Coalition member who leaves when they have enough VP to win solo

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Coalition member who leaves when they have enough VP to win solo

I hope to God this has been brought up before but something needs to be implemented to fix this game breaking bug. You are 40 plus days in a war and top 2 coalitions are reaching victory, you ahould NOT be allowed to leave and earn a solo victory after months of hard work and strategy put in by other team members. Im tirdd of this
    • >enough VP to win solo
      >hard work put in by other members
      if that dude has enough VP to win solo; but your coa hasnt won yet ...

and frankly; if i had to choose between going for the solowin and thus deny the oher coas their win or fightinng other coas with some randoms; solo win it is... not really any point in dragging out the game even longer and maybe even loosing when it could be ended

and it really isnt a bug lol you're just mad that the dude with the most VP ditched you

you even get like 24h warning that he's leaving also: dafuq do you expect random ppl on the internet to do? as soon as they have enough VP; them going for a solo win is something you should keep an eye out for
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • E z 8 tiger212 wrote:

I hope to God this has been brought up before but something needs to be implemented to fix this game breaking bug. You are 40 plus days in a war and top 2 coalitions are reaching victory, you ahould NOT be allowed to leave and earn a solo victory after months of hard work and strategy put in by other team members. Im tirdd of this
      It's not a bug, bud.

It's life, sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Solution: always be the guy with the most VP
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • E z 8 tiger212 wrote:

When you are looking to join a coalition, look at the players' stats. Compare their individual victories with their coalition victories. Honestly, if I saw a player with even my own ratio of coalition to individual wins, I'd be leery of joining with them for fear they'd use me as a springboard to get a solo win.

However, all is not lost. The amount of gold you win is based strictly on victory points you have. You don't get a single gold extra for being in the winning coalition. As far as I know, the *only* difference it makes is the victory stats. So, rather than viewing it as that person taking a crap on you, think of it as them doing everyone on the map a favor and ending the game that little bit quicker.

Please note though - I'm not saying its ok to do that. It is a Grade A douche move. Still, you can't control what other people do. You can only control how you respond to it. ;)
    • DOA70 wrote:

E z 8 tiger212 wrote:

When you are looking to join a coalition, look at the players' stats. Compare their individual victories with their coalition victories. Honestly, if I saw a player with even my own ratio of coalition to individual wins, I'd be leery of joining with them for fear they'd use me as a springboard to get a solo win.
      However, all is not lost. The amount of gold you win is based strictly on victory points you have. You don't get a single gold extra for being in the winning coalition. As far as I know, the *only* difference it makes is the victory stats. So, rather than viewing it as that person taking a crap on you, think of it as them doing everyone on the map a favor and ending the game that little bit quicker.

Please note though - I'm not saying its ok to do that. It is a Grade A douche move. Still, you can't control what other people do. You can only control how you respond to it. ;)
      BTW, that always chapped my ass, that you don't even get 100 extra gold for winning.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Many games play out with more then 5 people still active at the end of the game, with one clear winner that has dominated the game and everyone else are friendly and have worked together. Many games i see that alot of end game players have done little to nothing in obtaining victory?

But by far one of the biggest reasons is you take a 4x games where day 30 everyone has stacks of maxxed naval units, everyone has coastal defensese and everyone is a threat. Your tired, your losing units, and the enemy is making ICBM's, there are a bunch of none expanded countries you dono if they have be building for 30days or afk for 30days.

Its a team game, if you want a team win, then win as a team.

I believe its alot harder to claim a solo victory, i mean your literally talking about not just winning a game, but doing it with the highest score in your team. Amount of times come lategame that my allies are worthless, maybe thats on me for not micro managing them but end of the day i look at solo victories as the highest achievable status.

The gold reward for a victory is a joke, its not even a single infantry unit for your next game.

But standing up after 30-40 days and telling the world that your the superpower, that your economy military and tactics have expressively put you in the lead.

I dono man, last game i was America, my allies where usless, dragged me into the middle of an alliance fight when our alliance had 2 active players. Rolled Chad, just to get rolled over with nukes after my allie removed the chad buffer to europe. Fighting off 3/4 man naval aggression, an ally thats more like my enemy, i even throw a carrier strike force in at Serbia just to fall asleep from exhaustion after dropping 3 task forces.

And i still had another 2 carrier task forces, was building MRLs and AA, but was running low on strike aircraft.
      Its exhausting, i think we all wanted that game to just be over because it could have gone either way.
      And honestly, it just highlighted that mistakes were made, some units just feel bad man, some players feel worse.

I'm glad that game ended as a solo victory, because the victory was against a solo by enlarge.
    • Heck, I plan on doing this in a week or 10 days in a game. My coalition partner has gone AWOL but must have Inactive Protection, so he is leaving me to do all the work. Soon as I get withing a 150 or so of a solo win I plan dump him. Heck, I gain 1700+ VP and he does 370 or so. Heck, he had 450 or so before going AWOL, the Zombie armies of nations he is at war with are taking stuff from him and doesn't care, so SOLO WIn for me when that time come to Dump him.
    • Teburu wrote:

>enough VP to win solo
      >hard work put in by other members
      if that dude has enough VP to win solo; but your coa hasnt won yet ...

and frankly; if i had to choose between going for the solowin and thus deny the oher coas their win or fightinng other coas with some randoms; solo win it is... not really any point in dragging out the game even longer and maybe even loosing when it could be ended

and it really isnt a bug lol you're just mad that the dude with the most VP ditched you

you even get like 24h warning that he's leaving also: dafuq do you expect random ppl on the internet to do? as soon as they have enough VP; them going for a solo win is something you should keep an eye out for
      bro he wasn't in my coalition. It was the other coalition.
    • yeah because you both were in the game and knew all the adversities that had we had to overcome. Plus when you start off as someone such as Myanmar or Finland you automatically get a quick 501 vp. By day 10 you could easily have acquired a mass well over 1,000. That will bring attention to other high ranked players who will then join them to assume the easy W. Then your coalition sees the sense of urgency and if you are not coordinating and making the right moves, you cannot simply take those victory sites especially if the player is experienced and keeps then we'll defended at all times. If both of you have ever played overkill then you damn know what I am talking about.
    • playbabe wrote:

bro what do you want ?
      what you say are straight up good reason why they would win.
      that your point here? you simply upset that you lost to player that have more experience?

So each game your coalition carries you near victory and then you leave to get the solo win because your on the verge of losing means he's more experienced than me? From the standpoint of a cheap victory i would have to say your right. But I battle with my coalition till the end whether we win or lose. Not bail on them.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

If one player was able to get so many VP just by himself, maybe everybody else on that map did something wrong.
      If one player was able to get so many VP just by himself, maybe everybody else on that map did something wrong.
      Like getting "right of way" deals spammed the first few days early game? Because he was one of those types. Then when me and a member started closing him off, he offered and gave up everything to join us to stay alive. Fast forward a month irl, he bails to get the solo win. Should of never let him in the first place.
    • E z 8 tiger212 wrote:

I raised this issue long ago in following thread but they rejected my idea so I don't think they will take action now although I second your thoughts.

:thumbdown:
      Players should not be allowed to leave the coalition after 1850 points.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be