Are all the continents balanced?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rice_is_lit wrote:

I feel like there are much more countries in europe and asia and it is much harder to succeed than in south america. Additionally i feel like a lot of african countries are not favored and people like to choose conutries in europe over them.

P.S. this was my first post so i am a bit nervous :D
      Hi, welcome aboard!

No need to be nervous, after all what is the worst that can happen? Someone typing harsh words at you? I don't know you, but I am willing to bet you have survived countless harsh words and are all the better for that survival.

Now to your question. No, the continents are not balanced. This game tries to present a cross between balance and realism, usually with balance winning out. But to not at least try to reflect the fact that Europe and SE Asia are higher concentrations of civic centers would be absurd. So, again, no, it's not balanced, but that's because it would be absurd to balance it that way. You might as well have an alternate earth with perfectly square continents, cut into grids for the countries so they are balanced, than ignore the real world imbalance.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Not balanced . I assume you are talking about WW3 map . In this scenario, no European country has 5 cities , all have 6 or more (playable ones ) . In Americas, number of countries is less in real life. USA Canada and Brazil are very big in size and Central American nations are very small . This means that playable countries will obviously be lesser .Africa however is an interesting region for me and many players like to play African countries . There are a lot of countries and most have 5 cities . Only Egypt has 7 . Others have 5 or 6 . So continents are not balanced and I won't talk about Oceania of course :)