In defense of Germanico

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In defense of Germanico

I can confirm, that it is able to get Germanico to say Yes, I achieved it at least twice:
      - getting healing from twice a day to an hourly spread
      - and together with @Opulon, gaining Elite Challenges for gold free competition

You just need good arguements and a reasonable cause.

If you idea is half-baked and your pitch bad, you get the 'No' you deserve.
    • Germanicno is just a meme that makes me giggle, but yeah, Germanico always was inclined to put into motions good ideas if it didn't jeopardise the business, and if it was doable on the technical side without derailing the planning. Last year, due to mobile focus, it was mostly the "planning" that forbad new ideas and creative visions.

I do have a question, though. Why this topic ? :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Oh ok, just saw the other topic about the user asking who was germanico.

I will clarify some things : A lot of why i am in the staff in the first place is because the management in Dorado is one of the best and the most engaging for the community i've seen in my 10 years of online gaming.

I will defend them tooth and nail on their policy regarding feedback and suggestions : They always considered with the utmost diligence said feedback (through meetings and investigations), but they never accepted anything on the sake that a mob of players were crying out loud for something. To the contrary, i would say that it echoes my european mindset.

You want something ? Bring arguments, bring empathy, bring patience, and acknowledge the course of time.

Beside that, some lighthearted jokes about Germanicno or "you have been banned because you suggested to nerf MRL" are genuinely funny, and i'm convinced that DoD (the author of such meme) does use them as joke, not accusations or offenses.

But yeah, let's not confuse "some veterans are making jokes about the unavoidable flaws that exist everywhere" for the sake of the lol, and ludicrous (and undesired) attacks on probity or hard work.

When such accusation is risen, even mildly (i remember a "are they just incompetent ?" in the discord, in a feedback discussion), i simply walk away and put the conversation to a stop.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Germanico is the Big Guy, the boss, the numero Uno who is the primary driver behind providing us this wonderful game.

I am just a cranky clown trying to make people laugh with clever comments, that to me are obvious, tho sometimes may be unclear.

Even tho I have had no direct part in the accusations and disparagements in that other thread, but because my jokes have lead to it, I have sent a DM Apology to Yak, hopefully to be passed on to the Big G himself as well.

As a further action, I will no longer be employing the GermanicNo bot image even tho indications show even HE knew it was a joke. I suspect someone was just trying a backhanded way to get me in trouble.

This whole thing is sad, because I just want to help (sometimes) and make you all laugh (almost always)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD