just leave for solo.

The 323 points guy had a free victory... :thumbdown: Game ended on day 53 and I reached 1850 on day 42
    • Dracula wrote:

I have one suggestion.Hold the victory announcement for 24 hours after he leaves the coaliton.If he is going to win solo he should be able to survive 24 hours alone.The 24 hour leaving period is not enough because you cannot take any action when he is in coalition and if he is smart he will leave the coalition at 23:55 so that when he leaves his coalition, his former coalition members have only 5 minutes to attack him and after 5 minutes the new day start and he win.
      YES. Just like the members can see the notification or warning. Idk how but something would be better than nothing. And people will say, "Just attacked and steal their VP."
      In a sense, they aren't wrong, but neither are they right. If you are Australia for example and Romania is about to win, you cannot simply invade them and take their capital over night like they could Australia. (That is if headquarters were never relocated and doesn't happen that much from what I've seen so far)
    • To make it simple:

If one guy was able to collect about 1900 VP all by himself, which is a fuckton of effort. What did the others do? Just sit on their asses?

If you only check the game once or twice the game, while he playes for several hours, he deserves to win. He does not owe his coalition mates, to carry their asses into a win, if they failed to pull their own weight.
    • Around a month playing CON, twice been dumped from winning coalition, was number 2 on both and number 1 think I'm a good statistic booster lol. Shit happens, moving on to other game.

And now on current game, I'm number one having 1,400s points and number two having 400s points. 1700 points for solo, 2250 for two players. The coalition of 3 initially belong to former number one who thinks he could go solo and left the coalition. I fight and took his points eventually become number one. The current number two join sometime before former number one left. Day 40 - normal speed, and now I tempted to leave as well and fight number two out of pure boredom, the game mostly inactive players.

What you guys think? should I go solo, fight my number two and boost the statistic kill 130s of his units (mine was 90s units). There's also a chance this could be blunder. My unit mostly air force, while he seems well-balanced stacks.
    • ramadeus wrote:

I tempted to leave as well and fight number two out of pure boredom, the game mostly inactive players.
      I tend to archive games that get to this point. But if I wanted to finish it, I'd probably attack the number 2, yeah. The fun in this game comes from fighting wars and having interesting strategic confrontations between evenly-matched active opponents. Points accumulation is not fun. Not for me, anyway.

I play to win wars, but I don't particularly play to win matches. I don't care about stats at all. I don't even mind losing a war, as long as the battle is fun. If I were in your position, and I had a good relation with the number 2 player in your coalition, I would probably tell him in advance that I was planning to go to war, so that there wasn't too much bad feeling and to give him time to get ready - the war is probably going to be more fun that way. But if he wasn't very active or was acting like a jerk, I'd maybe just turn on him without warning.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

To make it simple:

If one guy was able to collect about 1900 VP all by himself, which is a fuckton of effort. What did the others do? Just sit on their asses?

If you only check the game once or twice the game, while he playes for several hours, he deserves to win. He does not owe his coalition mates, to carry their asses into a win, if they failed to pull their own weight.

Not everyone plays WW3 normal speed. Some games it's 2850.
    • E z 8 tiger212 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

To make it simple:

Not sure, what your point is.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

E z 8 tiger212 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

To make it simple:

Not sure, what your point is.
      that your point is irrefutable so arbitrary facts and arguments have to be used to lead it ad absurdum
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • WalterChang wrote:

ramadeus wrote:

I tempted to leave as well and fight number two out of pure boredom, the game mostly inactive players.
      I tend to archive games that get to this point. But if I wanted to finish it, I'd probably attack the number 2, yeah. The fun in this game comes from fighting wars and having interesting strategic confrontations between evenly-matched active opponents. Points accumulation is not fun. Not for me, anyway.
      I play to win wars, but I don't particularly play to win matches. I don't care about stats at all. I don't even mind losing a war, as long as the battle is fun. If I were in your position, and I had a good relation with the number 2 player in your coalition, I would probably tell him in advance that I was planning to go to war, so that there wasn't too much bad feeling and to give him time to get ready - the war is probably going to be more fun that way. But if he wasn't very active or was acting like a jerk, I'd maybe just turn on him without warning.
      I just wanted to finish as it's already 40 real days lol. We dont really has good relation, barely know each other and just race conquering everything. Previous two games I had so much fun in fighting that I don't mind losing. But this one is less fun, so probably by attacking number two it's gonna be fun. I did message him and explain the boredom for the reason of fight. Waiting for his acknowledgement before declaring war. So thank you for your input.
    • beyonder0 wrote:

I have 2000+ VP and our coalition has 3800. target is 5800. I'm so frustrated that good players in my coalition go offline for days only to appear once in two days. So what do you think I should do here. Also I'm kinda bored cuz I'm the only superpower in this game..
      Ig gonna quit
      If your coalition members aren't pulling their weight and go inactive then you might as well take the solo win. If they aren't playing actively that's on them.
    • The last game I finished I had enough to win solo and only two coalition members were actually doing anything. The other two were only drive-by Generals, logging on only every other day. It was making the game DRAG on forever. So, I told everyone I was going to leave the coalition so we could end the game because NOBODY would click the END GAME button either............ That went over well. I ended up back in the coalition and we did win. Just took a week longer than it should have. So, I understand.
    • E z 8 tiger212 wrote:

I hope to God this has been brought up before but something needs to be implemented to fix this game breaking bug. You are 40 plus days in a war and top 2 coalitions are reaching victory, you ahould NOT be allowed to leave and earn a solo victory after months of hard work and strategy put in by other team members. Im tirdd of this
      if one of your team has enough points for a solo victory...ask yourself...doesnt he deserve it?...didnt he do all the hard work and you were just there driving shotgun?
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

E z 8 tiger212 wrote:

if one of your team has enough points for a solo victory...ask yourself...doesnt he deserve it?...didnt he do all the hard work and you were just there driving shotgun?
      to be fair tho; if youre having a 5 man coa then someone getting enough VP to solo is inevitable, in fact, there’s probably like 2-3 ppl that could leave and win solo

but this issue frankly doesnt have an elegant solution so we’re stuck with the current system
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • If you have enough for solo win and the other members are far behind you because they're inactive then leave. If they're far behind you because they've been constantly getting attacked then you owe them to stay because they spilled blood against your enemies.
      i always tell the leading coalition member to feel free to take the solo win, unless they are snakes. I had one person who had 1600 VP because he kept stealing land from everyone in our coalition and he tried to leave the coalition. Me and an other member sent 40 strike fighters, cruisers, frigates, naval patrol, 20 choppers, SAM and a ton of infantry to his homelands and he cancelled it and we won the next day after as a team.

I just wanted an extra fight at that point lol. Was hoping he'd leave so we get a final blow. I had 140 warheads and max lvl cruise missiles.

The win is just a number, just try not caring about it. If the game got boring end it