For those who complain about unfair players or "overpowered" units // my opinions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For those who complain about unfair players or "overpowered" units // my opinions

I've met people complaining about unfairness of other players and I just read a thread where people wanted to nerf a certain unit. All of these are my opinions only.

1. The first one is easy to respond. complaining about the unfairness of other players (like backstabbing, lying, manipulating, anything) it's stupid. we are talking about politics, nothing is fair or unfair there, it's all a game where one outsmarts the other. I understand that most of the players just want to have fun, but it's like complaining for losing in chess because you play it for fun. So you shouldn't exactly have fun by winning the game, but by learning from other players as well and from your mistakes.
      2. I do believe that the game is balanced. Like, being mocked by mortars? Engage them with your special forces and destroy them with the full might of your ranged and heavy units. + actually you can defend your city while sleeping using special forces by defending the main route, but staying in the range of your artillery. Being mocked by bombers? Add proper air defence. Struggling against stealth units? Add stealth detection, defend your main routes against special forces, defend your main armies and cities with anti air units. Some may argue about other units, but everything has a weak point and no strategy in this game is perfect.

!Opening a discussion about what units you think should be nerfed according to you is not my purpose!
    • 1. Totally agree

2. There are some handful of units underpower if you fail to see it. it ok cuz you would never touch them.
      and Yes, the game should be play like that. make counter of whatever enemy throw at you. BUT i argue that some units are unnaturally op.
      due to nature of the game, range units already massively OP against melee units. There is no point making melee unit become range unit with full melee stats and no, "just use this more OP units to take this secondary OP units down" should not be the answer
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

and no, "just use this more OP units to take this secondary OP units down" should not be the answer
      That's the contrary to what I'm saying. I'm saying there are no true OP units there. A unit can be OP against an ill-developed country, but objectively, it's not. If a country develops X strong weapon, the other country develops Y strong weapon to stop X from causing trouble. It's like saying "max level anti air is not the answer to stopping the enemy air forces". Every unit has a weak spot and you need to exploit it. There are so many units in this game, that anyone can choose the right strategy to counter his enemy. Most importantly, how are you attacking if you can't defend?
    • Let look at motar inf, again lol.

At first, it just melee unit that have good defend and not expensive.
      counter units
      - any melee units (mbt, afv, recon, mec inf, naval inf, spec ops)
      - arti
      - aircraft
      - missiles
      - itself

now at gen 3 it have range attack which obsolete all other melee units. now option to counter motar inf is
      - spec ops
      - arti
      - aircraft
      - missiles
      - itself

now you can put some units to counter it weakness and wala ! you get the impossible to beat stack.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

Let look at motar inf, again lol.

At first, it just melee unit that have good defend and not expensive.
      counter units
      - any melee units (mbt, afv, recon, mec inf, naval inf, spec ops)
      - arti
      - aircraft
      - missiles
      - itself

now at gen 3 it have range attack which obsolete all other melee units. now option to counter motar inf is
      - spec ops
      - arti
      - aircraft
      - missiles
      - itself

now you can put some units to counter it weakness and wala ! you get the impossible to beat stack.
      I'm not sure what you mean with the last sentence, but assuming you mean that one can counter spec ops, arti, aircraft, etc, then mortars become too strong, then actually you can't truly counter a solid army completely, and if your army is solid, then it can protect both the air and land, and can resist stealth attacks and missile attacks as well. 1. It doesn't mean your enemy isn't going to have a good stack as well
      2. If you see your enemy attacking with a good stack it doesn't mean you have to stop and fight. If he has a lot of mortars and you want minimal casualities you can retreat until that stack ends in an unfavorable terrain and unleash a devastating barrage on it using your artillery, bombers and drones
      3. Ambush by cutting off communication lines using airborne infantry and cut off the retreat roads using your spec ops

Now, suppose the enemy tries to stop your artillery. Well, that's your terrain! you should have cleverly placed anti air, and you should ensure total air dominance. Note that in bad terrain infantry is less effective. Also, you can create an advance guard with good defence points, so it gets the damage on it and then your army steps in. This is just a scenario and the first tactics that came into my mind.
    • playbabe wrote:

I will argue this, Units will be OP because the way of countering them is heavily demanding and limited.
      Having "a way to counter them" does not make it automatically not OP.
      yes, btw, I understand. I guess my answer is not complete in the previous message and also, I just noticed it was only for the case when you were being invaded. Also there are a lot of scenarios depending on the skills + as Kalrakh mentioned, it depends on the activity of the player. The main way to stop such strong units, is to develop as quick as your enemy. In case of mortars, in the end, their range is too small. It's not said your enemy will find time and money to get both so much infantry and other strong units + he should be extremely lucky to launch his main attack while you are sleeping.