Helicopters Soft Target Hard Target

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Helicopters Soft Target Hard Target

Hello everyone,

again i encountered a (for me) strange behaviour of the game. Maybe someone has a clue ...
      i attacked 2 Anti-Tanks (level 5) with a stack of Gunships Attack-Choppers (4x lvl 5) + Heli-Officer (lvl 3). the both antitanks where already damaged, having together 37 Hitpoints. They where on the move, in enemy province (my province), normal terrain. i had expected that my stack would kill them easiely, but only did about 15 HPs of damage! further more the helis took damage??? after that i attacked with a mixed stack of gunships (4x lvl 4) and attack-chopter (1x lvl 5). i counted the damage vs hard targets and was afraid, the could not do enough damage. they killed the stack, but also took damage (about 10 HPs)

1. how could my attack-chopter-stack not kill them?
      2. why took my attack-chopter-stack damage?
      3. why could the gunship-stack kill them?
      4. why took the gunship-stack damage?

that leads to the next big question for me ... what is exactly counted as "hard" and what as "soft" target?
      concerning all infantery (including officers ?) - i'm relatively sure that these are "soft" targets
      concerning all armored (including Officers) - i'm relativley sure that these are "hard" targets
      but what is support?
      towed artillery = soft ... that i found in the forum, but the rest?

mobile artillery = soft/hard ?
      MRL = soft/hard?
      MAA = soft/hard?
      SAM = soft/hard?
      TDS = soft/hard?
      Radar = soft/hard?

most players i encounter use mixed stacks (gunship/attack-heli) ... is there a special reason? do the do more damage?

Overall question: what's the best strategy/use of Helicopters?

thanks everyone in advance. i searched a lot in the forum, but did not find anything useful ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by DerIrrePolterer ().

• you can literally just look into the unit description to find out what unit type a unit counts as; its depicted right next to their name at the top

DerIrrePolterer wrote:

most players i encounter use mixed stacks (gunship/attack-heli) ... is there a special reason? do the do more damage?
      mixed stacks have higher survivability

DerIrrePolterer wrote:

again i encountered a (for me) strange behaviour of the game. Maybe someone has a clue ...
      i attacked 2 Anti-Tanks (level 5) with a stack of Gunships (4x lvl 5) + Heli-Officer (lvl 3). the both antitanks where already damaged, having together 37 Hitpoints. The where on the move, in enemy province, normal terrain. i had expected that my stack would kill them easiely, but only did about 15 HPs of damage! further more took damage??? after that i attacked with a mixed stack of gunships (4x lvl 4) and attack-chopter (1x lvl 5). i counted the damage vs hard targets and was afraid, the could not do enough damage. they killed the stack, but also took damage (about 10 HPs)

sending kinda mixed signals here
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

you can literally just look into the unit description to find out what unit type a unit counts as; its depicted right next to their name at the top

-> i read this line in the forum and tried looked the description up many many time. i don't find anything mentioned .. there is just the type "infantery", "armored", "support".
      that "infantery" means soft and armored "hard" is (relatively) clear ... my question was what exactly "support" is ?!

DerIrrePolterer wrote:

i attacked 2 Anti-Tanks (level 5) with a stack of Gunships (4x lvl 5) + Heli-Officer (lvl 3). the both antitanks where already damaged, having together 37 Hitpoints. The where on the move, in enemy province, normal terrain. i had expected that my stack would kill them easiely, but only did about 15 HPs of damage! further more took damage??? after that i attacked with a mixed stack of gunships (4x lvl 4) and attack-chopter (1x lvl 5). i counted the damage vs hard targets and was afraid, the could not do enough damage. they killed the stack, but also took damage (about 10 HPs)

sending kinda mixed signals here
      -> sorry, what exactly do you mean by that?
    • >how did my attack chopper stack not kill them?
      >says u used 4 gunships + 1 officer; not much of an attack heli there?
      >as always rng is a thing

>why took my attack-chopter-stack damage?
      >Do you mean the gunship stack that you called attack chopper stack or the actual chopper stack?
      >also ofc they recieve dmg; whatever the def dmg of the stack against helis is

>why could the gunship-stack kill them?
      >you mean the mixed gunship-attackheli stack?
      >because they did enough HP to reduce the enemies HP to zero; rng is a thing and the value given to you in the unit description is a thing

>why took the gunship-stack damage?

>because they got hit duh; con doesn't deal dmg to you out of nowhere, there is always a source... so if you dont know why they took so much dmg then its because you missed something

>i attacked 2 Anti-Tanks (level 5) with a stack of Gunships (4x lvl 5) + Heli-Officer (lvl 3). the both antitanks where already damaged, having together 37 Hitpoints. The where on the move, in enemy province, normal terrain. i had expected that my stack would kill them easiely, but only did about 15 HPs of damage! further more took damage??? after that i attacked with a mixed stack of gunships (4x lvl 4) and attack-chopter (1x lvl 5). i counted the damage vs hard targets and was afraid, the could not do enough damage. they killed the stack, but also took damage (about 10
      > so you're telling me that you actually managed to downgrade your units?
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • DerIrrePolterer wrote:

Hello everyone,

that leads to the next big question for me ... what is exactly counted as "hard" and what as "soft" target?
      concerning all infantery (including officers ?) - i'm relatively sure that these are "soft" targets
      concerning all armored (including Officers) - i'm relativley sure that these are "hard" targets
      but what is support?
      towed artillery = soft ... that i found in the forum, but the rest?

mobile artillery = soft/hard ?
      MRL = soft/hard?
      MAA = soft/hard?
      SAM = soft/hard?
      TDS = soft/hard?
      Radar = soft/hard?

Overall question: what's the best strategy/use of Helicopters?

thanks everyone in advance. i searched a lot in the forum, but did not find anything useful ...

DerIrrePolterer wrote:

towed artillery is counted as "soft" target (so getting bonus from the inf-officer).
      what type of "target" are support-units? are they "hard"-Targets as you hinted? that would mean, that i should take attack-choppers to fight them, but i had the impression, that i don't do much damage ... not as much as with gunships and that would be senseless?!
      hard soft.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • 1. thanks to all for the help. did they changed that in the unit-desciption? I was absolutely sure, that there was not a sign like helmet/tank, but the support-sign (little artilery) -> obvisiously:
      man ... I#m stupid :)

2. my first stack where 4 Attack-choppers + officer -> my mistake -> they should have dealt enough damage for 37 HPs (ATs) - even with bad rng ...

3. why took they damage: the both ATs where in my province. ist was a biiiig province. in a radius of 100 was no other unit ... i checked several times. and i did not get any other message as the choppers where in combat with the AT-Stack. so they dealt damage.
      if you exclude every logical possibility, the unlogical is the only answer :)
    • Teburu wrote:

>how did my attack chopper stack not kill them?
      >says u used 4 gunshipss + 1 officer; not much of an attack heli there?
      -> my mistake. meant Attack-Choppers (4 + officer)

>as always rng is a thing

they should have had enough power to kill the stack (37 HPs). At least the should not have dealt only 15 HPs of damage ... even with the worst RNG possible (except there is a faktor, that can reduce damage to nearly zero)
      4x11 damage (attack-choppers) + 13 (officer) = 57*Bonus (25%) = 71 damage. RNG can reduce THIS to 15 damage???

>why took my attack-chopter-stack damage?
      >Do you mean the gunship stack that you called attack chopper stack or the actual chopper stack?

1. the attack-stack took damage
      2. the gunship-stack took damage

>also ofc they recieve dmg; whatever the def dmg of the stack against helis is

-> ATs don't have any damage vs. Choppers ... (i checked again :rolleyes: )

>why could the gunship-stack kill them?
      >you mean the mixed gunship-attackheli stack?

Yes

>because they did enough HP to reduce the enemies HP to zero; rng is a thing and the value given to you in the unit description is a thing

-> then i had really good RNG

>why took the gunship-stack damage?

>because they got hit duh; con doesn't deal dmg to you out of nowhere, there is always a source... so if you dont know why they took so much dmg then its because you missed something

-> ATs don't have any damage vs. Choppers ... (i checked a second time :D )

>i attacked 2 Anti-Tanks (level 5) with a stack of Gunships (4x lvl 5) + Heli-Officer (lvl 3). the both antitanks where already damaged, having together 37 Hitpoints. The where on the move, in enemy province, normal terrain. i had expected that my stack would kill them easiely, but only did about 15 HPs of damage! further more took damage??? after that i attacked with a mixed stack of gunships (4x lvl 4) and attack-chopter (1x lvl 5). i counted the damage vs hard targets and was afraid, the could not do enough damage. they killed the stack, but also took damage (about 10
      > so you're telling me that you actually managed to downgrade your units?

nope ... 'couse the first stack where Attack-choppers :saint:

obvisiously i mixed some details .. i've corrected it ;)